Give kids something besides the traditional toys under the tree or in their stocking.
For a child who seems to already have it all, finding a gift that is new and also meaningful can seem like a challenge.
You’re sure to find a gift that creates memories, opportunities to bond, and plenty of fun with our list of the 43 best non-toy Christmas gifts for girls 6-8.
6 Things to Consider When Buying Gifts for Girls 6-8
- Choose something social – At this age, girls are becoming more social, and are beginning to create close friendships. Because of this, finding gifts and experiences that they can share with others is more important than ever before.
- Provide a little comfort – With everything going on in the world, a gift of comfort is always a good choice. Give them a place to snuggle, a cozy spot to read or daydream, or a way to sleep better at night.
- Practical doesn’t have to be boring – While some non-toy Christmas gifts are practical, it doesn’t mean they have to be boring. In fact, non-toy gifts can be those that a child uses almost every day, making it more meaningful.
- Expand their horizons – Girls 6 to 8 are just starting to explore the world around them. They’re discovering who they are and what they really like. Consider giving them an experience that will broaden their horizons and give them a taste of art and culture.
- Add to their space – Consider buying them something that they can add to their space, whether it’s their bedroom, playroom, or even their bathroom. Kids love to make a space their own, so if a gift allows them the opportunity to decorate their space and add a personal touch, they’re sure to be excited.
- Create traditions – You can start creating magical memories of Christmas at an early age. One of the best ways to do that is by creating holiday traditions that you do together year after year. Give them an experience that they can always look forward to as they get older.
29 Best Non-Toy Christmas Gifts for Girls 6-8
- Bean Bag Chair – This chair comes in different sizes and has tons of colors and patterns to fit their style. It’s easy to carry around the house and makes the perfect spot for reading, lounging, gaming, or taking a nap.
- Unicorn Sequin Fleece Pillow – This fun mini pillow is covered in reversible sequins. When they run their finger or hand across the pillow, they can change colors or patterns, or write words and messages.
- Folding Lap Desk – This lap desk has many different functions – it’s perfect for homework and studying, computers and gaming, or as a serving tray. You can choose from seven different colors, the legs fold for storage, and it even has a carry handle.
- Furry Backrest Pillow – A shaggy, plush backrest pillow for some extra support whenever it’s needed. Kids can use this pillow while watching TV, reading, or just lounging around.
- Piggy Bank – This is definitely not your traditional piggy bank, it’s more like a safe. Kids can add cash or coins for safekeeping and secure everything with their own four-digit passcode.
- Faux Fur Throw Blanket – This super soft faux-fur throw is sure to keep them cozy all year long. There are an endless number of colors and patterns to choose from so you’re bound to find her favorite.
- The World of Beverly Cleary Collection – Beverly Cleary wrote books that have brought joy to so many. With beloved characters like Ramona Quimby, Beezus, Henry Huggins, and Runaway Ralph, you’ll love sharing these stories with a new generation.
- Cake Pop Maker – This colorful cake pop maker would make a great gift for any budding baker. It has everything they’ll need to bake up 12 cake pops or donut holes in just minutes.
- The Highlights Book of Things to Do – This book is an encyclopedia full of fun activities. It contains everything from science projects and recipes to crafts, games, and brain teasers.
- Galaxy Night Light Projector – Projecting colorful images of the stars and galaxies, it acts as a nightlight and can even play music. With five soothing white noises as well, they can relax easily at bedtime.
- Ultimate Travel Journal for Kids – This travel journal is packed with places to write, activities and games, and journal prompts. Good for up to four trips, it’s a place for them to capture memories and makes a wonderful keepsake.
- Good Housekeeping Amazing Science – Young STEM lovers will be thrilled to receive this book packed with over 80 different hands-on experiments. They’ll learn different scientific concepts about everyday things they’ll find around the house.
