If you suffer from low self-esteem, struggle to feel confident at work and in your relationships, and wish you had a way to shut down all of the negative, self-sabotaging thoughts you have about yourself, these simple confidence affirmations for women will teach you how to love and accept yourself despite your [perceived] flaws.
What Are Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are short and simple phrases that can help you overcome negative, self-sabotaging thoughts and replace them with positive, self-affirming beliefs. Positive affirmations are a practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment, and have been shown to boost feelings of self-confidence while also decreasing feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression. In order to be successful, positive affirmations must be factual, present-tense statements that use positive words.
How to Use Affirmations
If you’re specifically looking for confidence affirmations for women, but have no idea how to actually use them, here are some ideas to get you started.
1) Make a list
We’ve included a list of confidence affirmations for women below to inspire you, but before you get started, spend some time writing down all of the habits and/or traits you have that you perceive as negative. You’ll probably notice a common theme as you write, and the idea is to identify the one overarching negative statement you believe about yourself. Once you’ve identified the area you struggle with most, spend some time writing out an affirmation that is the exact opposite. Remember to use factual, positive, and present-tense words, and refer to the list of confidence affirmations for women below for some ideas!
2) Create a ritual
Once you’ve identified the negative beliefs you have about yourself and have chosen one or more positive affirmations to challenge those thoughts and feelings, spend some time brainstorming when and how you will put those positive affirmations into practice. In a perfect world, you would repeat your positive affirmations several times a day, but this can be challenging when you’re juggling work/school, a home, a family, a relationship, etc. Be realistic and identify at least 3 times throughout the day when you can commit to this practice.
RELATED: A Year of Positive Thinking
Daily Inspiration, Wisdom, and Courage
3) Start your day right
Research suggests that positive affirmations are most effective when repeated first thing in the morning, so if your schedule is tight and your time is limited, this is the best time to focus on your affirmations. Remember that positive affirmations are most effective when they are repeated several times per day, so try your best to find additional times to work on this if possible.
4) Pick your technique
There are many ways to practice confidence affirmations for women, but in order for this to be really effective, you need to pick a ritual that works best for you and that you are most comfortable with. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Look in the mirror. Repeat your positive affirmations to yourself out loud while looking at yourself in the mirror. Pay attention to your facial features, and make sure you are exhibiting confidence as you speak. Stand tall, speak loudly, enunciate clearly, and smile.
- Sit tall and smile. If using a mirror makes you feel uncomfortable, but you still like the idea of repeating your positive affirmations out loud, do so by sitting alone in a quiet room. Remember to sit tall and add a smile to promote feelings of positivity and confidence.
- Keep a journal. If repeating confidence affirmations for women out loud isn’t your bag, consider keeping a positive affirmations journal whereby you spend time writing and thinking about your mantras. Writing things out by hand is much more effective strategy than speaking out loud for some people, so do what works best for you.
- Breathing. If you need a way to practice your positive affirmations while on the go, take a deep breath in and think about your positive mantra as you slowly exhale.
5) Remember to practice often!
In order for your positive affirmations to stick, you need to get into the habit of repeating them several times a day, so practice, practice, practice!
33 Confidence Affirmations for Women
The confidence affirmations for women below are short and specific, allowing you to mix and match as needed. Some people prefer simple mantras as they are easier to remember and repeat when self-sabotaging thoughts threaten to take over, whereas others like a longer, more deliberate phrase that is specific to them and their struggles. Remember that there is no right or wrong way to approach this, and use the ideas below as guidance.
1. I am a strong woman
2. I am worth it
3. I am powerful
4. I’m a leader in my field
5. My body is healthy and strong
6. I deserve to be happy and loved
7. I am capable
8. I love myself, respect myself, and accept myself
9. Being kind to myself is worth my time
10. I love myself and treat myself with the kindness I deserve
11. I am deserving of love and acceptance
12. I am a positive role model to my <daughter, sister, niece, etc.>
13. I am doing my best
14. Other people’s opinions of me don’t matter
15. I will be my best self today
16. I am confident
17. I am full of love and goodness
18. I believe in myself
19. I love my body
20. I am beautiful
21. I am exactly where I need to be in my life
22. I have gifts to offer the world that no one else can give
23. I am patient with myself
24. I forgive myself
25. I am at peace with myself and my body
26. I love the person I’m becoming
27. My contributions matter
28. I celebrate every strong woman in my life
29. I listen to my body and respect what it needs
30. I can do anything I set my mind to
31. I am resilient
32. I cannot change the past
33. I am enough
I hope these confidence affirmations for women help you combat negative, self-sabotaging thoughts, allowing you to feel more self-assured in yourself and your relationships with others. Remember to start your day with positive affirmations and to repeat them to yourself as often as possible, and be careful to use factual, positive, present-tense statements.
This post contains affiliate link.
If you liked this collection of confidence affirmations for women, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more tips and ideas to help you live your best life, please follow our Mental Health board where we share all kinds of great ideas we find each day!