Sheet pan breakfasts are easy, convenient and low effort morning meals that are about to become favourites in your home. One of the main reasons people skip breakfast is lack of time. These sheet pan breakfast recipes are quick and easy and will make your mornings less chaotic. They only require one sheet pan and a few ingredients to get your day started right. And since breakfast is known as the most important meal of the day, you’re going to want to put these recipes in your line up.
4 Reasons You Should Eat Breakfast
1. Boosts Energy
It’s important to fuel your body first thing in the morning. The body’s energy source is glucose, which is broken down and absorbed from carbs. The body stores most of its energy as fat, but it also stores some glucose as glycogen. When you fast, as you do overnight, the liver breaks down glycogen and releases it into your bloodstream as glucose to keep your blood sugar levels stable. Eating breakfast boosts your energy levels and restores your glycogen levels to keep your metabolism up for the day ahead.
2. Helps Manage Weight
There are a number of reasons why eating breakfast can help you manage your weight. It prevents large fluctuations in blood glucose levels, which helps control your appetite. Eating foods high in protein and fibre in the morning will help keep you full so you don’t mindlessly snack on easy access (and usually unhealthy) foods. This helps curb hunger and keeps you from overeating, which can help keep your weight in check.
3. Good for Your Brain
Eating a healthy breakfast can improve memory, concentration, reason, creativity, attention, learning and productivity. This is thought to be due to the steady glucose levels provided by your morning meal. If your brain doesn’t receive the energy (glucose) it needs to get going, you’re more likely to feel sluggish and have a hard time focusing and concentrating throughout the day.
4. Heart Healthy
Breakfast promotes heart health by preventing diabetes and lowering blood pressure. People who skip breakfast tend to have higher cholesterol levels, a major risk factor for heart disease. Irregular eating patterns can cause weight gain, which also negatively affects the heart. Ensure your breakfasts are high in fibre, as it lowers cholesterol and improves cardiovascular health. Combining fibre with protein and healthy fats will get your energy up and heart pumping.
7 Best Foods to Eat for Breakfast
1. Eggs: eggs are an amazing source of protein, reducing your hunger throughout the morning. They also contain antioxidants that benefit your eyes and are one of the best sources of choline, a nutrient for brain and liver health.
2. Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese: they both combine protein and fat to help you feel full and satisfied. You can mix in berries, nuts or whole grain cereal to both, or spread cottage cheese on whole grain toast with some honey.
3. Oatmeal: rolled or steel cut oats contain beta glucan, a soluble fibre that helps reduce cholesterol and promotes feelings of fullness. Oats are also a good source of iron, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
4. Chia Seeds: chia seeds are an excellent source of fibre, part of which is soluble fibre, meaning it absorbs water and increases the volume of food moving through the digestive tract, helping you feel full. Fibre also helps stabilize blood sugar levels and improves heart health. Mix chia seeds into smoothies or yogurt or sprinkle them on your salads.
5. Berries: berries are low in calories and high in fibre, which promotes fullness. They’re also rich in antioxidants that help lower your risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
6. Avocados: avocados contain high amounts of fibre and healthy fats, both of which slow digestion and improve satiety. They help control blood sugar and are also great for gut health.
7. Sweet Potatoes: sweet potatoes are a great way to add healthy carbs to your breakfast, which is especially important if you’re going to be active in the morning. They’re also rich in potassium, vitamin A, fibre and other important nutrients.
6 Tips for Making Sheet Pan Breakfasts
1 .Use a durable half-sheet pan as they’re sturdy enough to take oven heat and big enough to allow for ingredients to be spread out.
2. Line the pan with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
3. Add food in stages, based on how much time they need in the oven.
4. Spread contents out so they can cook evenly.
5. Aim to cut things into uniform sizes when prepping.
6. Limit moisture as much as possible by patting meat and drying greens and veggies.
40 Sheet Pan Breakfast Recipes We Love
1. Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake | Damn Delicious
2. Sheet Pan Eggs and Bacon Breakfast | Taste of Home
3. Sheet Pan English Breakfast | Simply Recipes
4. Sunny Side Up Sheet Pan Breakfast | Real Simple
5. Sheet Pan Breakfast with Sweet Potatoes and Bacon | Apple Gate
6. Sheet Pan Cinnamon Rolls | Lovely Little Kitchen
7. Sheet Pan Pancakes | Dinner Then Desserts
8. Breakfast Kale and Potato Sheet Pan | Healthy Little Peach
9. Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake with Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Bacon | Paleoish Krista
10. Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash | How Sweet Eats
11. Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza | The Cookie Rookie
12. Sheet Pan Eggs with Spinach and Ham | Eating Well
13. Loaded Sheet Pan Breakfast Burritos | Live Simply
14. Sweet Potato, Kale and Sausage Breakfast Sheet Pan Bake | Real Food with Dana
15. Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Sheet Pan Eggs | Eating Well
16. Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks | Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
17. Puff Pastry Frittata with Spinach and Cheese | Masheesmo
18. Sheet Pan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Hash | The Kitchn
19. Smoky Cauliflower Sheet Pan Eggs | Eating Well
20. Sheet Pan French Toast | Modern Honey
21. Sheet Pan Breakfast Tostadas | Rachel Cooks
22. Healthy Sheet Pan Breakfast Nachos | A Sweet Pea Chef
23. Sheet Pan Breakfast with Crispy Shredded Hash Browns | Creme de la Crumb
24. Sheet Pan Breakfast Sandwiches | A Beautiful Mess
25. Vegetarian Sheet Pan Breakfast Burritos | The Herbeevore
26. Hash Brown Sheet Pan Breakfast | The Skinny Fork
27. Big Family-Style Sheet Pan Breakfast | Clean Food Crush
28. Quick Sheet Pan Breakfast | Cooking Professionally
29. Sheet Pan Full Breakfast with Garlic Butter Mushrooms | Cafe Delites
30. 5-Ingredient Sheet Pan Breakfast | Sweet Phi
31. Sheet Pan Breakfast with Baby Potatoes | Spaceships and Laser Beams
32. Sheet Pan Breakfast Fajitas | Good Housekeeping
33. Sheet Pan Baked Eggs and Vegetables | The Mediterranean Dish
34. Sheet Pan Breakfast Bowls | Dance Around the Kitchen
35. Sheet Pan Breakfast Potatoes | All Recipes
36. Tex Mex Sheet Pan Breakfast | Crazy in the Kitchen
37. Sheet Pan Pancakes 4 Ways | Belly Full
38. Hearty Sheet Pan Breakfast | KSAT
39. Southwestern Style Sheet Pan Breakfast | Easy Home Meals
40. Fluffy Sheet Pan Eggs | Keto Focus
Eating breakfast is one of the best things you can do for your health and these sheet pan breakfasts are about to become your new go-tos!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love this round up of sheet pan breakfast recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more easy, healthy recipes? Make sure to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!