If you’ve been on the keto diet for a while, you’ve probably heard of fat bombs, and maybe you’ve even tried them. And if you’re new to the keto lifestyle, you may be wondering what exactly a fat bomb is. On the keto diet, you minimize your carbs and maximize the good fats entering your body. Fat bombs make this whole process easy and delicious. They’re the perfect low carb high fat snacks that are ideal as a mid-morning or afternoon bite, or a pre- or post-workout snack. Once you see these keto fat bomb recipes, you’re going to wonder where they’ve been all your life.
What is a Fat Bomb?
Before we dive in to our favorite delicious keto snack recipes, let’s look at what exactly a fat bomb is. Fat bombs are essentially small snacks or treats that are high in fat and low in carbs, which is precisely what the keto diet requires you to eat. Fat bombs can be sweet or savoury, often contain nuts or seeds (but they don’t have to), and are almost always small in size – about a tablespoon.
When you’re craving an afternoon pick-me-up, it’s easy to reach for a chocolate bar or cookie from your desk drawer, but fat bombs ensure you’re getting your energy the right way and were literally made for people on the keto diet. They’re a great way to boost your energy, especially when you feel the afternoon slump coming on.
Pssst. Looking for SIMPLE weight loss?
Click HERE to get keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Fat bombs contain lots of healthy fats, which are crucial for anyone on the keto diet. Healthy fats lower inflammation in your body, make it easier to lose weight and boost your metabolism, among other health benefits. Since fat bombs contain over 90% fat, they help you burn more fat for fuel and stay in ketosis. Eat them once or twice a day as a replacement for your normal snacks.
How to Make Fat Bombs
Fat bombs are really simple to whip up once you know how to make them. Since they’re fully customizable, first you have to decide what flavour and texture you want. Do you want sweet or savory? Crunchy or chewy? Spicy? Cheesy? Once you figure this out, you can choose your ingredients.
Then you have to find your fat base. Fat is essential for fat bombs (just look at the name), but also because the fat base will solidify when refrigerated and stay solid at room temperature, making them easy to eat. The most popular fat bases are coconut oil and cream cheese, but you can also use butter, coconut cream, ghee, tree nut cheese, etc.
After you’ve decided on your fat base, you can add in other ketogenic ingredients. Depending on what flavour and texture you want for your keto snack recipes, you can add ingredients like nuts, vanilla, coconut flakes, seeds, berries, eggs, low-carb veggies and fruits, cheese, chopped herbs, chopped cooked meat, sour cream, etc.
To mix the ingredients together, you can melt your fat base and mix in your ingredients. You can form your blend into balls or bars and put them in the fridge until they’re solid.
Get 30 delicious 5-ingredient Keto Desserts >>HERE!
The Easiest Fat Bomb – The Chocolate Bomb
The chocolate bomb is the easiest and quickest fat bomb to make. All you need is raw organic cacao powder and coconut oil. A lot of fat bomb low carb high fat recipes use coconut oil because it’s one of the best sources of healthy fats. It also solidifies in the fridge, making them a lot less messy to snack on.
The chocolate bomb is one of the best low carb high fat desserts. All you have to do to make one is melt the coconut oil in a pan until it’s liquid. Then mix in the same amount of cacao powder (let’s say, one half cup of each, but there’s no requirement). Once it’s mixed and you have a chocolate liquid, you can turn off your heat source and mix in whatever fixings you desire (nuts, honey, dried fruit, etc.), or leave as is. Pour the mix onto a cookie sheet or silicone container and put it in the fridge for about 2-4 hours until it solidifies. Ta da, you have a delicious chocolate bomb!
But chocolate isn’t the only type of fat bomb you can make. Here are 30 low carb keto recipes, also know as fat bombs!
Sweet Fat Bomb Recipes
- Coconut Berry Fat Bombs | Whole Natural Life
- Fudge Fat Bombs | Real Balanced
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs | My Keto Recipes
- Caramel Apple Pie Fat Bombs | Real Food RN
- Key Lime Pie Fat Bombs | Real Balanced
- Cookie Dough Fat Bombs | Healthful Pursuit
- Sea Salted Chocolate Fat Bombs | The Dirty Floor Diaries
- Vanilla Fat Bombs Dipped in Chocolate | Keto Summit
- Happy Almond Bombs | Screwed on Straight
- Butter Pecan Fat Bombs | Fluffy Chix Cook
- Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs | Grass Fed Girl
- Matcha Coconut Fat Bombs | The Healthy Foodie
- English Toffee Fat Bombs | Keto Girl Blog
- Frozen Strawberry Fat Bomb | Maria Mind Body Health
- Peppermint Mocha Fat Bombs | The Happy Health Freak
Savory Fat Bomb Recipes
- Cheesy Jalapeno Fat Bombs | Low Carb Yum
- Savory Salmon Fat Bombs | Keto Diet App
- Baked Brie and Pecan Prosciutto Savory Fat Bombs | The Nourished Caveman
- Breakfast Bacon Fat Bombs | A Simple Pantry
- Cheesy Pesto Fat Bombs | Keto Diet App
- Savory Pizza Fat Bombs | Ruled.Me
- Bacon, Braunshweiger and Pistachio Truffles | I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Bacon and Guacamole Fat Bombs | Keto Diet App
- 5 Cheese and Bacon Cauliflower Bites | Peace Love and Low Carb
- Bacon and Egg Fat Bombs | Keto Diet App
- Savory Mediterranean Fat Bombs | Keto Diet App
- Jalapeno Popper Fat Bombs | Ruled.Me
- Bacon, Egg and Avocado Savory Fat Bombs | Ketovale
- Cheesy Bacon Bombs | Oh, Bite It
- Buttered Bacon Fat Bomb | Fluffy Chix Cook
If you’re looking to boost your energy on the keto diet, these keto fat bomb recipes are just what you need! Plus, they’re a delicious way to get your fix!