We don’t often hear “comfort food” and “weight loss” in the same sentence, and especially not comfort food leading to weight loss. Comfort food is often synonymous with meals like macaroni and cheese, lasagne and fried chicken, but it also includes soup! Keto soup recipes are low carb and delicious. They’re a great way to get your comfort food in in a healthy way and stick to your weight loss goals. If you’ve been searching for low carb soup recipes, we’re rounded up 33 keto soups to make on the keto diet!
What is the Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low carb, high fat eating plan that forces your body to burn fat instead of carbs for energy. Typically, your body burns carbs for fuel, and since your fat isn’t needed, it gets stored. On the keto diet, you drastically reduce your carb intake, so your body needs to look for another fuel source: Fat. This forces your body into a metabolic state called ketosis, which leads to fat loss, reduced appetite and lower inflammation.
Pssst. Does this sound too complicated?
Click HERE to get keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Along with weight loss, the keto diet has also been known to boost your energy, increase mental clarity, improve your cholesterol, and more! It’s taking the health world by storm and many keto dieters praise the eating plan for changing their life. If you’re searching for a sustainable diet that will help you reach your weight loss goals, the keto diet could be for you!
How to Stay Motivated on the Keto Diet
1. Start With Your Mindset
If you tell yourself things like “this diet is too hard” or that you know you’re eventually going to fail, it’s not going to help your motivation. What you feed your mind is important. Read motivational quotes, say daily affirmations, create a vision board, meditate – all these things will help you get your mindset right.
2. Get Educated and Inspired By Others
When you’re feeling like giving up on the keto diet, make sure to read others’ success stories and educate yourself about the diet and lifestyle. There is so much information available on the internet these days, with many websites devoted specifically to the keto diet!
Read about the science behind why the keto diet works for weight loss and elevated health; read about people who turned their life around when they started the keto diet; talk to others who are on the diet and see how it has helped them. Continually educating yourself is sure to keep you going.
3. Create a Recipe List
There are SO many amazing and delicious keto recipes out there. Just because it’s called a “diet” doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of yummy food! Scroll Pinterest, buy a keto cookbook, and keep a list of all the recipes that you can’t wait to make. This will also help keep you prepared for meals throughout the week. It’s easy to swerve off the diet if you’re not prepared, but having recipes planned out will make it that much easier!
4. Carry Around a Low Carb Snack List
Along with meals, if you want to be successful on the keto diet, you’re going to want to know the low carb snacks you can eat. Create a list of keto snacks and carry it around with you so you know what you can and cannot munch on.
5. Set Short Term Keto Goals
One of the best ways to stay motivated when it comes to weight loss is to set short term goals! These can be daily goals, weekly goals or monthly goals, and can range from how much weight you want to lose in a certain time period to how many new recipes you want to try out. Write your goals down and look them over everyday. This will help you stay on track and keep you motivated on the keto diet!
6. Keep a List of Keto Blogs
Keto blogs don’t only list out keto recipes, they talk about the keto lifestyle as a whole. From exercise motivation to snacks to resourceful information and lots of encouragement, reading keto blogs can keep your enthusiasm up!
Now that you know all about the keto diet and how to stay motivated, here’s a list of delicious keto soup recipes for when you’re craving comfort food!
5 Easy Keto Soup Recipes
1. Thai Coconut Soup | Ketogasm
2. Creamy Cauliflower Soup | Yummy, Healthy, Easy
3. Roasted Brussels Sprout Soup with Bacon | Low Carb Yum
4. Cabbage Soup | Ketogasm
5. Broccoli Cheddar Soup | Hey Keto Mama
5 Keto Crockpot Soup Recipes
1. Beef Crockpot Taco Soup | Ketovale
2. Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup | That Low Carb Life
3. Crockpot Low Carb Taco Soup | Beyer Beware
4. Crockpot Vegetable Soup | Food, Faith, Fitness
5. Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup | Sugar Free Mom
5 Chicken Keto Soup Recipes
1. Chicken Avocado Lime Soup | Delish
2. Greek Lemon Chicken Soup | A Spicy Perspective
3. Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup | All Day I Dream About Food
4. Creamy Garlic Chicken Soup | Ketogasm
5. Chicken Taco Soup | Plain Chicken
5 Beef Keto Soup Recipes
1. Turmeric Beef Bone Broth | Bulletproof Blog
2. Vegetable Beef Soup | Low Carb Yum
3. Keto Beef Ramen | The Diet Doctor
4. Beef Stroganoff Soup | KetoDiet App
5. Weeknight Keto Beef Stew | Perfect Keto
5 Vegetarian Keto Soup Recipes
1. Broccoli and Leek Soup | The Diet Doctor
2. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup | Delish
3. Vegetable Soup with Fennel and Celery Stock | The Diet Doctor
4. Cream of Zucchini Soup | SkinnyTaste
5. Wild Mushroom Soup | The Diet Doctor
3 Greek Yogurt Keto Soup Recipes
5 Dairy Free Keto Soup Recipes
1. Palak Soup | Low Carb Yum
2. Thai Chicken Soup | Paleo Flourish
3. Sopa de Lima | Beauty and the Foodie
4. Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup | Coconut Mama
5. Spicy Shrimp and Chorizo Soup | Cook Eat Paleo
You can totally have comfort food on the keto diet! Whip up these soup recipes when you’re in need of a feel-good meal!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love these keto soup recipes? We’d love if you shared this post on Pinterest!
If you want more keto recipes, make sure to follow our Keto Board on Pinterest!