If you’ve been searching for gift ideas that are sure to please, you’re in the right place. From games and craft kits to electronics, sports, and more, there are plenty of things to choose from, whether you’re looking for a classic toy or you prefer the latest and greatest.
Ready to start shopping? We’re giving you a list of our favorite 56 stocking stuffers and Christmas gifts for boys 6-8.
5 Things to Consider When Buying Gifts for Boys 6-8
- Always read the label – First and foremost, you always need to take some time to read the packaging of any toy you’re thinking of buying. Why is this important? Every label comes with warnings noting any potential safety hazards, if the toy is flame resistant, as well as what age or age range the toy is appropriate for. It’s important to stick with toys that are for the age of the child you are buying for. This will ensure that the toy is not only safe, but will be appropriate for where they are developmentally.
- Consider their interests – Boys at this stage definitely know what they like and what they don’t like, so when you’re buying a gift, take into consideration what their interests are. For example, if they love music, think about a new musical instrument or game. And if sports are their thing, give them a toy that keeps them playing.
- Encourage sharing – Think about buying a gift that they can share with friends and family. Go for gifts like games, puzzles, craft kits, and sports gear. It will not only make the experience more enjoyable, but you’ll also help to foster teamwork and healthy competition.
- Think about the lifespan – When possible, choose a gift that will last for years and grow with them. These types of toys can be handed down from child to child and usually end up being some of their all-time favorites.
- Toys help kids learn – One of the greatest benefits of toys is that they help kids learn. You want to choose things that encourage creativity as well as free play, along with toys that let them master important skills like reading, math, and science.
27 Best Stocking Stuffers for Boys 6-8
- Kwik Stix Paint Pens
- LEGO Tape
- Paper Airplanes Craft Kit
- Dinosaur Chopsticks
- Kids Book Light
- Joke Book
- Melissa & Doug On the Go Games
- Dinosaur Flashlight and Projector
- Mad Libs Junior
- NERF N-Strike Elite
- Temporary Tattoos
- Mini Etch a Sketch
- Invisible Ink Pens
- Guess in 10 Card Game
- Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty
- PlayTape Road Tape
- Sun Art Paper
- Math Dice Jr.
- Travel Spirograph
- Spot It Card Game
- Sketch Book for Boys
- Sno Markers
- Jenga Mini
- Hape Blues Harmonica
- Mr. Sketch Scented Markers
- Secret Decoder Book
- Don’t Laugh Challenge
29 Best Christmas Gifts for Boys 6-8
- Kinetic Sand Dino Dig Playset – This magic sand is squishable and so very satisfying. Kids can use a pickaxe and shovel to dig through the sand and discover dinosaur bones.
- Magnatab Free Draw – Kids use a magnetic pen to pull up beads and create unique designs. This sensory-based toy will keep them fascinated for hours.
- Let’s Go! Binoculars – Designed just for kids, these sturdy binoculars are more than just a toy. They offer amazing magnification for hiking, bird watching, sports, theaters, travel, and for exploring your own backyard.
- Perler Star Wars Beads Kit – Bring the magic of Star Wars to life with this Perler bead kit. Kids can create their favorite characters with thousands of colorful beads.
- NERF Thor Battle Hammer – Fans of the Marvel comics superhero, Thor, will love this play battle hammer. Made from kid-safe foam, they will have fun pretending they’re in their own epic battle.
- Elmer’s Color Changing Slime Kit – Slime has not gone out of style. This colorful kit from the makers of Elmer’s glue has everything they’ll need to create loads of color-changing slime.
- Little Monsters Beginners Sewing Kit – Introduce them to sewing while encouraging creativity and imagination. It includes more than 100 different sewing supplies including felt shapes, embroidery floss, and stuffing.
- Fungenix Magic Dart Board – Grab the magnetic darts and take aim at the felt board to try and score as many points as you can. It’s a great game to play independently or with a group of friends.
