Sweet and delectable, mango is a tropical fruit that can be used to elevate almost any recipe. From breakfast to lunch, dinner and dessert, adding mangoes to your meals is a sure way to punch up the flavour. Mango not only tastes delicious, it’s also ripe with health benefits. From boosting your immune system to helping with digestion and enhancing your skin and hair health, mango is a fruit you’re going to want to add to your diet as much as possible. Take a look at our favourite mango recipes for every meal of the day.
5 Health Benefits of Mangoes
1. High in Protective Antioxidants
Mangoes are rich in protective antioxidants including gallotannins and mangiferin. These have been found to counter the oxidative stress associated with day to day living and exposure to toxins. Antioxidants are important because they protect your cells against free radicals, which are responsible for signs of aging and chronic disease.
2. Contains Immune-Boosting Nutrients
Mangoes are an excellent source of immune-boosting nutrients. One cup of mango provides 10% of your daily vitamin A needs, an essential vitamin for a healthy immune system. The same amount also provides nearly 75% of your vitamin C needs, helping your body produce more disease-fighting white blood cells and improving your skin’s defences. Mango is also a great source of of immune-boosting nutrients including copper, folate, vitamin E and several B vitamins.
3. Aids in Digestion
Mangoes have been found to aid with digestive issues such as constipation due to their fibre content. They also contain a group of digestive enzymes called amylases. Digestive enzymes break down large food molecules so your body can absorb them easily. The polyphenols available in mangoes are beneficial too. They’ve been studied for their gastro-protective effects, offering both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to the digestive system.
4. May Enhance Heart Health
Mangoes have also been found to be heart healthy. They contain magnesium and potassium, which help maintain a healthy blood flow, relaxing your blood vessels and promoting low blood pressure levels. The fibre, potassium and vitamins in mangoes help keep the arteries working and reduce the risk of heart disease. Mango’s super antioxidant mangiferin may also protect heart cells against inflammation, oxidative stress and cell death and may lower cholesterol, triglycerides and free fatty acids.
5. Great for Skin and Hair Health
If you want to enhance your skin and hair health naturally, mangoes are a great fruit to eat. The vitamin A in mangoes is responsible for the development and maintenance of epithelial tissues such as skin, hair and sebaceous glands, which help keep your hair moisturized and healthy. The vitamin C in mangoes also helps produce collagen, which gives skin elasticity and helps prevent wrinkles and sagging.
How to Cut a Mango
Check out this quick and easy-to-follow tutorial on how to cut and dice a mango perfectly every time!
How to Cut and Dice a Mango via Clean & Delicious
15 Breakfast Mango Recipes
1. Vegan Mango Coconut Crumble Muffins | Bakerita
2. Mango Chicken Breakfast Sausage | Heartbeet Kitchen
3. Mango Coconut Overnight Oats | Sandhya’s Kitchen
4. Vegan Mango Pancakes | Kiipfit
5. Mango Blueberry Bread Pudding | Chef de Home
6. Tropical Breakfast Granola Tarts | Cooking on the Front Burner
7. Tropical Scones with Mango and Pineapple | Alyssa Ponticello
8. Mango Chia Breakfast Bowls | Inquiring Chef
9. Cinnamon Mango Overnight Oats | Eat the Gains
10. Tropical Mango Oatmeal | Babaganoush
11. Mango Berry Breakfast Crisp | Lovely Little Kitchen
12. Greek Yogurt with Spiced Pepita, Cashew Crunch and Mango | Bon Appétit
13. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait | Spoonful of Flavour
14. Mango Salsa Omelet | Just a Pinch
15. Mango Coconut Breakfast Parfait | Well Vegan
15 Smoothie Mango Recipes
1. Mango Smoothie with Spinach and Banana | Well Plated
2. Fresh Mango Smoothie with Yogurt | The Spruce Eats
3. Mango Banana Smoothie | Marsha’s Baking Addiction
4. The Perfect Mango Smoothie | A Couple Cooks
5. Mango Spinach Smoothie | Pick Up Limes
6. Banana Mango Smoothie | My Recipes
7. Strawberry Mango Smoothie | Well Plated
8. Blueberry Mango Smoothie | Two Peas and Their Pod
9. Tropical Mango Pineapple Smoothie | Natasha’s Kitchen
10. Mango, Strawberry, Pineapple Smoothie | Food Network
11. Banana, Blueberry and Mango Smoothie | Healthy Family Project
12. Creamy Avocado Mango Smoothie | Eating Bird Food
13. Peach Mango Smoothie | The Busy Baker
14. Pineapple Orange Mango Smoothie | Tasty
15. Mango Orange Banana Sunrise Smoothie | Gimme Delicious
15 Lunch and Dinner Mango Recipes
1. Mango Avocado Salad | Bon Appétit
2. Basked Salmon with Mango Salsa | Gypsyplate
3. Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa | Dinner at the Zoo
4. BBQ Chicken and Mango Quesadillas | Jo Cooks
5. Grilled Spiced Snapper with Mango and Red Onion Salad | Bon Appétit
6. Spicy Thai Mango Salad | The Simple Veganista
7. Mango Chicken Salad | Diethood
8. Mango Shrimp Lettuce Wraps | The Recipe Critic
9. Thai Prawn, Mango and Avocado Noodle Salad | Recipe Tin Eats
10. Sticky Mango Chicken Skewers | Tasty
11. Mexican Mango and White Fish Ceviche | All Recipes
12. Curried Mango-Walnut Chicken Salad Sandwich | California Walnuts
13. Mango Soup with Coconut and Lime | The Wimpy Vegetarian
14. Jerk Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa | Tasty
15. Easy Avocado and Mango Sushi | Meal Prep on Fleek
15 Dessert Mango Recipes
1. Blueberry Mango Crumble | Amy’s Healthy Baking
2. Vanilla Layer Cake with Mango Curd | Bon Appétit
3. Mango Kulfi (Indian Ice Cream) | Shweta in the Kitchen
4. Mango Tart with Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream | Just a Taste
5. Mango Blondies | Hummusapien
6. Caramelized Plantain Parfait | Bon Appétit
7. Homemade Mango Ice Cream | Sandhya’s Kitchen
8. Bakery Style Mango Scones | Lemon Tree Dwelling
9. Mango Chocolate Chip Cookies | Make and Takes
10. Halo-Halo | Bon Appétit
11. Mango Crumb Bars | Joyous Apron
12. Mango Pudding | Little Sweet Baker
13. Mango Trifle | Nibble and Dine
14. Mango-Chile Ice | Bon Appétit
15. No Bake Mango Cheesecake | Recipe Tin Eats
Mangoes are not only sweet and delicious, they’re also packed with health benefits, making them a great addition to any meal of the day. Try out these recipes to see just how versatile mangoes can be!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this round up of mango recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Make sure to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!