When my daughter came running off the bus a couple of weeks ago, she was BEYOND EXCITED to tell me about the ‘whacky’ science experiment they’d done at camp earlier that day. She’s always had a thing for science, which is why I’m forever searching for experiments we can try together using basic household items like vinegar and baking soda, but what struck me most on that sunny July afternoon was that she’d done something cool with eggs.
I’d never thought about searching for egg experiments for kids before.
So once she was safely tucked into bed later that evening, I poured myself a (large) glass of wine, fired up Pinterest, and before I knew it, I was lost in a sea of awesome ideas the 2 of us can do together when we’re cooped up at home during the horribleness that is winter in Toronto.
And since I know I’m not the only mom out there who is always on the lookout for ways to spend quality time with my child after school and on weekends, I’ve collected 15 must-try egg experiments for kids.
Who says you can’t learn and have fun at the same time?!
1. Make the Shell Disappear (Playdough to Plato)
2. Bouncy Egg (Parenting Chaos)
3. Floating Eggs (Little Bins for Little Hands)
4. Squishy Egg Science (One Time Through)
5. Egg Physics (Ordinary Life Magic)
6. Egg Staining (The Kindergarten Smorgasboard)
7. Walking on Raw Eggs (Housing a Forest)
8. Glowing Bouncy Egg (The Stem Laboratory)
9. Erupting Egg (Momma’s Fun World)
10. Egg Rubber Ball (How Wee Learn)
11. Silver Egg Experiment (Housing a Forest)
12. Egg in a Bottle (Education)
13. Eggs and Vinegar (Noted List)
14. Exploring Naked Eggs (Science Kiddo)
15. Silver Egg (Housing a Forest)
If you enjoyed this collection of egg experiments for kids as much as we have, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Fun with Kids board where we share all kinds of great ideas!