- National Geographic Break Open Geodes – Kids will have a blast smashing open geodes to reveal the sparkly, colorful crystals inside. A booklet helps them to identify all of the different colors and types.
- Echo Dot Kids Addition – This ever-popular speaker featuring Alexa holds a world of kid-friendly content. Kids can call on Alexa for help with homework, to read stories, play music, and even call their friends.
- Speak and Spell – This classic toy from the 80’s is just as fun now as it was back then. With the help of a speech synthesizer, kids can learn up to 200 commonly misspelled words.
- 3D Pen Set – This is definitely not your normal pen. Kids are able to make their own 3D art using a special pen that puts out a child-safe building material made from plastic to create different shapes and sculptures.
- KidiZoom PrintCam – Kids love using cameras – even more so when they can print the photos out themselves. This camera makes it so easy to take photos and selfies of their favorite people, places, and things, and instantly print them out in black and white.
- Dino Island Mega Egg – Dino Island treasures are hidden inside the giant skull – but you must smash it open to find them. Inside are mini eggs with prehistoric beasts, a pirate, slime, and a treasure map.
- Estes Tandem-X Launch Set – There is nothing quite as thrilling as launching your very own rocket. Space lovers will have a blast building the rocket then watching it streak towards the sky and back down to Earth.
- Ooze Labs Chemistry Station – This Parent’s Choice Award winner includes everything they’ll need to conduct their own science experiments. Choose from oozing bubbles, glowing slime, fizzing reactions, and more.
- Remote Control Snake – They’ll have tons of fun operating this remote control Emerald Tree Boa. It moves just like a real snake as it slithers across the floor, and even has light up eyes.
- Franklin Portable Soccer Goal – They can take this portable soccer goal anywhere, to enjoy a quick game or to practice their skills. Sturdy and lightweight, it will last for years to come.
- Walkie Talkie Set – This set of walkie talkies are perfect for pretend play or outdoor adventures.
- Book of Paper Airplanes Craft Kit – Kids can create their own high-performance flying paper airplanes. The book features designs for 10 different paper airplanes that are guaranteed to keep them busy.
- Toysmith Voice Changer – With eight different voice effects, this voice changer is sure to bring plenty of laughter. They can experiment with the science of sound and create hundreds of different combinations.
- Rock Painting Kit – This quality craft kit will help them unleash their spark and creativity. Kids can decorate 10 different rocks with paints, glitter glue, googly eyes, gems, and transfer stickers.
- LEGO Chain Reactions – LEGO lovers will have fun designing and building amazing moving machines. Kids can use their own LEGO bricks and combine them with a variety of different parts to create amazing chain reactions.
- Hand Operated Drone – This mini hover drone can fly all on its own. Kids can simply toss it in the air, direct its path and make it rise with their hand, then gently catch it to stop.
- Creative Forts Building Kit – This set contains 130 pieces that includes balls and rods that connect to build an endless number of different play structures. They can then cover their fort with blankets for hours of make-believe fun.
- Kanoodle Gravity – This three dimensional Tetris game features an assortment of shapes that kids must fit inside of a grid. It comes with a booklet which contains a series of 40 puzzles that increase in difficulty, making it a fun challenge.
- Taco vs Burrito – An award-winning card game created by a seven year old, they can play with friends or family. Get them off their screens and devices and let them have fun learning to master this unpredictable game.
- Dinosaur Toy Lantern – Kids are able to create their very own dinosaur lantern night light. Easy to assemble, young dinosaur lovers can decorate it with stickers, beads, glitter dust, and even a dinosaur tooth.
- Crystal Science Kit – They’ll feel like a real chemist watching seven different crystals grow using different-colored seeds. When they’re done, the crystals can be displayed in their own display cases.
We hope we’ve encouraged you to spark some joy this holiday season with our list of Christmas gifts for boys 6-8.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved our list of Christmas gifts for boys 6-8, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more holiday gift ideas, please follow our Christmas board!