Mason jars have become one of the most popular ways to make meals, from breakfasts to salads, dinners and desserts! Simple and compact, mason jar desserts offer individual portions that are easy to make ahead of time, or quick to whip up on the spot. Most mason jar desserts are no-bake recipes, so are perfect to make when you’re short of time and don’t feel like turning on the oven. There are so many different dessert recipes you can make in a mason jar – you’re sure to find your favourite on our list! Take a look at our most-loved mason jar desserts you need to try!
4 Mason Jar Meal Prep Tips & Hacks
1. Jars to Use
Depending on the size of your dessert, there are a few different sized mason jars you can use. Most of the desserts either require 16 oz mason jars or 4 oz mason jars for smaller dessert sizes. Make sure to opt for wide-mouth jars to make assembly and eating easier. And of course, mason jars with lids are best if you’re meal prepping to keep the desserts fresh in the fridge.
2. Foods to Use and Avoid
You can use almost any food in mason jar meals – that’s the beauty of them! If you’re going to be meal prepping, do your best to avoid foods that will get soggy when left for a few days in the fridge. Fresh ingredients are always the best ingredients to use when meal prepping mason jar meals, so make sure to buy fresh fruit and other ingredients before you prep!
3. How to Store Them
Store your mason jar meals in the fridge with the lids sealed tightly. This will keep your desserts as fresh as possible so you can enjoy them for longer. Some of the recipes you can freeze, but check to see if it’s recommended on the recipe notes.
4. How Long Do They Last?
Mason jar desserts typically last 5 to 7 days in the fridge, depending on the ingredients used. At a minimum, they will last for 5 days, so you can make them on Sunday and enjoy them throughout the week after your daily dinners. If you wait 6 to 7 days, they should still be fresh, again depending on the ingredients you use.
15 Easy Mason Jar Desserts
1. Easy Tiramisu in a Jar | The Shabby Creek Cottage
2. Triple Berry Mason Jar Trifle | Hungry Enough
3. Golden Oreo Dream Salad | Julia’s Eats and Treats
4. Mason Jar Lemon Meringue Pies | It All Started with Paint
5. Banana Cream Pudding Parfaits | Two in the Kitchen
6. Caramel Banana Pudding Parfaits | Big Bear’s Wife
7. Boston Cream Pie in a Jar | Cookies and Cups
8. Tres Leches Cakes | Dine and Dish
9. Dreamsicle Cupcakes in a Jar | Glorious Treats
10. Mason Jar Funfetti Layer Cakes | Pop Sugar
11. Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding | Glorious Treats
12. Lemon Berry Cheesecake Trifles | Tide and Thyme
13. Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar | Country Cleaver
14. Cake in a Jar | Inspired by Charm
15. Lemon Delight in a Jar | Manu’s Menu
15 Healthy Mason Jar Desserts
1. Lemon Chia Seed Muffin Yogurt Parfait | Abra’s Kitchen
2. Banana Bread in a Jar | Nellie Bellie
3. Healthy Apple Pie Cheesecake in a Jar | Cooking LSL
4. Strawberry Peach Overnight Oats | Project Meal Plan
5. Key Lime Mason Jar Cheesecakes | Eating Well
6. Light Berry mason Jar Dessert | Snack Girl
7. Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Jars | Organize Yourself Skinny
8. Paleo Peach Pie in a Jar | Modern Glam
9. No Cook Apple Pie Oatmeal | The Lemon Bowl
10. Blueberry Almond Mason Jar Cakes | Instant Pot
11. Baked Strawberry Crumble in Mason Jars | Whole Food Bellies
12. Skinny Apple Bread in a Jar | Citron Limette
13. Mason Jar Blueberry Pies | Inspired By Charm
14. Overnight Apple Pie Oatmeal | The Lemon Bowl
15. Guiltless Banana Split in a Jar | Skinny Taste
15 No Bake Mason Jar Desserts
1. No Bake Cheesecake Jars | Sally’s Baking Addiction
2. Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Parfaits | Two in the Kitchen
3. Salted Caramel Brownie | The Cottage Market
4. Strawberry Angel Food Cake Jars | Iowa Girl Eats
5. Eggnog Cheesecake in a Jar | Flour on My Face
6. Salted Caramel Pumpkin Parfait | Love Grows Wild
7. Bananas Foster Cheesecake Pudding | The Cottage Market
8. Banana Split Parfait | Season with Spice
9. Tropical Rum Trifles with Coconut Cream | Completely Delicious
10. No Bake Rhubarb Cheesecake | The Lemon Press
11. Apple Pie Cheesecake in a Jar | Bake Me Some Sugar
12. Easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake | A Night Owl
13. No Bake Mason Jar Cheesecakes | Fed and Fit
14. Mini No Bake Key Lime Pies | Inspired by Charm
15. No Bake Lemon Berry Cheesecake | Rachel Cooks
15 Chocolate Mason Jar Desserts
1. Red velvet Oreo Trifles | Life, Love and Sugar
2. Rolo Brownie Trifles | Bakingdom
3. Mason Jar Mud Pies | Lily Pad Cottage
4. Chocolate Pudding Pie in a Jar | The Gal Cooks
5. Chocolate Mousse | Southern Bite
6. Whiskey Cake in a Jar | Sprinkle Bakes
7. Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes | Snappy Gourmet
8. Chocolate Malt Brownie Parfait in a Jar | A Spicy Perspective
9. Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait | Spend with Pennies
10. Dark Chocolate Jar Cakes | Fountain Avenue Kitchen
11. German Chocolate Cake in a Jar | Jamie Geller
12. Chocolate and Salted Caramel Cupcakes in a Mason Jar | Baking Mad
13. Nutella Crunch Cheesecakes | Snappy Gourmet
14. Mason Jar Salted Caramel Brownie Trifles | The Seasoned Mom
15. Oreo Peanut Butter Mason Jar Dessert | Crazy for Crust
Mason jar desserts are simple, quick and delicious! Meal prep to make them ahead of time or whip them up the night of for a delicious treat!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy our post on mason jar desserts? We’d love it if you shared it on Pinterest!
Want more amazing dessert recipes? Make sure to follow our Food & Recipes Board on Pinterest!