A smoothie is a delicious way to start off your day. They’re quick and easy, and perfect when you’re on the go. And with the right ingredients, they are both filling and satisfying.
Whether you’re a smoothie novice or you’re a smoothie expert looking for some new recipes, we’ve got you covered with some must-have essentials and 50 easy and tasty smoothie recipes that will fill you up.
8 Tips for Making Smoothie Recipes Filling
These 8 simple tweaks will help you turn your morning smoothie into a lasting meal:
- Bump up the protein – Focusing on the protein is a guaranteed way to make your smoothie more filling. Try adding some protein powder, including whey powder or plant-based protein powder. Seeds like flax, chia, or pumpkin, are a way to bump up the protein, while also being vegan, paleo, and keto friendly.
- Think healthy fats – Try adding healthy fats to your smoothie like natural peanut butter or almond butter, plain or Greek yogurt, avocado, cottage cheese, or even some beans!
- Add some oats – Did you know that you can add raw oats to a smoothie? Rolled oats not only add whole grains and give your smoothie a fabulous thick texture, but they also help you stay fuller, longer because they contain high levels of fiber. Just make sure to give them a quick blend before adding your other ingredients.
- Focus on fruit – Add plenty of fresh or frozen fruit to your smoothie. This could include bananas or berries, to peaches, pineapple, and mango. It’s a great way to add nutrients, and the fiber will help to fill you up.
- Try some dates – Dates not only have a good amount of fiber, but they also help to sweeten your smoothie, naturally. Make sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before you pop them in your blender.
- Grab some greens – Leafy greens like spinach and kale contain filling protein and tons of fiber, making them a great addition to your smoothie, and helping to reduce levels of ghrelin, the hunger hormone.
- Choose coconut water – Instead of fruit juices, add coconut water to your smoothie to help keep you fuller for longer. It’s lower in sugar, super hydrating, and a great source of electrolytes.
- Top it off – If you prefer not to add certain ingredients into your smoothie, here’s a great tip. You can still reap the filling benefits by topping your smoothie with a scoop of peanut butter or yogurt, adding chunks of fruit or chopped nuts, sprinkling on some flax or chia seeds, or adding a scoop of homemade granola or coconut flakes.
6 Smoothie Essentials to Invest In
- A great blender – One of the best kitchen investments you can make is to buy a great blender. This one from Hamilton Beach is powerful and gives you smooth results every time. It’s not only perfect for making smoothies, but you can also create soups, sauces, dips, and more.
- Smoothie cup – This sleek, insulated tumbler lets you take your smoothie with you. It’s leakproof, cup holder friendly, and will keep it cold for hours.
- Smoothie spatula – Get every last drop of your smoothie with this smoothie spatula. It’s durable, easy to use, and can navigate around the blades. Plus, since it’s covered in silicone, it won’t scratch your blender.
- Smoothie straws – You’ll want to grab a pack of these jumbo smoothie straws. With a larger diameter than your average straw, it makes it easier to enjoy a thick smoothie.
- Citrus juicer – Add some fresh-squeezed juice to your smoothie with this citrus juicer. It works well for oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit, and collects all the juice in an easy-to-pour container.
- Smoothie bowls – Smoothies don’t only have to be enjoyed in a cup. Enjoy a smoothie bowl instead with this set of coconut bowls.
50 Smoothie Recipes that Fill You Up
- Healthy Banana Protein Shake | Fit Foodie Finds
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie | Ambitious Kitchen
- Watermelon Chia Smoothie | Epicurious
- Berry Smoothie Bowl | Minimalist Baker
- Cherry Spinach Smoothie | Eating Well
- Oatmeal Smoothie | Well Plated
- Meal Replacement Smoothie | Simple Green Smoothies
- Peach Oat Smoothie | Minimalist Baker
- Sunrise Smoothie | Iowa Girl Eats
- Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie | Allrecipes
- Kale Smoothie | Well Plated
- Protein Berry Smoothie Bowl | Lillie Eats and Tells
- Mango and Coconut Smoothie | Eat Good 4 Life
- Turmeric Mint Protein Smoothie | Kiip Fit
- Roasted Strawberry Protein Smoothie | Skinny Taste
- Cleansing Apple Avocado Smoothie | Well Plated
- Almond Kale and Banana Smoothie | Epicurious
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl | Bakerita
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowl | Blackberry Babe
- Vegan Blackberry Smoothie | Hurry the Food Up
- Ultimate Healthy Breakfast Smoothie | Cooking Light
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowl | DIY Candy
- Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie | Eating Well
- Greek Yogurt Smoothie | Well Plated
- The Best Breakfast Smoothie | Fit Foodie Finds
- Banana Strawberry Mango Smoothie | Always Use Butter
- Pineapple Passion Collagen Smoothie | The Real Food Geek
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie | Sally’s Baking Recipes
- Spinach Avocado Grapefruit Smoothie | Epicurious
- Banana and Almond Breakfast Smoothie | Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Smoothie | Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Apple Smoothie | Well Plated
- Whole 30 Green Smoothie | Fit as a Mama Bear
- Raspberry Peanut Butter Smoothie | The Food Charlatan
- Vegan Green Smoothie | A Virtual Vegan
- Blueberry Banana Protein Smoothie | Hurry the Food Up
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie | Insanely Good
- Minty Raspberry Banana Smoothie | Good Life Eats
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie | Well Plated
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie | Lil Luna
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie | Ambitious Kitchen
- Coconut Pineapple Smoothie | Wholefully
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Smoothie | Epicurious
- Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie | Eating Well
- Healthy Smoothie Bowl | Eating Bird Food
- Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl | Cheerful Choices
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie | The Lemon Bowl
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie | Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Raspberry Chia Seed Smoothie | Frugal Foodie Mama
- Quinoa Smoothie | My Fussy Eater
Now it’s time to whip up one of our 50 easy and tasty smoothie recipes that fill you up!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved this list of smoothie recipes that fill you up, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more healthy recipes, please follow our Food board!