Going camping this summer? Camping is so much fun. It’s the perfect activity to do with your little ones, while enjoying the outdoors and learning about nature. One of the more stressful things about camping? Getting all your meals planned and prepped! Without proper preparation, you may be stuck eating granola bars and potato chips all week long. Don’t fret – we’ve got the solution! We’ve rounded up 45 make ahead camping meals to ensure no one goes hungry on your camping trip! All it takes is a little prep and you’re on your way to being fed and satisfied.
6 Camping Meal Prep Tips
1. Eggs in a Water Bottle
Eggs are one of the best foods to whip up over your portable griddle. However, making sure they get to the campsite in one piece is a whole other story. Since eggs have to be transported in a cooler, it’s pretty much a given that some will break. Instead, break your eggs ahead of time, scramble them and pour them in a water bottle. This will also save space in your cooler for other things!
2. Chop and Bag Your Veggies
Most veggies will stay good for a while in a cooler. Chop up your favourite easy-to-eat veggies, from carrots to celery to peppers, so you have them to snack on. Fill up plastic baggies with veggies for a healthy, easy snack your whole family can enjoy.
3. Pancakes on the Go
Pancakes are a great camping breakfast! Pre-make your pancake mix, place it in a plastic bag and store it in your cooler. When you’re ready to use it, snip off a corner and let it out onto the griddle when it’s hot and ready! You can add in extras like berries, bananas or chocolate chips once it’s on the griddle.
4. Tin Foil for Quick Clean Up
Tin foil is a lifesaver when it comes to campfire cooking. It’s ideal for recipes that use fish, meat or veggies! Not only does tin foil ensure a scrumptious aroma of your meal when it’s cooked over the campfire, it also makes cleanup a complete breeze!
5. Campfire Pizzas
There’s nothing better than a smoky campfire pizza. Cooking pizza over fire adds incredible flavour, and it’s easy to prep everything you need beforehand! Make the pizza dough and sauce at home, and chop up any vegetables and meats you’ll want to top your pizza with. Keep everything in the cooler to keep it fresh!
6. Cook Your Meals at Home
The best way to prep for a camping trip is making most of your meals at home. Recipes like muffins, biscuits, burritos, salads, casseroles and chilis are all delicious meals and snacks you can make ahead of time, pack with you and keep in the cooler. Check out our favourite make ahead meals below!
15 Make Ahead Camping Meals for Breakfast
1. Campfire Orange Cinnamon Rolls | Oleander and Palm
2. Healthy Grilled French Toast Foil Packets | Food Network
3. Summer Fruit Crisp | Brit + Co.
4. Banana Bread | All Recipes
5. Camping Breakfast Burritos | Taste & Tell
6. Breakfast Hobo Packs with Hash Brown Potatoes, Sausage and Scallions | Epicurious
7. Loaded Breakfast Biscuits | The Salty Marshmallow
8. Campfire Huevos Rancheros | Today’s Parent
9. Campfire French Toast | This Lil Piglet
10. Breakfast Eggs in Foil Bowls | Taste of Home
11. Cornmeal Griddle Pancake Mix | Chez Us
12. Muffin Tin Quiches with Smoked Cheddar and Potato | Eating Well
13. Vegan Potato Cakes with Carrot and Rice | Little Sunny Kitchen
14. Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole | Sally’s Baking Addiction
15. Muesli Scones | Elana’s Pantry
15 Make Ahead Camping Meals for Lunch
1. Cheesy Bacon Hotdogs | Food Network
2. Pineapple Pork Shish Kebabs | Brit + Co.
3. Campground Paella | Today’s Parent
4. 4-Ingredient Pizza Pockets | Happy Money Saver
5. Grilled Mexican Street Corn | Fresh Off the Grid
6. Camping Quesadillas | Cupcake Diaries
7. Easy Meatball Subs | Happy Money Saver
8. Foil Pack French Dip Sandwiches | Chelsea’s Messy Apron
9. Barbecue Black Bean Tacos | Brit + Co.
10. Foil Packet Nachos | Happy Money Saver
11. Easy Summer Pasta Salad | Two Peas and Their Pod
12. BBQ Chicken Foil Packets | The Family Freezer
13. Chilli Lime Steak Fajitas | Diethood
14. Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets | Dinner at the Zoo
15. Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwich Rolls | Christina’s Cucina
15 Make Ahead Camping Meals for Dinner
1. Steak Fajita Foil Packets | Happy Money Saver
2. Campfire Paella | Zestuous
3. Easy Campfire Pizza | Food Network
4. Whole Wheat Pasta with Goat Cheese and Tomato | Cookin’ Canuck
5. Big Batch Pressure Cooked Vegetarian Chilli | Brit + Co.
6. Mexican Chicken Scallopini Fajitas | Today’s Parent
7. One-Pot Campfire Mac and Cheese | Food Network
8. Pineapple Chicken Kebabs | Fresh Off the Grid
9. Dutch Oven Thai Campfire Chicken | Camping for Foodies
10. Shrimp Foil Packets with Zucchini | Recipes From a Pantry
11. Pesto Pork Chop and Summer Vegetable Foil Dinner | Good Life Eats
12. Chicken Pot Pie Turnovers | Spicy Southern Kitchen
13. Southwest Couscous Salad | Savory Tooth
14. Turkey Taco Macaroni | Taste of Home
15. Naan Pizza | Create Kids Club
Ready to pack your bags for a camping trip? Try out these camping recipes and you’ll be set for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love these make ahead camping meals? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
If you’re looking for more easy recipes, make sure to follow our Food and Recipes board on Pinterest!