There are so many things I hate about winter.
Snow, ice, and windchill warnings.
Mitts, scarves, boots, and winter coats.
Those tiny, painful cracks that infest my hands from using too much hand sanitizer.
Winter weight gain.
I despise all of it.
But I especially hate the fact that we can’t leave the house without someone coughing and sneezing all over us, and after hearing this year’s flu shot may not be as effective as everyone had hoped, I’m trying to mentally prepare myself.
The only problem is, I’m a mom and wife to 2 human beings who REFUSE to take any kind of medication, so I’ve been on the hunt for some natural cold & flu remedies to get us through winter, and thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest, I am armed and ready!
NOTE: I am NOT a doctor, and none of the remedies I’ve linked to below were written by doctors, so please use these suggestions at your own risk. Please also remember that certain ingredients are harmful to children, so before trying any of these remedies on your kids, consult with your pediatrician.
1. Cold and Flu “Master Tonic” by Real Food RN
2. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Wholesome Mommy
3. Natural Honey Citrus Syrups for Coughs & Sore Throats by The Yummy Life
4. How to Avoid a Stomach Virus After Being Exposed by The Humbled Homemaker
5. Healthy Gummies for Cold, Flu and Sleep by Real Food RN
6. Homemade Electrolyte Popsicles by Don’t Mess With Mama
7. Nature’s Flu Shot – A Natural Way To Prevent The Flu by Health Extremist
8. DIY shower vapor disks by New Leaf Wellnexx
9. Homemade Citrus Electrolyte Drink by Don’t Mess With Mama
Looking for more awesome home remedies? Then check out my Chance of Home Remedies board on Pinterest!