Mornings always end up feeling rushed. From showering to making breakfast to getting yourself ready for the day, it always seems like there’s not enough time. Many women spend upwards of half an hour on their makeup alone, which makes time fly by that much faster. But what if I told you you can have beauty without makeup? Makeup is helpful when you want to hide imperfections, but it’s good to let your skin go au naturel from time to time. Some people can’t wear makeup due to allergies and sensitivities, while others just don’t have the time. If you find yourself in one of these categories, you’re going to love these 13 beauty hacks (and products) to simplify your mornings!
8 Beauty Hacks to Look Pretty Without Makeup
1. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is key for glowing skin. You should be exfoliating once or twice a week to help your skin look young and smooth. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, revealing healthier, fresher skin, and if you have acne marks, it will work to fade them. Once you remove the dead layer of skin that makes your face feel dull and tired, you’ll have skin that shines, even without makeup!
2. Tighten Your Pores. There are ways to tighten and hide your pores without using makeup. One hack you can use is to splash your face with cool water. Cold water causes your blood vessels to constrict, making your skin look more even. You can also use a pore tightening serum to minimize the look of pores, giving your skin a fresh, smooth look (check out our favourites in the section on no makeup beauty products we swear by!).
3. Moisturize. Immediately after using cold water to tighten your pores, it’s crucial that you moisturize. Otherwise, your skin is likely to become very dry. Moisturizing is key to healthy looking skin. Moisturizers provide hydration, making it easier for your skin to reflect light and give off a natural glow. Dehydrated skin, on the other hand, can look rough, grey and dull, so make sure to moisturize day and night!
4. Tone. Toners work wonders to enhance the look of your skin. They’re designed to help restore the skin’s pH balance, as a disrupted pH balance can lead to inflammation, dryness, and aging skin. Toners give your skin a refreshing lift, helping to repair, restore and renew your skin. They can help minimize the appearance of large pores, protect your skin from environmental stressors throughout the day, and hydrate your skin from day to night!
5. Drink and Sleep Your Way to Glowing Skin. Drinking water and getting a proper night’s sleep is key for good skin that you can rock sans makeup. Follow the 8 by 8 rule: 8 glasses of water a day and 8 hours of sleep at night to let your skin repair, get rid of dark circles, and make you look awake and refreshed!
6. Groom Your Brows. Your brows have the power to frame your entire face, so as long as you groom them the way you like, they can completely enhance your face without makeup. Remove stray hairs to help frame your eyes and give you more defined facial features. You can trim or pluck at home, or go to a salon to get your brows waxed and shaped by a professional. If your brows are really light and fair, you can get your eyebrows tinted to make them stand out!
7. Elongate Your Lashes. When you’re not wearing makeup, it’s usually best to draw attention to your eyes. Long, lush lashes are a great way to do this, and you can do so without mascara. If you already have full lashes, a quick flick of an eyelash curler will do the trick! Or, you can opt for a lash growing serum to nourish and elongate your lashes.
8. Whiten Your Teeth. Whitening your teeth can brighten up your entire face, and is one of the best beauty hacks around! You don’t necessarily want them to look bleached white, you want them to be harmonious with your face.
10 No Makeup Beauty Products We Swear By
1. Burt’s Bees Daily Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
2. Geneva Naturals Vitamin C Anti Aging Serum
3. Etude House Wonder Pore
4. Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash for Acne
5. Teddie Organics Alcohol Free Rose Water Toner
6. Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Moisturizer
7. Smile 360 Deluxe Teeth Whitening Strips
8. Era Organics Microdermabrasion Face Scrub and Facial Mask
9. St. Yves Blackhead Clearing Face Scrub with Green Tea
10. Organys Lash and Brow Booster Serum
5 Ways to Look Good Without Makeup When You’re in a Rush
1. Pinch Your Cheeks. If you want that flushed look, but don’t have time to apply blush, you can try this hack while you’re on-the-go. Pinch your cheeks gently (you don’t want to leave red marks or welts) to get that natural rosy flushed look.
2. Bite Your Bottom Lip. Again, you’ll want to do this gently – no need to draw any blood! Biting your bottom lip with your front teeth brings blood and color to the area making them look full and lush.
3. Braid Your Hair. A pretty hairdo can transform your whole look, even when you’re not wearing makeup. Braids are typically easiest and make the biggest impression.
4. Accessorize. Accessories can also make a big impact on your appearance, helping you look great when you’re in a rush. Throw on a pair of earrings, a hat or headband, a necklace, or glasses. Outside, sunglasses can help elevate your look, while inside, a pair of stylish eyeglasses can make you look just as put together.
5. Dress Up. If you’re not wearing makeup, make a point to dress yourself up. If you wear unflattering clothes and your hair is a mess, you’re more likely to look tired and dull. But dressing up can change your whole demeanor and help you look fab! Getting dressed doesn’t take as much time as putting on makeup, so throw something flattering on! If it helps, pick out your outfit for the day the night before.
You don’t need to wear makeup to look great! Use these hacks and products to simplify your mornings and look amazing sans makeup!
If you loved this post on beauty without makeup, make sure to pin the image below!
And if you want more beauty hacks, please follow our Beauty Board on Pinterest!