Homemade lattes are arguably the best way to start your morning. They’re quick and easy to whip up, and making them at home saves you tons of money if you regularly buy them from your neighbourhood café. There’s just something about sipping a creamy, hot latte that makes everything in the world seem right. If you want to start making your lattes at home, check out these homemade latte recipes to kickstart your morning!
5 Homemade Latte Making Essentials to Invest In
Whether you use an electric or stovetop model, you’ll need a kettle to boil the water for your coffee or tea. This is the first step to making a homemade latte, so if you don’t have a kettle, it’s time to add to cart!
2. French Press
If you’re going to make lattes at home, you’ll need something to make your coffee in and a French press is the way to go. Stock up on your favourite ground coffee and brew a flavourful cup of Joe in just four minutes. All you need is hot water and coffee and the French press will do its thing!
3. Electric Milk Steamer
Having a proper milk steamer will take your homemade lattes to the next level. This electric milk steamer has four settings: cold foam, light warm foam, thick warm foam and warming without foaming so you can choose whatever suits you for the day. You’ll get warm milk or foam within 2 minutes and this one also offers a hand-free option for your busy mornings.
4. Handheld Milk Frother
If you don’t want to invest in a full-on milk steamer, a handheld milk frother is also perfect for making lattes. You can make rich, creamy froth that provides the perfect finishing touch to your homemade lattes every single day. It doesn’t take up much space so it’s easy to store either on the counter with your other coffee accessories or safely in a drawer.
5. Home Espresso Machine
If you’re super passionate about your homemade latte-making and want to go all out, you may choose to opt for a home espresso machine that allows you to do all steps in one. It can be used as an espresso, cappuccino or latte machine and features a built-in steam rod to steam or heat milk.
How to Make the Perfect Homemade Latte: 3 Tips and Hacks
1. Choose Your Milk
The best milk to use for lattes is whole milk. Since it has the highest milk fat, it ends up giving you the best froth and makes your lattes super rich and creamy. If you want to make your lattes dairy free, oat milk froths up the best and tastes amazing. You can also consider soy, coconut and almond milk as non-dairy alternatives. Consider using “barista blends” to make your milk as foamy as possible. And remember, fresh milk will always work best!
2. Get Your Ratio Right
The proper coffee to milk ratio for a latte is ⅓ of espresso and ⅔ steamed milk. For example, 2 oz of espresso and 6 oz of your choice of milk. You can also use ¼ espresso and ¾ steamed milk if you want less coffee in your latte.
3. Make It Iced
When we talk about lattes, we’re usually talking about the hot variety, but iced lattes are just as delicious and perfect for when it warms up outside. Just like with hot lattes, you can use any kind of milk you want, but there’s no need to froth it. You’ll want to use cold milk for iced lattes. Make your coffee as you usually would. You can make it the night before and let it cool overnight, or make it the morning of and pour it over ice. Then just pour your milk in and you’re good to go!
12 Easy Homemade Latte Recipes
1. Creamy Homemade Latte | A Couple Cooks
2. Cinnamon Dolce Latte | Be Plant Well
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte | Coffee At Three
4. Easy Homemade Latte | A Mind Full Mom
5. Everyday Vanilla Latte | Jar of Lemons
6. Easy Homemade Mocha Latte | Bakes By Chichi
7. Snickerdoodle Latte | House of Yumm
8. Easy Caramel Latte | Baking Mischief
9. Homemade Cinnamon Latte | Cooking Perfected
10. Maple Latte (Hot or Iced) | Burrata and Bubbles
11. Oat Milk Honey Latte | Pinch of Yum
12. Almond Milk Latte | Coffee Affection
12 Matcha Homemade Latte Recipes
1. Matcha Latte | A Couple Cooks
2. Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte | Gimme Delicious
3. Vanilla Matcha Latte | Grateful Grazer
4. Copycat Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte | Cooking with Janica
5. Easy Matcha Latte | Fit Foodie Finds
6. Creamy Matcha Green Tea Recipe | Tori Avey
7. Vegan Matcha Latte | Minimalist Baker
8. Matcha Latte with Almond Milk | Two Spoons
9. Hot or Iced Matcha Latte | NeighborFood Blog
10. Strawberry Matcha Latte | Teak and Thyme
11. Matcha Rose Latte | Sift and Simmer
12. Iced Coconut Matcha Latte | Glow by Marlowe
12 Chai Homemade Latte Recipes
1. Easy Chai Latte | Detoxinista
2. Dirty Chai Latte | A Couple Cooks
3. Starbucks Copycat Chai Tea Latte | Snacks and Sips
4. Dairy-Free Homemade Chai Latte | Choosing Chia
5. Decadent Chai Latte | Oh, How Civilized
6. Easy Vanilla Chai Tea Latte | Koti Beth
7. Hot Buttered Chai Latte | Chatelaine
8. Homemade Pumpkin Chai Latte | Cookie and Kate
9. Vegan Chai Latte | The Edgy Veg
10. Iced Chai Latte | Simply Recipes
11. Coconut Milk Chai Latte | Kitchn
12. Butterscotch Chai Latte | Sipology
12 Tea Homemade Latte Recipes
1. Soothing Green Tea Latte | Simply Quinoa
2. Perfect Black Tea Latte (in 5 Minutes!) | A Couple Cooks
3. Easy Chamomile Tea Latte | Oh, How Civilized
4. Blissful Five Minute Tea Latte | Jessica Gavin
5. Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte | A Day in the Kitchen
6. Hibiscus Tea Strawberry Latte | Little Figgy
7. London Fog (Earl Grey Tea Latte) | Oh, How Civilized
8. Salted Rose Caramel Earl Grey Tea Latte | How Daily
9. Iced English Tea Latte | A Day in the Kitchen
10. Spiced Chamomile Tea Latte | An Edible Mosaic
11. Peaches and Cream Tea Latte | Silk Road
12. Rise and Shine Tea Latte | Joyous Health
Ready to start making lattes at home? We hope you loved these tips and recipes!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this roundup of homemade latte recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Make sure to follow our Food & Recipes Board on Pinterest!