Cauliflower rice is one of the most nutritious rice alternatives out there. It’s a great way to squeeze more vegetables into your day, and provides benefits such as aiding with weight loss, fighting inflammation and helping to boost your immune system. Cauliflower provides a significant amount of antioxidants and is significantly lower carb than regular rice. Cauliflower rice is extremely versatile – you can use it in many types of dishes, from Asian, to Mexican, to vegan and more. It’s easy to whip up at home and can be used to make your favourite rice dishes healthier! Check out these cauliflower rice recipes you won’t regret trying!
What is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice is a healthy, low carb alternative for regular rice. You make it by pulsing cauliflower in a food processor and you can use it in bowls, stir fries, burritos and more! It’s super easy to make and is light and fluffy with a great texture. It’s also healthier for you than regular rice and once you mix it with other great flavours, it’s one of the most delicious ingredients you can use! You can cook it or eat it raw, and it can be freezed in a sealed container for up to one month.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice: The Basics
1. Use a Food Processor
The easiest way to make cauliflower rice is to use a food processor. Cut the cauliflower (including the cores) into 1-2 inch pieces and pulse in the food processor until it resembles the texture of rice. You can work in batches if you’re making a big quantity.
2. Don’t Over Process
Be careful not to over-process the cauliflower or it will end up mushy and uneatable. Pulse it only until it’s “riced” to get the right texture. It’s always best to under-pulse at first then pulse some more, rather than over-pulsing from the start.
3. You Can Also Use a Box Grater
If you don’t have a food processor at home, you can use a box grater with medium sized holes to make cauliflower rice. Cut the cauliflower into pieces and push it across the grater to make smaller pieces. The larger the pieces are, the easier they will be to grate.
4. De-Moisture Before Cooking
Before cooking your rice on the stovetop, wring excess moisture from the cauliflower. This ensures the rice caramelizes in places, and will give it more flavour. If there’s too much moisture, the rice just ends up steaming in the pan.
12 Healthy Cauliflower Rice Recipes
1. Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls | Yup, It’s Vegan
2. Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice | Inspired Taste
3. Parmesan Cauliflower Rice Skillet | Eat Well 101
4. Cauliflower Rice Lunch Bowl with Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas | Kitchn
5. Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry with Veggies and Marinated Tofu | The Fitchen
6. Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice | The Food Network
7. Healthy Cauliflower Rice Broccoli Casserole | My Food Story
8. Keto Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto | Wholesome Yum
9. Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl | Minimalist Baker
10. Lemony Roasted Cauliflower Risotto | Cookie and Kate
11. Greek Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl | The Clean Eating Couple
12. Garlic Butter Cauliflower Rice with Spinach | Diethood
12 Asian Cauliflower Rice Recipes
1. Cauliflower “Fried Rice” | Skinnytaste
2. Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Rice | Sweet Peas and Saffron
3. Chinese Cauliflower Fried Rice Casserole | Cotter Crunch
4. 30-Minute Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry | Minimalist Baker
5. Super Saucy Asian Cauliflower Rice | The Movement Menu
6. Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice | That Low Carb Life
7. Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce | This Healthy Kitchen
8. Asian Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry Bowls | Wine a Little, Cook a Lot
9. Edamame and Fried Cauliflower Rice | From the Grapevine
10. Korean-Style Cauliflower Rice | Hip Foodie Mom
11. Japanese Garlic Beef Cauliflower Rice | Low Carbing Asian
12. Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice | Slender Kitchen
12 Mexican Cauliflower Rice Recipes
1. Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice | My Food Story
2. Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet | All Day I Dream About Food
3. Cheesy Chicken and Black Bean Cauliflower Rice | Delish
4. Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole | Detoxinista
5. Spicy Mexican Cauliflower Rice | Paleo Grubs
6. Cauliflower Rice with Cheesy Steak Roll-Ups | Eat Well 101
7. Healthy Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl | Shared Appetite
8. Mexican Chicken Cauliflower Rice Skillet | Emily Bites
9. Taco Cauliflower Rice Casserole | Kirbie’s Cravings
10. Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito | Create Mindfully
11. Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet | Show Me the Yummy
12. Freezer Cauliflower Rice Black Bean Burritos | Sweet Peas and Saffron
12 Keto Cauliflower Rice Recipes
1. Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice | Simply So Healthy
2. Sushi Roll Cauliflower Rice Salad | All Day I Dream About Food
3. Cauliflower Rice Paella | Keto Adapted
4. Low Carb Chinese Sausage Fried Rice | Peace, Love and Low Carb
5. Low Carb Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto | All Day I Dream About Food
6. Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Bowls | Fox and Briar
7. Coconut Milk Shrimp Over Cauliflower Rice | Kalyn’s Kitchen
8. Low Carb Baked Chicken and Cauliflower Rice | I Breathe, I’m Hungry
9. Keto Salmon Poke Bowl | Keto Diet App
10. Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice | Hey Keto Mama
11. Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Rice | Low Carb Yum
12. Golden Cauliflower Rice | Flavcity
12 Vegan Cauliflower Rice Recipes
1. Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice | Peas and Crayons
2. Vegan Cauliflower Risotto with Asparagus and Mushrooms | Detoxinista
3. Thai Vegetable Cauliflower Fried Rice with Cashews | Vanilla and Bean
4. Cauliflower Rice Sushi Rolls | Namely Marly
5. Cheesy Vegan Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto | Paleo Gluten Free
6. Buffalo Cauliflower and Chickpea Casserole | From My Bowl
7. Cauliflower Rice Vegan Paella | Peaceful Dumpling
8. Cheesy Vegan Cauliflower Casserole | Vegan Huggs
9. Coconut Cauliflower Rice Buddha Bowl | Running on Real Food
10. Spicy Tofu Sushi with Cauliflower Rice | My Planted Plate
11. Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Hemp Casserole | Kara Lydon Nutrition
12. Thai Red Curry Cauliflower Rice | Running on Real Food
Ready to try some delicious and healthy cauliflower rice recipes? Whip these recipes up for an amazing twist on your favourite rice dishes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this post on cauliflower rice recipes? We’d love it if you shared it on Pinterest!
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes, make sure to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!