I don’t know about you, but I cannot workout unless I have some good tunes pumping in my ears. The more upbeat, the better, in my opinion. The only problem is that, since I go to the gym so frequently, I end up listening to the same songs over and over (and over!) again, which can be kind of boring. But whenever I load new music onto my iPod Shuffle, I actually look forward to going to the gym, and I find my workouts fly by much faster.
I try to update my gym playlist every 2 weeks or so, which means I have collected A LOT of fabulous workout songs over the past year or so, and since I know I’m not the only one trying to step up my workout routine in an effort to lose weight and get toned in time for bikini season, I decided to share 40 of my favorites with you.
If you click on the affiliate links below (or the ‘view’ button in the album above), they will take you straight to iTunes where you can preview and listen to the songs to decide which ones you like the most. I’m really digging 5, 7, 10, and 21 right now, but all of these workout songs will keep you pumped and (hopefully) give you the motivation you need to get back in shape (and stay in shape)!
1. Boom Clap by Charli XCX
2. Goodbye (feat. Islove) by Glenn Morrison
3. Fancy (feat. Charli XCX) by Iggy Azalea
4. Open Wide (feat. Big Sean) by Calvin Harris
5. Lips Are Movin by Meghan Trainor
6. Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) by Mark Ronson
7. Prayer In C (Robin Schulz Radio Edition)
8. Summer by Calvin Harris
9. Animals by Maroon 5
10. Waves (Robin Schulz Radio Edition)
11. FourFiveSeconds by Rihanna and Kayne West and Paul McCartney
12. Wake Me Up by Avicii
13. Outside (feat. Ellie Goulding) by Calvin Harris
14. Promesses (feat, Kaleem Taylor) by Tchami
15. Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
16. Sugar by Maroon 5
17. All of Me by John Legend
18. Raise Your Glass by P!NK
19. Outlines by Mike Mago & Dragonette
20. Moves Like Jagger (feat. Christina Aguilera) by Maroon 5
21. Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne) by Clean Bandit
22. All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
23. Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
24. Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) by will.i.am
25. Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz
26. Party Rock Anthem (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) by LMFAO
27. Best Day of My Life by American Authors
28. Story of My Life by One Direction
29. I’m an Albatraoz by AronChupa
30. Work B**ch by Britney Spears
31. Pompeii by Bastille
32. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
33. Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
34. Run This Town (feat. Rihanna & Kayne West) by JAY Z, Rihanna & Kayne West
35. Happy by Pharrell Williams
36. Turn Me On (feat. Nicki Minaj) by David Guetta
37. Price Tag (feat. B.o.B) by Jessie J
38. Jealous (I Ain’t Worth It) by Chromeo
39. Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) by Jason Derulo
40. Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
This post contains affiliate links.
If these workouts songs gave you the motivation you needed to sweat it out at the gym, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more health-related tips and tricks, please follow our Health and Fitness board where we share all kinds of ideas!