Air fryers are super popular right now and they’re a great way to add variety to your cooking. An air fryer allows you to create healthier versions of your favourite deep fried foods, as well as “fry” up healthy foods for delicious taste and texture. If you’re bored of your typical every night dinners, adding air fryer recipes to the mix allows you to whip up delicious meals that are healthier and lower in calories than your average fried foods.
You can cook almost anything in an air fryer, from meats, veggies and fish to fries, chicken wings and even baked goods. For healthy dinners your family will love, opt for air fryer chicken breast recipes that are succulent and tasty. From tender and moist to crispy and juicy, these are recipes you’ll want to keep in your recipe box for good.
What is an Air Fryer and Why Do I Need One?
An air fryer is essentially a countertop convection oven that cooks almost anything you would cook in an oven. It’s main draw is that it requires very little oil to give you perfectly crispy cauliflower, fries, wings and anything else you can think of without the use of a deep fryer. The air fryer contains a fry basket, which allows for food to be suspended and accessible to heat from all sides. Instead of foods being placed in hot oil, they’re exposed to very hot circulating air.
You can whip up delicious, typically deep fried foods in a healthier way. This also leads to less calories, which reduces the risk of weight gain and obesity. Using an air fryer instead of a deep fryer can also decrease your risk of chronic and cardiovascular disease. When cooking oil is heated, it produces increased concentrations of inflammatory compounds, which can be absorbed into the food. Less oil retention means fewer inflammatory compounds in our food, reducing the risk of disease.
4 Tips for Cooking Chicken in an Air Fryer
1. Season To Your Liking
Any seasoning you love will work wonders for air fryer chicken breast. From Greek to barbecue, cajun or hot and spicy, you can use any blend of spices for your dish. Rub the chicken breasts with a little bit of olive oil to crisp the skin and help the spices and herbs stick to the meat. Spread on your choice of seasoning and get ready for one delicious piece of meat!
2. Boost the Flavour
If you want your chicken to have extra juiciness and flavour, try marinating your chicken breasts before popping them into the air fryer. For marinating, combine your sauces and spices in a bowl and whisk together. Add your chicken and coat well so that it’s submerged in the mixture and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
3. Space Out Your Chicken Breasts
When placing your chicken breasts into the air fryer, be sure to create room between them so they cook evenly. Don’t overcrowd them and cook in batches if you need to.
4. Let Them Rest
Before cutting into your juicy, succulent chicken, let it rest for about 5 minutes. This allows all the juices to reabsorb into the chicken so you get the most out of the flavour.
15 Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
1. Tender, Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Well Plated
2. Healthier Fried Chicken Breast | Little Sunny Kitchen
3. Air Fryer Chicken and Veggies | Gimme Delicious
4. Air Fryer Blackened Chicken Breast | All Recipes
5. Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Gal on a Mission
6. Tender Air Fryer Chicken Breast | A Pinch of Healthy
7. Balsamic Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Recipe Teacher
8. Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Everyday Family Cooking
9. Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Parsley | Pinch Me Good
10. Easy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Sweet Peas and Saffron
11. Air Fryer Chicken and Potatoes | Little Sunny Kitchen
12. Air Fryer Chicken and Vegetables | The Typical Mom
13. Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli “Stir Fry” | Eat Better Recipes
14. Air Fryer Greek Chicken and Potatoes | Masonfit
15. Air Fryer Spiced Chicken and Vegetables | Zested Lemon
15 Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
1. Delicious Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Breast | Air-Fried
2. Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Food Faith Fitness
3. Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Breasts | Cook The Story
4. Air Fryer Fried Chicken Breast | Well Plated
5. Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Delish
6. Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Recipes From a Pantry
7. The Best Healthy Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Momma Fit Lyndsey
8. Seasoned Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Kristine’s Kitchen
9. Air Fryer Fried Chicken | The Chicken Magpie
10. Breaded Air Fryer Chicken | Feel Good Foodie
11. 20-Minute Air Fryer Fried Chicken | The Recipe Rebel
12. Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu | All Recipes
13. Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Crispy Chicken Sandwich | Mealthy
14. Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Spend With Pennies
15. Crispy Keto Air Fried Chicken Breast | Life Tastes Good
15 Frozen Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
1. Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | Where is My Spoon
2. Garlic Powder Frozen Air Fryer Chicken Breast | The Typical Mom
3. Italian Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer | Air Fryer Yum
4. Juicy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | Fork to Spoon
5. Spiced Frozen Air Fryer Chicken Breast | Air Frying Foodie
6. Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts | Feeding Your Fam
7. Tender Air Fryer Frozen Chicken | Everyday Family Cooking
8. Smoked Paprika Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | Food Doodles
9. 5 Spice Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | The Dinner Bite
10. Perfectly Seasoned Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | Bites With Bri
11. Air Fryer Frozen Stuffed Chicken Breast with Broccoli and Cheese | Melanie Cooks
12. 3-Ingredient Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | The Shortcut Kitchen
13. Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast | Air Fryer World
14. Easy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | Thyme and Joy
15. Succulent Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast | Love Food Not Cooking
These air fryer chicken breast recipes are about to become the go-to dinners in your home. Whether you want a healthy meal or are craving crispy chicken, these recipes are all you need!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy these air fryer chicken breast recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Make sure to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!