If you’re searching for some inspiration this Christmas, look no further. There’s no need to spend hours shopping the local toy aisles or combing through website after website for just the right gift.
Girls who are 6 to 8 years old are at a truly special stage where they are full of energy, imagination, and creativity. And they’re more social than ever before.
It’s possible to find a gift that is as amazing as they are! This list of 51 Christmas gifts for girls 6-8 is full of fun stocking stuffers and high-quality gift ideas they’re sure to love.
5 Things to Consider When Buying Gifts for Girls 6-8
- Always read the label – First and foremost, you always need to take some time to read the packaging of any toy you’re thinking of buying. Why is this important? Every label comes with warnings noting any potential safety hazards, if the toy is flame resistant, as well as what age or age range the toy is appropriate for. It’s a good idea to stick with toys that are made for the age of the child you are buying for. This will ensure that the toy is not only safe, but will fit where they are developmentally.
- Expand their horizons – Girls from ages 6 to 8 are just starting to form their own ideas of how the world works. Encourage them to explore and come up with new ideas by focusing on toys and gifts that allow them to learn about the world around them and to be creative.
- Consider their interests – You can’t go wrong with buying toys that reflect a girl’s personality and interests. Think about their favorite subjects at school, their extracurricular activities, and what they do for fun.
- Think beyond gender – Think beyond the idea that certain toys are just for boys or girls. More and more stores and websites are now featuring toys based on age, not on gender. You never know – you could be the one to spark their interest in something new!
- Make it personal – Girls at this age are just discovering their own identity. Consider gifts that will allow them to make it their own by personalizing it with their name, initials, or their favorite colors. This could be craft items that focus on jewelry making, fashion design, or sewing.
26 Best Stocking Stuffers for Girls 6-8
- Digital Bookmark
- Walkie Chalk
- Wikki Stix
- Crayola Pip Squeaks
- Cat’s Cradle
- Rory’s Story Cubes
- Green Toys Jump Rope
- Temporary Tattoos
- Kids Headlamp
- Unicorn Chopsticks
- Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty
- Brain Quest Card Game
- Kids Book Light
- Twisty Petz
- Ink-a-Do Tattoo Pens
- Boogie Board
- Mad Libs Junior
- Peaceable Kingdom Diary
- Piggy Paint
- Nail Art Stickers
- Groovy Fruit
- UNO Classic Card Game
- Rainbow Pop Fidget Toys
- Kids Bath Bombs
- Squishable Avocado
24 Best Christmas Gifts for Girls 6-8
- Kinetic Sand Mermaid Palace – This kit contains seven different mermaid-themed molds and tools along with three types of kinetic sand. They can create a magical mermaid kingdom that can be easily stored away when not in use.
- Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad – This light pad is perfect for tracing any picture. By simply placing a drawing or picture on the light pad and putting a piece of paper on top, they can practice their drawing skills for hours on end.
- Girls Only! Secret Message Lab – This kit lets girls write and create secret messages to share with their friends. They’ll learn 10 different codes and STEM lessons and concepts like filters, light waves, enzymes, and molecules.
- Crystal Growing Kit – This kit is the perfect combination of art and science. They’ll love watching the fast-forming crystals grow into colorful little trees within minutes.
- Wireless Unicorn Headphones – At this age, anything that’s a little “extra” is always a hit. These sparkly unicorn headphones come in a cute gift box, and are topped with a unicorn horn of course!
- Friendship Bracelet Kit – Girls of every age love friendship bracelets. They’ll have everything they need to create plenty of beautiful bracelets including a handy bracelet making tool and colorful strings.
- LEGO Friends Olivia Electric Car – Using more than 180 different LEGO pieces, girls can build a seriously cool electric car. They’ll have fun playing with the entire set, including two mini-dolls, a charging station, a puppy, and a wind turbine.
- Make Your Own Puffy Stickers – This puffy sticker maker has enough supplies to make 60 different stickers. Kids can choose from pre-colored stickers or they can color their own, creating one-of-a-kind masterpieces that are ready to print and enjoy!
- Rainbow Loom Mega Set – Kids can make multiple bracelet styles – even on the go. They can personalize their creations with pony beads, alphabet beads, and Loomy Pal charms, promoting cognitive thinking and fine motor skills.
- Light Up Terrarium Kit – They will be fascinated by this miniature garden inside a container. After they build it they can watch it grow during the day, and then at night they can watch it glow.
- Googly Eyes Game – This hilarious game is perfect for playing with friends or the whole family – laughter is guaranteed. Players wear a pair of googly eye glasses that alter their vision while they try to draw a picture for others to guess.
- Echo Dot Kids Addition – This ever-popular speaker featuring Alexa holds a world of kid-friendly content. Kids can call on Alexa for help with homework, to read stories, play music, and even call their friends.
- Fashion Plates – This classic fashion design toy allows girls to create 100’s of different fashion designs. Easy to use, it comes with colored pencils, rubbing crayons, paper, and even a carrying case.
- Hatchimals Pixie Crystal Flyers – Girls will love this flying drone in the shape of a pixie. Tucked inside a crystal egg, she’ll charge until she’s ready to fly around the room, with her wings fluttering and spinning.
- Sew Mini Animals – No sewing skills are required for this fun sewing kit. You can create up to 12 different adorable animal plushies, from stitching to stuffing to decorating.
- LatchKits – Latch kits are fun and easy to learn. Choose from designs like a poodle, unicorn, or a mermaid and create a colorful design using a color-coded canvas, pre-cut yarn pieces, and a latch hook.
- Creative Forts Building Kit – This set contains 130 pieces that includes balls and rods that connect to build an endless number of different play structures. They can then cover their fort with blankets for hours of make-believe fun.
- Melissa & Doug Puffy Sticker Activity Books – The set includes sticker books with reusable background scenes and puffy stickers. They can create their own fairy village, undersea world, or princess fashions.
- Kanoodle Gravity – This three dimensional Tetris game features an assortment of shapes that kids must fit inside of a grid. It comes with a booklet which contains a series of 40 puzzles that increase in difficulty, making it a fun challenge.
- Hide and Seek Rock Painting Kit – This kit comes with 10 rocks and colorful paints as well as transfers that help kids create their own rock designs. When they’re done, they can spread a little joy by hiding the rocks for others to find and share.
- Gummy Candy Lab – There’s something better than eating candy – creating it yourself! The Gummy Candy Lab lets kids make everything from multicolored gummy bears and gummy worms, to delicious gummy unicorns.
- Kid Made Modern Rainbow Craft Kit – Full of glitter, pom-pom balls, pipe cleaners, beads, paper straws, and other colorful craft supplies, this kit is packed with fun inspiration. With more than 300 pieces, it’s a gift that’s sure to wow any craft lover.
- 3D Pen Set – This is definitely not your normal pen. Kids are able to make their own 3D art using a special pen that puts out a child-safe building material made from plastic to create different shapes and sculptures.
- KidiZoom PrintCam – Kids love using cameras – even more so when they can print the photos out themselves. This camera makes it so easy to take photos and selfies of their favorite people, places, and things, and instantly print them out in black and white.
When it comes to Christmas gifts for girls 6-8, it’s easy to find something that will be at the top of their list!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved our list of Christmas gifts for girls 6-8, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more holiday gift ideas, please follow our Christmas board!