Does breakfast sometimes feel like an impossible feat? Morning is often the busiest time of the day, with missed alarms, getting ready blunders, or trying to get a quick workout in. The last thing you want to worry about is making breakfast, but it happens to be the most important meal of the day. Breakfast burrito recipes are quick, easy and the perfect breakfast to meal prep! This way you can make them on the weekend to heat up during the week, especially on your busiest mornings. They’re easy to make, delicious and healthy too! Check out our favourite breakfast burrito recipes!
How to Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos: 6 Tips
1. Cook Your Ingredients Ahead of Time
It’s crucial that you cook your ingredients ahead of time so you can assemble your breakfast burrito all at once. If you let your tortilla sit there with eggs on it while you’re waiting for other things to cook, it will end up getting soggy. Pre-cooking your ingredients will save you time and ensure you’re burrito is in the perfect state when you eat it!
2. Use Large Flour Tortillas
If you’re going to be freezing your burritos, it’s best to use flour tortillas. Corn tortillas will completely fall apart, and since they’re smaller, they likely won’t be able to hold in all your ingredients. If you’re adamant on using corn tortillas, you’ll have to make your breakfast burritos fresh the morning of!
3. Use Room Temperature Ingredients
If you’re meal prepping breakfast burritos to store in the freezer, use room temperature ingredients to avoid any sogginess. If the ingredients are hot, they won’t keep the way you want them to and you’ll end up with breakfast burritos that aren’t totally appetizing. Another way to prevent your burritos from getting soggy is to roll them tightly to keep out any moisture.
4. Personalize the Filling
The great thing about breakfast burritos is that you can fill them with whatever your heart desires. The basic ingredients are eggs, cheese, beans and some sort of meat protein, however you can skip the meat to make them vegetarian, or throw in any ingredients you want, from hash browns to jalapeños, hummus or guacamole. You can also add hot sauce or salsa for added flavour!
5. Freeze Them After Assembling
If you’re prepping breakfast burritos to freeze for later, make sure to freeze them after you assemble them, not after they go in the oven. Place them in the oven the morning you want to make them – this will keep the ingredients fresher and less soggy. They will last for a month in the freezer, wrapped in aluminum foil in individual servings. Date and stack them in a ziplock bag so you know when you need to eat them by!
6. Avoid Freezer Burn
Prevent freezer burn by using a heavy duty foil that can withstand a deep freeze. And be sure not to skip the bagging step! Not only will this keep things organized in your freezer, it also adds another layer of freezer burn protection.
15 Breakfast Burrito Recipes You Can Freeze
1. Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Frozen Tater Tots | Damn Delicious
2. Simple Freezer Breakfast Burritos | Budget Bytes
3. Frozen Breakfast Burritos with Red Potatoes and Sugar-Free Bacon | A Sweet Pea Chef
4. Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Cheese | Skinny Taste
5. Frozen Breakfast Burritos with Bacon and Sausage | Tasty
6. Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Sausage, Eggs and Salsa Verde | Simply Recipes
7. Customizable Freezer Breakfast Burritos | Gimme Some Oven
8. Easy Freezer Friendly Breakfast Burritos | Mom on Time Out
9. Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Hash Browns and Italian Sausage | Creme de la Crumb
10. Healthy Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Sweet Potato Hash and Black Beans | Cookie + Kate
11. 4-Ingredient Freezer Breakfast Burritos | Simply Sissom
12. Freezer Breakfast Burritos with Eggs, Sausage and Potatoes | Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet
13. Veggie Packed Freezer Breakfast Burritos | Ambitious Kitchen
14. Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos | Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
15. Turkey Sausage Freezer Breakfast Burritos | This Delicious House
15 Healthy Breakfast Burrito Recipes
1. Breakfast Burrito with Spinach and Avocado | Kim’s Cravings
2. Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Avocado Breakfast Burrito | Ambitious Kitchen
3. Kale, Mushroom and Feta Breakfast Burrito | Sweet Peas and Saffron
4. Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito | Minimalist Baker
5. Protein-Packed Breakfast Burritos | Fit Foodie Finds
6. Sausage and Tomato Breakfast Burrito | Foodie Crush
7. Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos with Roasted Tomato Salsa | Naturally Ella
8. Zucchini and Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos | Kim’s Cravings
9. Chorizo and Egg White Burrito | Skinny Taste
10. High-Protein Vegan Breakfast Burritos | Oh She Glows
11. Black Bean, Sweet Corn and Tomato Quinoa Breakfast Burritos | Iowa Girl Eats
12. Paleo Breakfast Burrito | Primal Palate
13. Black Bean and Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burritos | Cooking Light
14. Homemade Breakfast Burritos with Creamy Avocado and Pork Sausage | The Modern Proper
15. Fibre-Filled Breakfast Burrito | Eat This
15 Low Carb Breakfast Burrito Recipes
1. Healthy Low Carb Breakfast Burritos | Kasey Trenum
2. Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Avocado | Living Chirpy
3. Keto Breakfast Burrito | Oh So Foodie
4. Breakfast Burritos with Avocado and Cheddar Cheese | Keto Diet App
5. Keto Breakfast Burrito with Bacon and Sausage | Recipe Champions
6. Low Carb Inside Out Breakfast Burrito | The Skinny Fork
7. Breakfast Burrito with Ham, Pepper and Cheese | Mama Bear’s Cookbook
8. Low Carb Bacon and Broccoli Egg Burrito | Eating Well
9. Low Carb Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito | Amee’s Savory Dish
10. Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Homemade Egg Wraps | Food, Fitness, Life, Love
11. Ham and Cheddar Breakfast Burrito | Tasty
12. Low Carb Loaded Potato Breakfast Burrito | Parsnips and Pastries
13. Low Carb Breakfast Burrito with Sausage and Peppers | Glue Sticks and Gum Drops
14. Healthy Breakfast Burrito in a Collard Green | Jones Dairy Farm
15. High Protein Low Carb Breakfast Burritos | Top with Cinnamon
15 Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito Recipes
1. Black Bean and Corn Breakfast Burrito | Caroline’s Cooking
2. Breakfast Burritos with Eggs and Fresh Veggies | Love & Lemons
3. Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos with Hash Browns | Cookie and Kate
4. Veggie Loaded Breakfast Burrito | Hey Nutrition Lady
5. Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos with Scrambled Eggs | The Spruce Eats
6. Breakfast Burritos with Creamy Cashew Garlic Dip | Elavegan
7. Smoky Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito | Salt and Wind
8. Tofu Breakfast Burrito | Emilie Eats
9. Pesto Roasted Veggie Breakfast Burritos | Plays Well with Butter
10. Breakfast Burrito with Tofu Scramble and Avocado | Yummy Mummy Kitchen
11. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Breakfast Burritos | From My Bowl
12. Breakfast Burritos with Vegetable Salsa | Chow Hound
13. Breakfast Burrito with Tofu and Sweet Potato | Choosing Chia
14. Mushroom Breakfast Burritos | Nutrition a la Natalie
15. Breakfast Burrito with Spinach and Potato | Food Network
Breakfast burritos are the the perfect nutritious breakfast to take on the go! Prep them ahead of time of make them quickly in the morning to fuel you for the day ahead!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this post on breakfast burrito recipes? We’d love it if you shared it on Pinterest!
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes, make sure to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!