- Kids Book Bucket List Scratch Poster – This poster features 100 classic, must-read children’s books. Kids can hang it up in their room and scratch off books that they read to reveal their colorful cover photos.
- Q & A a Day for Kids – This journal is really something special. Once a day, they will take a few minutes to write down an answer to a question, allowing them to get to know themselves better and reveal their hopes and dreams.
- Amelia Bedelia Box Set – Buy them a book set that’s great for early readers. Amelia Bedelia has been a favorite of kids for many years, and the fast-paced chapters are full of silliness and fun illustrations.
- Letters to Me – A unique gift that allows a child to express themselves through writing and drawing. Using prompts, they will put together their own book of letters to create a fun time capsule.
- Wearable Blanket Hoodie – This hooded, wearable blanket is great for getting cozy and has deep pockets for keeping their hands warm or holding snacks and toys. Choose from fun colors and patterns, and pick up an adult-sized one for yourself!
- Alarm Clock – Help them learn how to get out of bed on time. This alarm clock features a dimmable night light too!
- Foldable Teepee Tent – Give them a magical spot they can call their own. Complete with twinkling fairy lights and artificial vines, they can use it for sleepovers, play time, or just a quiet place to read and dream.
- Butterfly Wall Decals – Let them cover their walls in beautiful butterfly wall decals. They come in every color of the rainbow, and bring a touch of nature anywhere they decide to put them.
- Large Rainbow Rope Basket – This is the perfect place for them to organize their books, toys, and stuffed animals, and also works well as a hamper. Made from colorful, woven rope, it also has handles so that they can pick it up and bring it anywhere.
- Unicorn Letter Writing Set – This beautifully boxed stationery set features rainbows and colorful unicorns and everything they’ll need to write the perfect letter. Great for pen pals, thank you notes, or letters to grandma and grandpa.
- Musical Jewelry Storage Box – Covered in fairy tale drawings, this musical unicorn jewelry box is made for storing their treasures. They can tuck away their necklaces, bracelets, and trinkets while they watch the unicorn spin.
- Kids Analog Watch – This colorful analog watch is easy to read, helps kids strengthen their time-telling skills, and is waterproof.
- Mermaid Kids Chore Chart – Older kids will learn responsibility and discipline with this colorful mermaid chore chart. They can choose their own goals and rewards and mark off their chores once they’re done.
- Hooded Bath Towel – Give them a hooded towel that they can wrap themselves up in after bathtime. They’re nicely oversized, come in fun patterns, and also work well as a cover up or beach towel.
- Kids Overnight Bag – This overnight bag is roomy and sturdy and features an adjustable shoulder strap and plenty of pockets. It’s just right for sleepovers, sports, or weekend trips.
- Garmin Vivofit Jr. – Gift them an incredible, wearable, activity tracker with a fun, floral pattern. They can keep track of their steps and sleep patterns and they’ll have tons of fun reaching their daily activity goals.
- Little Passports World Edition Subscription Box – Geared for kids ages six to ten, this subscription box teaches children culture, history, language, geography, and science. It’s a monthly adventure in your mailbox!
14 More Gifts to Make Meaningful Memories
Gifting an experience can give a child a beautiful memory they’ll always treasure. Check out our list of 14 giftable experience ideas for girls 6-8:
- Tickets to their first ball game
- A trip to the circus
- Passes to a local zoo or aquarium
- Tickets to a kids concert
- A coupon for a one-on-one outing
- Gift card to their favorite local eatery or sweet spot
- Class at an art center or pottery painting shop
- Movie tickets
- Trip to the arcade
- Passes for laser tag or mini golf
- Tickets to a kids stage show
- Carnival or fair passes
- Membership to a local museum
- Water park tickets
We know the child you’re shopping for is sure to love whatever you pick from our list of 43 of the best non-toy Christmas gifts for girls 6-8.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved our list of Christmas gifts for girls 6-8, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more holiday gift ideas, please follow our Christmas board!