Baked chicken is one of the easiest and healthiest weeknight meals to make. A great source of lean protein, chicken provides plenty of nutrients and vitamins needed for a well-rounded diet. Protein is essential for repairing tissues and building muscle mass, while the B vitamins in chicken are essential for energy production and brain health. There are a variety of ways to prepare chicken, and baked chicken is both delicious and great for your waistline. We’ve put together a list of baked chicken recipes under 300 calories so you can reap all the good-for-you benefits while enjoying every bite!
6 Ways to Make Chicken Recipes Healthier
1. Bake Instead of Fry
Deep fried chicken may taste great, but if you want to make sure your chicken recipes are as healthy as possible, baking your chicken is the way to go. Bake it with olive oil, plenty of garlic, lemon, carrots and any other vegetables you like. It will come out of the oven smelling and tasting absolutely amazing.
2. Use Organic, Free Range Chicken
Industrial produced chicken is the cheapest option for chicken and it means that the chickens are raised in huge flocks indoors under crowded conditions and treated with antibiotics to prevent illness and promote rapid growth. Chickens that are raised free-ranged (which means they’re allowed to roam freely outdoors) without antibiotics and are certified organic are the healthiest option. It will cost you more, but the taste and quality of your meals will be much better.
3. Beware of Casseroles
Chicken casseroles are one of the most popular chicken dishes out there, but they’re loaded with calories from ingredients like cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pasta, butter and bacon. This is what makes them so delicious, but it won’t do you any favours for your weight loss goals.
4. Make Your Own Marinades
Chicken recipes (and all recipes for that matter) are always healthier when you make your own marinade. Store-bought marinades have extra sugar and additives such as msg and sodium. The sky’s the limit with homemade chicken marinades. Whether you’re hoping for something fresh like lemon rosemary, or sweet like teriyaki, making your own marinade with help keep the calories down and nutrients up.
5. Use Lots of Veggies
Chicken goes great with vegetables, so if you’re looking to make your chicken recipes healthier, load up on the veggies. From green beans to asparagus, kale, carrots, broccoli and Brussels sprouts, the more veggies you can add, the better! Add them to the roasting pan to bake with your chicken, or add them as sides for your juicy bird.
6. Smart Seasoning
Bold seasonings like freshly grated lemon peel, minced hot peppers, fresh herbs and infused vinegars will add flavour to your chicken recipes without adding fat. Think herbs like dried oregano, dried basil and dried thyme and don’t shy away from spices like turmeric, coriander and cardamom. Experiment with different tastes for a range of healthy options you can come back to again and again.
10 Easy Baked Chicken Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breast | Recipe Tin Eats
2. Baked Lemon Chicken | Dinner at the Zoo
3. Baked Chicken Parmesan | Skinny Taste
4. Easy Oven Baked Fajitas | Betty Crocker
5. Baked Teriyaki Chicken Bowl | I Heart Naptime
6. Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole | Yummy, Healthy, Easy
7. Sweet, Spicy and Sticky Chicken Thighs | Diethood
8. Sheet Pan Cuban Mojo Chicken | Mae’s Menu
9. Baked BBQ Chicken | The Endless Meal
10. Easy Baked Orange Chicken | Crazy for Crust
10 Low Carb Baked Chicken Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes | Recipe Container
2. Tandoori Chicken | Olive Magazine
3. Roasted Chicken Breast | That Low Carb Life
4. Parmesan Mayonnaise Baked Chicken Breast | Cooking for Two
5. Keto Baked Crack Chicken Cups | Call Me PMC
6. Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast | Wholesome Yum
7. Keto-Friendly Chicken Shawarma | Noshtastic
8. Keto Honey Mustard Chicken | Peace, Love and Low Carb
9. Low Carb Salsa Chicken | That Low Carb Life
10. Sour Cream Parmesan Chicken | Beauty and the Foodie
10 Breaded Baked Chicken Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Deviled Chicken Thighs | Taste of Home
2. Cornflake Chicken | Dinner at the Zoo
3. Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken | All Recipes
4. Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts | As Easy As Apple Pie
5. Oven “Fried” Chicken | Cooking Classy
6. Baked Panko Chicken Parmesan | Food
7. Breaded Ranch Chicken | Taste of Home
8. Homemade Chicken Tenders | A Mind “Full” Mom
9. Baked Parmesan and Dijon Crusted Chicken | Laughing Spatula
10. BBQ Baked Breaded Chicken Strips | Eating on a Dime
10 Shake and Bake Baked Chicken Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Copycat Shake and Bake Chicken | The Cookful
2. Homemade Shake ‘n Bake Chicken | The Black Peppercorn
3. Shake ‘n Bake Spicy BBQ Chicken | My Food and Family
4. Gluten Free Shake and Bake Almond Chicken | All Recipes
5. Ritz Cracker Shake ‘n Bale Chicken | Food
6. Shake ‘n Bake Roast Chicken | Kraft What’s Cooking
7. Crispy Baked Shake ‘n Bake Chicken | My Food and Family
8. Copycat Shake and Bake Chicken Nuggets | Five Heart Home
9. Easy Shake and Bake Chicken | Big Oven
10. Shake and Bake Chicken Extravaganza | Davita
10 Leftover Baked Chicken Recipes Under 300 Calories
1. Healthy Chicken Quesadilla | ifoodreal
2. Dump-and-Bake Chicken Tacos | The Seasoned Mom
3. Chicken Pita Pockets | Fox Valley Foodie
4. Cheat’s Chicken Ramen | BBC Good Food
5. Easy Chicken Noodle Soup | Chow Hound
6. Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps | Tasty
7. Shredded Leftover Chicken Sandwich | Watch What U Eat
8. Chicken Soup with White Beans and Kale | Minimalist Baker
9. Quick Chicken Curry | Family Food on the Table
10. Waldorf Chicken Salad | Delicious By Design
Don’t these baked chicken recipes just sound absolutely delicious? They’re easy and healthy too, for the ultimate dinner trifecta!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love these baked chicken recipes under 300 calories? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more tasty, healthy recipes? Make sure to follow our Food and Recipes Board on Pinterest!