With the holiday season comes many temptations, mainly in the form of delicious sweets and festive lattes and cocktails. It’s all fun and well, until you realize you don’t fit into your favorite skirt you were planning to wear on New Year’s Eve. If losing weight is on your mind, take a look at these 50 meals under 300 calories!
If you’ve noticed you’ve been putting on some winter weight, don’t worry, we’ve all been there! It’s hard to say no to amazing food and drink, especially around such an indulgent time of year. Holiday hostesses offer appetizer after appetizer, and the champagne just doesn’t stop flowing. Plus, when it gets dark so early outside, it’s way more tempting to skip the gym in exchange for cuddling up on the couch.
The cold weather also doesn’t help our cravings for fatty comfort foods. Warming up with a big plate of lasagna, creamy casseroles, or mac n’ cheese sounds like the ideal dinner for any winter night. And a glass of red wine is sure to help that blustery chill when you step in the door.
I’m not one to diet and restrict my eating. I love good food, but I’ve come to realize that there are alternative options to using fatty, indulgent ingredients. Making a few changes means that you can still eat meals like three-cheese penne and mushroom lasagna rolls without going overboard.
The most important thing to keep in mind is using healthy ingredients that fill you up. Increase your protein and up your intake of satisfying foods that keep you full for longer. Cut out foods high in sugar that fill you up at first, but then leave you hungry half an hour later. Foods that are high in sugar make us crave other foods high in sugar, leading to a never-ending cycle of false satisfaction.
Eating healthy meals while losing calories is the best of both worlds and with these 50 meals, you’ll be doing just that! And the recipes themselves are delicious, too. Think lemon poppy seed protein pancakes for breakfast, turkey black bean chili for lunch, and veggie and ricotta pizza for dinner.
Didn’t think it was possible to find delicious meals under 300 calories? Read on and see for yourself!
Breakfast Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Egg White Frittata (300 Calories) (Pop Sugar)
2. Chia Yogurt Power Bowl (198 Calories) (Fit Foodie Finds)
3. Spinach and Poached Egg Muffins (220 Calories) (Lavender and Lovage)
4. Stuffed Strawberry and Cheese French Toast (149 Calories) (Peanut Butter and Peppers)
5. Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats (191 Calories) (Amy’s Healthy Baking)
6. Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups (151 Calories) (Hummusapien)
7. Wheat Free Pancakes (162 Calories) (Pop Sugar)
8. Skinny Green Monster Smoothie (253 Calories) (Skinny Taste)
9. Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Pancakes (205 Calories) (Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
10. Baked Ginger and Pear Oatmeal (223 Calories) (Making Thyme for Health)
11. Hard Boiled Egg and Avocado Bowl (295 Calories) (Eating Bird Food)
12. Skinny Banana French Toast Bake (259 Calories) (Skinny Mom)
13. Strawberry Oatmeal Bars (100 Calories) (Well Plated)
14. Blueberry Almond Oatmeal Parfait (296 Calories) (The Wheatless Kitchen)
15. Baked Pears with Walnuts and Honey (111 Calories) (Skinny Taste)
16. Oatmeal Latte (211 Calories) (Inquiring Chef)
17. Sweet Potato Breakfast Burrito (297 Calories) (Get Healthy U)
Lunch Recipes Under 300 Calories
1 Chicken, Broccoli, and Asparagus Stir Fry (239 Calories) (Skinny MS)
2. Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats (218 Calories) (Skinny Taste)
3. Connie’s Zucchini Crab Cakes (196 Calories) (KitchMe)
4. Chicken Fried Rice (290 Calories) (Skinny Mom)
5. Crunchy Hummus Wrap (251 Calories) (Shape)
6. Turkey Black Bean Chili (241 Calories) (The Lemon Bowl)
7. Rainbow Peanut Noodles Vegan Pasta Bake (160 Calories) (Food Faith Fitness)
8. Santa Fe Black Beans (165 Calories) (My Recipes)
9. Shrimp Egg Drop (208 Calories) (Fitness Magazine)
10. Cauliflower Stir Fry (57 Calories) (Skinny MS)
11. Huevos Rancheros Tacos (272 Calories) (Cooking Light)
12. Chorizo, Kale, and Teff Soup (247 Calories) (The Lemon Bowl)
13. Shrimp Tacos with Green Apple Salsa (259 Calories) (My Recipes)
14. Cucumber, Black Bean, Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad (274 Calories) (Pop Sugar)
15. Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles (116 Calories) (Diethood)
16. Black Bean Quinoa Salad with Basil Lemon Dressing (232 Calories) (My Recipes)
17. Healthy Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich (226 Calories) (Skinny Taste)
Dinner Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Skinny Three-Cheese Penne Recipe (284 Calories) (Skinny Mom)
2. Lighter Creamy Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo (286 Calories) (Whole and Heavenly Oven)
3. Tropical Chicken Burger (188 Calories) (The Healthy Foodie)
4. Steamed Scallops with Garlic and Herb (153 Calories) (Cotter Crunch)
5. Sweet and Spicy Satsuma Turkey (277 Calories) (My Recipes)
6. Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza (269 Calories) (Hungry Girl)
7. Healthy Chicken Piccata (264 Calories) (Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
8. Mushroom Lasagna Rolls (280 Calories) (Skinny Mom)
9. Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas (294 Calories) (Skinny MS)
10. Sausage Tortellini Skillet (299 Calories) (Emily Bites)
11. Fab Filling Chickpea Curry (236 Calories) (Woman Magazine)
12. Smoked Sausage Cassoulet Recipe (249 Calories) (My Recipes)
13. Eggplant Pizzas (212 Calories) (Closet Cooking)
14. Turkey Cutlets with Quinoa Pilaf (286 Calories) (Skinny MS)
15. Sausages with Roasted Ratatouille (262 Calories) (Woman Magazine)
16. Veggie and Ricotta Pizza (255 Calories) (Hungry Girl)
These 50 meals under 300 calories are scrumptious as can be! Eat healthy and lose weight with these recipes through the holiday season and beyond!
You may also like…
Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories
Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
Hungry Girl Clean and Hungry: Easy All-Natural Recipes for Healthy Eating in the Real World
The Hungry Girl Diet Cookbook: Healthy Recipes for Mix-n-Match Meals and Snacks
If you liked this collection of meals under 300 calories, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more health-related tips and recipes, please follow our Health board where we share all kinds of great things we find each day!