The blow dryer brush is making waves and taking the everyday beauty realm, not to mention social media, by storm. An all-in-one styling tool that gives you a salon-worthy blow out, the blow dryer brush adds volume, shine and luminosity, no matter your hair length. If you’re new to this magical tool, we’ve rounded up 6 blow dryer blush tutorials for beginners and beyond!
What is a Blow Dryer Brush?
A blow dryer brush is a hot styling tool that dries and styles your hair at the same time, while eliminating the need to juggle a round brush and blow dryer in both hands. It dries, styles and adds volume and shine all in one step, with decreased frizz and damage. It’s the easiest way to get a blowout without going to the salon.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Blow Dryer Brush?
1. User-friendly and easy to learn
2. Decreases the time it takes to dry your hair
3. Cuts down heat damage
4. You only have to hold one tool (instead of a round brush and hot styling tool)
5. Noticeably adds volume and shine to your hair
6. Take away shoulder fatigue and allow for more mobility and ease
7. Prolongs the look of a flatiron style
5 Best Blow Dryer Brushes to Invest In
1. Revlon One-Step Volumizer
2. Drybar Double Shot Blow Dryer Brush
3. OMO Team Professional Blowout Hair Dryer Brush
4. Flirt Hair Tease Blowout Brush
5. Hot Tools 24K Gold One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
6 Blow Dryer Brush Tips for Beginners
1. Towel dry and/or air dry your hair 75-80% of the way before using your blow dryer brush
2. Apply a heat protectant and styling product (the curlier your hair, the more product you should use for better results)
3. Section your hair to make it easier to control
4. Glide the brush through sections of your hair slowly from roots to tip
5. For extra volume, pull the brush up vertically at the roots and hold for a few seconds before pulling it through the rest of your hair
6. If you have fine, fragile or damage-prone hair, make sure to use a lower heat setting
2 Blow Dryer Brush Tutorials for Short Hair
1. Easy Salon Blowout at Home | Sam Vay
If you have short hair that’s naturally frizzy, you’re going to want to check out this tutorial on how to give yourself a salon-style blowout with a blow dryer brush. She gives you her best tips on how to style your hair and uses products including a heat protectant spray and hair oil to smooth down the ends.
2. Blow Dryer Brush | Quick and Easy Tips to Get Frizz-Free Voluminous Hair | Glam Girl Gabbi
This blowout brush dyer tutorial shows you how to use a blow dryer brush on curly, short hair to achieve glossy, smooth results. She offers excellent tips for using a blow dryer brush, from having the appropriate moisture level in your hair to using the right amount of tension to the heat setting to use for your hair type. She also recommends products to use such as the Tame Frizz Smoothing Lotion to allow the hot tool to work better as well as the KMS Add Volume Volumizing Spray for your roots.
2 Blow Dryer Brush Tutorials for Medium Hair
1. One Step Hair Dryer Tutorial for Beachy Waves | Victoria Leigh
If you love the look of beachy waves, you’ll be pleased to hear that a blow dryer brush can help you achieve the look. Watch as she transforms her air dried, frizzy hair into beautiful, smooth waves. She recommends products like the Kerastase Length Caring Gel Cream for heat protection and the Kerastase Serum for brittle, damaged hair.
2. Hair Tutorial | How to Use Revlon 2 in 1 Blow Dryer Volumizer | Lisa J
For a smooth, sleek look, this hair tutorial offers amazing tips to help you style your hair with a blow dryer brush. It’s a super simple step-by-step tutorial where she also lets you know some of her favourite products to complement this ‘do. She uses a wide tooth comb, the Bumble and Bumble Repair Blow Dry Styling Cream, as well as a wave spray.
2 Blow Dryer Brush Tutorials for Long Hair
1. One-Step Hair Dryer (How to: Salon Style Blowout) | Adina Sha
This tutorial is perfect if you have long locks. She shows you exactly how she uses the blow dryer brush to style her hair with gorgeous salon-worthy results. She towel/air dries her hair and then uses the Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray to prep it for styling. She also uses the Aveda Damage Remedy for more heat protection and a hair oil to make her hair nice and shiny.
2. Salon Blow Out At Home | Revlon One Step Hair Dryer | GLAMBYMEL
In this tutorial, she breaks down her hair routine and shows you the step-by-step on how to get a salon blowout at home. She starts by sharing some of her favourite products to prep her hair like the It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In Product as well as the Suave Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner. She also uses a Wet Brush.
Investing in a blow dryer brush is one of the easiest ways to get a salon-style blowout at home. Try out these tutorials and watch how your hair transforms!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this round up of blow dryer brush tutorials? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more hair tutorials? Make sure to follow our Hair Board on Pinterest!