If you’re on the hunt for creative art projects you can enjoy with your children after school and on weekends, these duct tape crafts for kids will not disappoint!
We’ve curated tons of DIY ideas for all ages and stages, including simple bookmarks and lanyards, arm bands and bracelets, hair bows and headbands, and wallets, purses, iPhone cases, and iPad covers, allowing your kids to add a little personality to the items they use each day. These crafts also make meaningful keepsakes and gifts for family and friends, and offer an easy way to spend a little quality time together after school and on weekends!
5 Duct Tape Craft Tips and Techniques
1. Invest in a pair of nonstick scissors. Duct tape can leave a gummy film on scissors, making it difficult to work with, so before you get started with the duct tape crafts for kids below, make sure you have a pair (or 3) of nonstick titanium scissors.
2. Remove residue with rubbing alcohol. If you don’t have a set of nonstick scissors, or still find your duct tape leaving some residue, you can easily clean this off with rubbing alcohol and an old rag. Check out THIS POST on Hands Occupied for step by step instructions on how to do this quickly and efficiently!
3. Prep with parchment paper. If you’ve ever worked with duct tape, you know it can be challenging to peel and cut. This can pose problems when you’re in the middle of creating a craft and need to cut additional strips of tape ASAP. The good news is that duct tape doesn’t adhere very well to parchment paper, so you can pre-cut your duct tape into strips, place them on a large sheet of parchment paper, and then grab them as needed while you are trying out the duct tape crafts for kids below!
4. Create fun designs with decorative hole punches. Don’t be afraid to add a little personality to your designs with this set of hole punchers!
5. Keep your duct tape organized. If you plan on doing duct tape crafts for kids on the regular, you’ll want to consider investing in some sort of storage system to keep things organized. I love this portable divided craft bin as it has removal dividers, allowing you to store and organize multiple crafting materials at once. You can also buy multiple bins and stack them on top of one another if you have lots of supplies to organize!
21 Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Duct Tape Bookmarks | Sensibly Sara
Duct Tape Arm Bands | Frugal Fun For Boys and Girls
Duct Tape Boats | Julie Measures
Duct Tape Hair Bows | Real Life at Home
Braided Duct Tape Bracelets | DIY Candy
Duct Tape Rose | Woo! Jr. Kids Activities
Minimal Duct Tape Wallet | Instructables
Duct Tape Lanyard | Craft Soccer Mom
Duct Tape Flower Pens | Lasso the Moon
No Sew Duct Tape iPhone Case | Instructables
Duct Tape Purses | All Things Thrifty
Duct Tape Belt | sprinkle some fun
Duct Tape Pencil Roll | Chica Circle
Recycled Plastic Bottle Wind Spinner | Crafts by Amanda
Duct Tape Craft Bag for Dolls | Doll It Up
Duct Tape Pencils Case | Lesson Plans
Duct Tape iPad Cover | Craft Bits
Super Easy Duct Tape Headbands | Rosyscription
Duct Tape Backpack Charms | Modge Podge Rocks
Duct Tape Key Wristlet | Craft Soccer Mom
No Sew Duct Tape Tote | Instructables
Whether you’re looking for crafts you can enjoy with your kids after school and on weekends, or you’re on the hunt for activities older kids can enjoy independently, I hope this collection of duct tape crafts for kids inspires you!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this collection of duct tape crafts for kids, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun at home with your little ones, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of great ideas we find each day!