Every day, it seems like someone I know is starting the keto diet. With all its benefits, it doesn’t surprise me, and I’ve been toying with the idea of trying it one day soon. The keto diet is a high fat, low carb diet that helps with weight loss and offers a range of health benefits including reduced blood sugar and insulin levels, brain and heart health, gastrointestinal and gallbladder health, and so much more. And there are tons of delicious recipes that make the keto diet one of the simplest and most delicious out there. We’ve rounded up 30 keto lunch ideas to show your just how easy it is!
The keto diet works by depleting your body of its stored sugar, and the goal is for you to get more calories from protein than carbs. Keto diet recipes are filled with high fat foods like avocado, duck and chicken fat, and fatty fish and seafood. The reduction of carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis and your body transforms into a fat burning machine. The great thing about keto recipes is they’re so filling and satisfying that you lose weight but don’t get hungry.
Pssst. Does this sound too complicated?
Click HERE to get keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Ketogenic cooking doesn’t have to take up a lot of your time. In fact, many of these ketogenic diet recipes were made with busy schedules in mind.
Meal Prep Ideas for Keto Lunch Recipes
Meal prep is key if you want to keep on top of your keto diet meals. Meal prepping is the process of preparing your food ahead of time (chopping, cooking, slicing, portioning, etc.) so you can combine and eat when meal time comes around. It removes the weekly stress of getting lunch ready each morning, plus it’s budget-friendly and ensures your lunches are as healthy as can be.
For easy meal prep, first plan out your meals for the week ahead (we have a list of 30 lunches for you below, so we’ve already done the hard part!), then choose the ones you love best! Next, do a big grocery shop with a list of all the ingredients you need. Finally, you can prep your lunches on the weekend. There’s nothing better than waking up Monday morning and having your lunch ready to go!
To make meal prep even easier, use meal prep containers like these or these to compartmentalize your food and bring your meals with you on the go. The containers ensure your food doesn’t mix together and get soggy, and they also make it easy to assemble your food when you’re at work.
Soups and salads are ideal for meal prep. You can make a big batch of soup to portion throughout the week, and cut up lots of veggies and cook meat for a salad to bring with you n multiple days. Casseroles, chillies and stirfrys are also easy to batch cook and bring with you on the go. There are so many different options when it comes to the keto diet!
And if you struggle with meal planning and want someone to do the work for you, Tasteaholic offers a keto membership site that sends weekly meal plans straight to your inbox. BOOM! Weight loss just got easier.
Take a look at 30 lunch recipes to put on your ketogenic diet menu and enjoy yummy lunches all week long.
- Cheddar Wrapped Taco Rolls | Wicked Stuffed
- Loaded Chicken Salad | My Pcos Kitchen
- Sesame Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Mushrooms | Meal Prep on Fleek
- Almond Butter Bunless Bacon Burger | The Nourished Caveman
- Shrimp Avocado Salad | Savory Tooth
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole | Grass Fed Girl
- Cauliflower Fried Rice | Pure Wow
- Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup | All Day I Dream About Food
- Gyro Taco Salad with Tzatziki Guacamole | Mark’s Daily Apple
- Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos | I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls | Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Marinated Cauliflower Antipasto Salad | Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Thai Tuna Salad | Table for Two Blog
- Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl | Hey Keto Mama
- Crispy Flourless Crab Cakes | Carb Wars
- Easy Cashew Chicken | Keto Connect
- Flaxseed Keto Wraps | Sugar Free Londoner
- No-Bread Italian Sub Roll-Ups | Our Paleo Life
- Keto Chili | Keto Karma
- Keto Chicken Tenders | How to This and That
- Easy Keto Lasagna | Hey Keto Mama
- Avocado Egg Salad | Happy Healthy Mama
- Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese | The Iron You
- Spinach Quiche Cups | Manila Spoon
- Easy Keto Egg Salad | Hey Keto Mama
- Low Carb Easy Taco Pie | All Day I Dream About Food
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole | Domestically Creative
- Zucchini Pasta with Chicken and Pistachios | Happy Body Formula
- Keto Poke with Ahi Tuna and Citrus | Perfect Keto
- Bacon and Salmon Cream Sauce with Tomato and Vodka | Low Carb Maven
If you’re looking for keto lunch recipes you can pack with you on the daily, these are some of the most easy and delicious ones around! Try them on your keto journey to help you reach your health and weight loss goals!
You may also like…
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked these keto lunch ideas, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more keto recipes, please follow our Health board on Pinterest!