Salmon is loved by many. But it’s not hard to admit that basic salmon filets get boring – fast. The perfect alternative to your everyday cooked salmon is salmon bowls. They make a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe that is packed with flavor and filled with nutrient-rich ingredients.
You’ll find salmon bowls all over social media, from TikTok to Instagram, with everyone sharing their own twist on this tasty, filling meal. Salmon alone is a nutritious, protein-packed powerhouse, full of vitamins, minerals, and heart-healthy Omega 3’s. Then you add layers of protein, veggies, whole grains, and delicious toppings and sauces, which will satisfy just about any craving.
If you’ve been searching for a meal that is filling without leaving you feeling weighed down, these 50 salmon bowl recipes can be ready in just minutes.
How to Build a Filling Salmon Bowl
Salmon bowls are popular for a reason. They’re healthy, easy-to-make, and come together in minutes. Here are some tips for building your own filling salmon bowl.
1. Pick your grain – Choose your favorite whole grain to help make your salmon bowl filling and healthy. Couscous, brown or white rice, farro, or quinoa are some tasty options.
2. Load up on vegetables – Add plenty of fiber-rich vegetables like spinach, cabbage, green beans, cucumbers, edamame, avocado, asparagus, and more to make your salmon bowl more filling.
3. Add more protein – While salmon is the star of the show, adding more protein will help you stay fuller, longer. For example, black beans not only have protein, but fiber as well. Avocado is also rich in both protein and flavor.
4. Forget the structure – What makes building a salmon bowl so special is that it doesn’t require any type of structure. Keep it free-form and layer your ingredients any way you’d like, focusing on plenty of fiber and protein.
6 Time-Saving Meal Prep Tips
1. Prep your ingredients – To help you save time on meal prep, chop up your veggies or cook and cool your salmon, before storing everything in an airtight container until you’re ready to cook. Baked salmon will keep well in your fridge for up to five days.
2. Easy salmon options – For those days when you’re short on time, try an alternative to fresh salmon. Canned or smoked salmon are both great options. For canned, season it with salt, pepper, and olive oil. For smoked salmon, simply flake it off into your salmon bowl.
3. Grab your air fryer – Have your heart set on fresh salmon? If you can’t wait for it to cook in your oven, try using your air fryer. It’s quick, easy, and gives your salmon a delicious outer crust.
4. Choose frozen – If your recipe calls for rice or quinoa, there is a quick and easy option. Choose frozen quinoa or rice to cut down on prep time. If you’re looking to reduce your carbs, frozen cauliflower rice is a great choice as well.
5. Use leftovers – Have leftover rice or veggies in your fridge? Cut your prep time in half by using what you already have. This trick works just as well with leftover quinoa or cooked salmon.
6. Add flavor fast – Looking for a quick and easy way to add flavor and tie your entire bowl together? Try using premade, simple dressings like tahini or miso.
50 Quick and Filling Salmon Bowl Recipes
1. Teriyaki Salmon Bowl | The Real Food Dieticians
2. Salmon Bowl | The Modern Proper
3. Simple Salmon Bowl | A Couple Cooks
4. Spicy Salmon Bowl | Whole Kitchen Sink
5. Salmon Rice Bowl | EatingWell
6. Easy Greek Salmon Bowls | Cooking Light
7. Salmon Bowl with Farro, Black Beans and Tahini Dressing | PureWow
8. Salmon Burrito Bowl | My Sugar Free Kitchen
9. Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl | Skinnytaste
10. Crispy Salmon Rice Bowl | The Mediterranean Dish
11. BBQ Salmon Bowl | Healthyish
12. TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl | I am a Food Blog
13. Spicy Salmon Roll Bowls | Healthyish
14. Salmon Buddha Bowl | Momma Fit Lyndsey
15. Pesto Salmon Bowl | Eating Bird Food
16. Greek Salmon Bowl | Midwest Foodie
17. Salmon Rice Bowl for One | One Dish Kitchen
18. 30 Minute Spicy Salmon Bowl | Marley’s Menu
19. Salmon Bowl | Carlsbad Cravings
20. Teriyaki Salmon Bowl | EatWell 101
21. Crispy Salmon & Rice Bowl with Spicy Mayo | The Modern Nonna
22. Salmon Rice Bowl | Cooking Classy
23. Glazed Salmon and Rice Bowl | MyRecipes
24. Easy Spicy Salmon Bowl | Eat Love Namaste
25. Pan-Seared Miso Salmon Rice Bowls | Lena’s Kitchen
26. Vegan Salmon Rice Bowl | PlantYou
27. Salmon Rice Bowl | The Recipe Critic
28. Crispy Spicy Salmon Bowls | Hungry Happens
29. Spicy Chipotle Honey Salmon Bowls | Half-Baked Harvest
30. Teriyaki Salmon Bowls | Eating Bird Food
31. Butter Salmon Rice Bowls | How Sweet Eats
32. Wild Alaska Salmon and Smashed Cucumber Grain Bowls | PureWow
33. Curried Salmon Rice Bowls | What’s Gabby Cooking
34. Sunny’s Easy Salmon Bowl | Food Network
35. Salmon Burrito Bowls | All the Healthy Things
36. Mediterranean Bowl with Salmon | The Real Food Dieticians
37. Korean Rice Bowl | Kimchimari
38. Mango Caribbean Salmon Bowl | Peanut Butter & Fitness
39. Spicy Salmon Bowl | Aubrey’s Kitchen
40. a href=”https://fitfoodiefinds.com/fiesta-salmon-rice-bowl-recipe/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Fiesta Salmon Bowl Recipe | Fit Foodie Finds
41. Teriyaki Salmon Bowl with Cucumber and Avocado | Serious Eats
42. Autumn Salmon Buddha Bowl | Sitka Salmon
43. Air Fried Teriyaki Salmon Bites Rice Bowl | The Fit Peach
44. Crispy Paprika Salmon Bowls with Ginger Vegetables and Rice | The Roasted Root
45. Seattle Asian Salmon Bowls | Skinnytaste
46. Salmon Rice Bowl | Four Score Living
47. Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon Bowl | Fit Mama Real Food
48. BBQ Salmon Bowl | Joy Bauer
49. Baked Chili Lime Salmon Bowls | Eat with Clarity
50. Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe | Valentina’s Corner
Ready to zhush up your salmon and forget about takeout? These 50 tasty salmon bowl recipes make the perfect meal anytime of the week.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you enjoyed this list of quick and filling salmon bowl recipes, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more healthy recipes, please follow our Food board!