If you’ve been anywhere on social media in the last few years, you’ve heard of the Dyson Airwrap. Loved for its ability to dry and style hair without extreme heat, it’s one of the quickest and effortless ways to do your hair. Although it comes with a high price tag, it’s proved its power time and time again. If you’re thinking about taking the plunge and purchasing the Airwrap or have just bought it and don’t know where to begin, we’ve got you! Here are 9 Dyson Airwrap tutorials for all hair lengths!
What Is The Dyson Airwrap?
The Dyson Airwrap is a hair styling tool that allows you to blow dry and style your hair without extreme heat. It directs air into the hair to give body and the bristles create tension to shape hair as it dries. According to the Dyson website, the Airwrap harnesses an aerodynamic phenomenon called the Coanda effect that curves air to attract and wrap hair to the barrel. It comes equipped with different styling attachments for different hair styles, from soft curls to casual waves to smooth and straight styles. It dries and styles simultaneously with air rather than extreme heat, saving you time and protecting your hair against heat damage.
10 Dyson Airwrap Tips for Beginners
1. If you don’t plan on curling your hair with the barrels, use any of the brushes or blow-dryer attachments to dry your hair completely
2. If you’re planning on curling your hair, it works best if your hair is damp, so dry it to about 75% to 85%
3. Section and clip your hair up so it’s out of the way and you’re only working on one section at a time
4. Choose the barrel size for how big you want your waves/curls. Keep in mind, in order to switch the direction of your curls, you have to switch out the barrel or hold it upside down (there are helpful arrows on the barrels to direct you).
5. You can either manually wrap your hair or let the air wrap your hair itself. To do this, you hold your section of hair in the middle and place the barrel right next to your ends until they catch and wrap. All you have to do is move it towards your head.
6. Hold it for 15 seconds or until the hair is completely dry. Then set the curl with the cold shot for 10-15 seconds.
7. For a blow out, start with the directional brush attachment and brush your hair in all directions to create maximal volume. Then use the round brush to bend the ends to get the blown out salon look.
8. If you want beach waves, use the smallest barrels. Grab a section of hair and start manually wrapping from the root area, wrapping once around and letting it sit for a couple seconds then wrapping again and waiting. Do this until you’ve wrapped the entire section of hair. Put a cool shot on as you wrap the ends.
9. For natural lift, use the brush attachment to lift the front of your hair at the roots.
10. Add a styling product like hairspray to maximize holdability.
3 Dyson Airwrap Tutorials for Short Hair
1. Dyson Airwrap Tutorial for Short Hair | Voluminous Waves | Alexandra Rodriguez
If you have short hair and are wanting to get voluminous, beautiful waves, this tutorial is for you! She recommends using a bit of hair oil and heat protectant on your hair even though the Airwrap isn’t as damaging as other heat tools. She shows you which attachments to use for different parts of the hairstyle and demonstrates exactly how to get the gorgeous look.
2. Dyson Airwrap Update Tutorial and My Tips | India Moon
Check out this tutorial if you’re going for bouncy, blow dried curls with volumized curtain bangs. She uses products like a split end serum, a heat protectant spray and a good hairspray. She teaches you about the proper prep for this hairstyle and how to make it last as long as possible!
3. Dyson Airwrap Tutorial Review for Short Hair | Olia Majd
If you have a bob and are looking for a soft and straight yet bouncy hairstyle, check out this Dyson Airwrap tutorial. She pre dries her hair to about 80% with one of the brush attachments and starts out by curling her hair, but uses a wide tooth comb to brush through it and get rid of the curls, but maintain the volume.
3 Dyson Airwrap Tutorials for Medium Hair
1. How to Use the Dyson Airwrap | Tips for Styling | Elanna Pecherle
Click play on this video to learn awesome tips and tricks for styling your hair with the Dyson Airwrap. She’s nailed the bouncy curl look and has figured out how to make them last as long as possible, so you’ll definitely want to hear what she has to say. She uses a frizz serum, as well as the Opalex No 6 Bond Smoother and hairspray as some of her go-to products to use with the Airwrap.
2. The Dyson Airwrap…I Have Thoughts! | Kayley Melissa
If you’re looking to master gorgeous, tousled curls, check out how she uses the Airwrap in this tutorial. She takes you through step-by-step on how she achieves this look and uses products like The INKEY List Hyaluronic Hair Treatment to reduce frizz and boost shine, Gisou Hair Oil to add shine and creaseless hair clips to help style her bangs.
3. Beach Waves for Fine Hair ft. Dyson Air Wrap | Hair Tutorial for Voluminous Waves | Ashley Aye
This tutorial is excellent for anyone with fine, medium length hair. She shows you how to get beachy, lived-in waves step by step as she talks you through it so you can see how she does each step. She uses products like the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primer, Ouai Wave Spray and Moroccanoil Medium Hold Luminous Hair Spray.
3 Dyson Airwrap Tutorials for Long Hair
1. How to: Dyson Airwrap on Naturally Thick and Curly Hair | Tips & Tricks for a Blowout at Home | Kian J Meghani
If you don’t think you can use the Dyson Airwrap on thick and curly hair, think again. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to transform thick, curly and frizzy hair into a beautiful blow out from the comfort of your home. She uses products like the Ouai Leave-In Conditioner, the Keratherapy Smoothing Cream and a wet brush to achieve this look.
2. How I Hacked the Dyson Airwrap *Actually Hold a Curl* | Mollie Campsie
If you’re finding it tough getting to grips with the Dyson Airwap, watch this tutorial to learn how to hack it so it actually holds your curls. Her hair is absolutely stunning so pay close attention to her tips! You’ll also need products like styling clips, mousse and a tangle teaser.
3. Dyson Airwrap Tutorial | 3 Easy Hairstyles (Bouncy Curls, Waves, C-Curl Blowout) | Hannah JY Moon
In this tutorial, she shares 3 different hairstyles and techniques you can use with the Dyson Airwrap, as well as the nozzles she uses for each style. She gives you some insider tips and hacks and breaks everything down in a super efficient and useful way. She seals everything in with the Briogeo Farewell Frizz Serum to ensure her curls last as long as possible.
The Dyson Airwrap is one of the most talked about beauty products on social media. If you’ve recently invested in this hair tool, we hope you enjoyed these tips and videos to style your hair to perfection!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this round up of Dyson Airwrap tutorials? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more hair tips and tutorials? Make sure to follow our Hair Board on Pinterest!