Taco Tuesday is a household favourite. Tacos are awesome because they’re easy to make, healthy and always delicious. There’s more to tacos than ground beef, seasonings from a packet, and salsa and sour cream on top. There are so many unique taco recipes that are good for you too! They’re filled with protein, wrapped in carbs and topped with your favourite veggies for a quick and easy dinner that’s sure to satisfy everyone in your household. If you love tacos and have been searching for some awesome taco Tuesday recipes to serve up each week, we’ve got you covered!
How to Make the Perfect Taco: 5 Tips
1. The Perfect Tortilla
When I grew up, I always had a choice between “hard tacos” and “soft tacos”, but I recently found out the there isn’t really such thing as a “hard taco” – that’s a tostada. Tacos are always made in a soft tortilla. The most common soft tortillas are flour and corn, and personally, flour tortillas don’t compare with corn ones when it comes to making tacos! The flavour of corn mixes so well with all taco fillings and toppings, and makes it taste authentically Mexican IMHO. You can make your own corn tortillas or buy them from a shop or market.
2. Add Protein
Tacos are one of the most-loved foods because they’re so delicious, but you want to make sure they’re healthy and will keep your family satisfied! Always make sure to add a source of protein to your tacos. This could be beef, chicken, shrimp, fish, pork, tofu, lentils, or any protein source your household loves. Protein ensures you stay full after dinner and don’t need to eat late night (often unhealthy) snacks.
3. Get Creative with Fillings and Toppings
As mentioned above, tacos can be so much more than ground beef with taco seasoning, salsa, sour cream and tomatoes. The world is your oyster when it comes to the fillings and toppings you put in your tacos! Get creative with things like salmon, shredded chicken and cauliflower. Switching your fillings up will ensure your family loves having taco Tuesday every single week!
RELATED: The Ultimate Taco Cookbook
When it comes to the toppings for your tacos, think about things like texture and colour. Salsa, sour cream and guacamole will always be favourites, but get creative with toppings like radishes, pickled onions and lime crema. If you and your family are huge fans of salsa, try putting a spin on classic salsa by adding pineapple or mangoes!
4. Pump Up The Flavour
Flavour is so important to any food, and that definitely goes for tacos too! The last thing you want is a bland taco, so make sure you pump up the flavour with things like pickled veggies, lime juice, a spicy salsa or a nice hot sauce. Flavour is key for a good taco!
5. Don’t Overstuff
When you have a bunch of fun fillings and toppings, it’s easy to want to go all out and over-stuff your tacos, but try your best not to. It may take a few times to get it just right, but a good rule of thumb is to look for a clear inch of tortilla around the edge when the taco is filled and laying flat. This should give you enough space to wrap all the fixings and eat the taco without it falling apart!
55 Family-Friendly Taco Tuesday Recipes
1. Chicken and Avocado Tacos | Net Feed Daily
2. Baked Beef Tacos | Recipetineats
3. The Best Chicken Tinga Tacos | Pinch of Yum
4. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce | Gimme Delicious
5. Easy Pork Carnitas | Isabel Eats
6. Buffalo Chicken Tacos | Carl’s Bad Cravings
7. Slow Cooker Tacos Al Pastor | Gimme Some Oven
8. Asian Chicken Tacos with Mango Slaw | Chelsea’s Messy Apron
9. Baja Fish Tacos | House of Nash Eats
10. Spicy Mango, Black Bean and Avocado Tacos | Love & Lemons
11. Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa | Carl’s Bad Cravings
12. Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa | Yummy Healthy Easy
13. Easy Fish Tacos with Lime Crema | Ahead of Thyme
14. Grilled Steak Street Tacos | Favorite Family Recipes
15. Huli Huli Chicken Tacos | A Simple Pantry
16. Blackened Shrimp Tacos | Evolving Table
17. Sweet and Spicy Tacos with Lime Sour Cream | Mamagourmand
18. Cauliflower Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce | A Couple Cooks
19. Blackened Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos | Life She Lives
20. Spicy Garlic Chipotle Jackfruit Tacos | Vegan Richa
21. Chicken Ranch Tacos | Dinner at the Zoo
22. Cheeseburger Backed Tacos | The Recipe Rebel
23. Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos with Pineapple Slaw | The Crumby Kitchen
24. Healthy Chicken Soft Tacos | Slender Kitchen
25. Mushroom Barbacoa Tacos | Vegan Richa
26. Oven Baked Chicken Tacos | The Cookie Rookie
27. Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork Tacos | Evolving Table
28. Vegetarian Lentil Tacos | Cooking Classy
29. Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos | Domestic Superhero
30. Shredded Chicken Street Tacos | Nerdy Mama
31. Crack Chicken Tacos | Delish
32. Barbecue Pork Tacos with Honey Mustard Slaw | Stuck on Sweet
33. Mexican Street Corn Chicken Tacos | Food Blogs
34. Carne Asada Tacos | Dinner at the Zoo
35. Spicy Ranch Chicken Tacos | Let’s Dish
36. Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos | Fit Foodie Finds
37. Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos with Apple Slaw | The Recipe Critic
38. Popcorn Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa | Julie’s Eats and Treats
39. Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos | Diethood
40. Honey Lime Steak Tacos with Avocado Crema | Fox and Briar
41. Slow Cooker Caribbean Beef Tacos | Sweet Peas and Saffron
42. Huevos Rancheros Tacos | Diethood
43. Easy Vegetable Soft Tacos | Cookin’ Canuck
44. Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Tacos | Chelsea’s Messy Apron
45. Chicken Fajita Tacos with Cotija Cheese | Inspiration Kitchen
46. Shredded Chicken Tacos with Balsamic Strawberry Salsa | Food Faith Fitness
47. Greek Chicken Tacos with Whipped Feta | The Creative Bite
48. Cobb Salad Tacos | Tried and Tasty
49. Beef Potato Tacos | Home Cooking Memories
50. Asian Fish Tacos | Wine and Glue
51. Mojo Marinated Steak Tacos | The Mommy Spice
52. Baked Cod Fish Tacos with Southwest Sauce | Delightful Mom Food
53. Pulled Butternut Squash Tacos | Vegan Richa
54. Roasted Portobello Tacos | Connoisseurus Veg
55. Crispy Coconut Lime Baked Cauliflower Taco s | Veggie Inspired
Taco Tuesday is a fun weeknight meal that never gets old! Use these tips and recipes to ensure every Taco Tuesday is one of the best!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love this round up of taco Tuesday recipes? We’d love if you shared it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious and healthy, make sure to follow our Food Board on Pinterest where we share all kinds of fabulous recipes we find each day!