Christmas is about more than just toys under the tree. Non-toy gifts can in fact provide kids with some of their most important childhood memories.
We’re bringing you a list of 40 fun non-toy Christmas gift ideas for boys 6-8. They’re sure to get some big smiles and maybe even some high-fives!
6 Things to Consider When Buying Gifts for Boys 6-8
- Choose something social – At this age, boys are becoming more social, and are beginning to create close friendships. Because of this, finding gifts and experiences that they can share with others is more important than ever before.
- Provide a little comfort – With everything going on in the world, a gift of comfort is always a good choice. Give them a place to snuggle, a cozy spot to read or daydream, or a way to sleep better at night.
- Practical doesn’t have to be boring – While some non-toy Christmas gifts are practical, it doesn’t mean they have to be boring. In fact, non-toy gifts can be those that a child uses almost every day, making it more meaningful.
- Expand their horizons – Boys 6 to 8 are just starting to explore the world around them. They’re discovering who they are and what they really like. Consider giving them an experience that will broaden their horizons and give them a taste of art and culture.
- Add to their space – Consider buying them something that they can add to their space, whether it’s their bedroom, playroom, or even their bathroom. Kids love to make a space their own, so if a gift allows them the opportunity to decorate their space and add a personal touch, they’re sure to be excited.
- Create traditions – You can start creating magical memories of Christmas at an early age. One of the best ways to do that is by creating holiday traditions that you do together year after year. Give them an experience that they can always look forward to as they get older.
26 Best Non-Toy Christmas Gifts for Boys 6-8
- Folding Lap Desk – This lap desk has many different functions – it’s perfect for homework and studying, computers and gaming, or as a serving tray. You can choose from seven different colors, the legs fold for storage, and it even has a carry handle.
- Magic Treehouse Box Set – The Magic Treehouse books are perfect for kids who are just beginning to read chapter books. Jack and Annie will take them on adventures through time, teaching them lessons about history.
- Furry Backrest Pillow – A shaggy, plush backrest pillow for some extra support whenever it’s needed. Kids can use this pillow while watching TV, reading, or just lounging around.
- Cozy Fleece Robe – They will love wrapping themselves up in a robe made out of cozy fleece. There are plenty of sizes and colors to choose from, so you’re guaranteed to find one that will fit them just right.
- My Time Capsule – This set comes with everything they’ll need to create a one-of-a-kind time capsule. Through letters and pictures, a child will take a snapshot of their life for their future self to enjoy.
- Blankie Tails – A wearable blanket that is super soft and cozy, it comes in tons of fun designs including a rocket, shark, and race car. Great all year round, kids can use it for sleepovers, camping, travel, or hanging out at home.
- Piggy Bank – This is definitely not your traditional piggy bank – it’s more like a safe. Kids can add cash or coins for safekeeping and secure everything with their own four-digit passcode.
- Little Passports World Edition Subscription Box – Geared for kids ages six to ten, this subscription box teaches children culture, history, language, geography, and science. It’s a monthly adventure in your mailbox!
- Stuffed Animal Storage Bag – Kids can store all of their stuffed animals or any other soft items inside this large storage bag. Once it’s full, it becomes their very own chair for reading, watching TV, or napping.
- Bed Tent – This bed tent fits over any twin-sized bed. Kids will love using it as a place to play during the day or for sleeping at night, and it folds away for storage or travel.
- Alarm Clock – Help them learn how to get out of bed on time. This alarm clock features a dimmable night light, built in temperature display, as well as fun digital clock faces.
- Outdoor Foldable Chair – This foldable chair is sure to become their favorite sitting spot. It comes with a cup holder and folds away into its own bag, making it great for camping, trips to the beach, or sporting events.
- Glow in the Dark Stars – Bring the night sky to their bedroom ceiling. This collection of glow-in-the-dark star decals create a warm, cozy atmosphere that encourages dreaming and imagination.
- Kids Overnight Bag – This overnight bag is roomy and sturdy and features an adjustable shoulder strap and plenty of pockets. It’s just right for sleepovers, sports, or weekend trips.
- Stuffed Animal Storage Hammock – This set of storage hammocks works perfectly in either a bedroom or playroom. Kids can corral their favorite soft toys and stuffed animals to keep them off the floor but still within reach.
- Ranger Rick Magazine Subscription – Gift them something that arrives in their mailbox once a month. Ranger Rick magazine has been around for decades, and provides kids with stunning photos, amazing facts, and a passion for nature.
- Dog Man Book Set – Written by the creator of the Captain Underpants series, these graphic novels are a kid favorite. This deluxe set features the first six Dog Man books that teach kids kindness, empathy, and being true to themselves.
- Hooded Bath Towel – Give them a hooded towel that they can wrap themselves up in after bathtime. They’re nicely oversized, come in fun patterns, and also work well as a cover up or beach towel.
- Kids Book Bucket List Scratch Poster – This poster features 100 classic, must-read children’s books. Kids can hang it up in their room and scratch off books that they read to reveal their colorful cover photos.
- Spiderman Stationery Set – This stationary set features everyone’s favorite masked web slinger. Kids can use it to write letters to pen pals, thank you notes, or letters to grandma and grandpa.
- Kids Analog Watch – This analog watch comes ready to give in its own gift box. It’s easy to read, helps kids strengthen their time-telling skills, and is waterproof up to 30 meters.
- Glow in the Dark Slumber Bag – A soft and cozy slumber bag makes a great place to play or snuggle. Kids can take it along for camping, sleepovers, or day care.
- Laser Star Projector – Kids can create their own indoor night sky full of stars!
- Ultimate Travel Journal for Kids – This travel journal is packed with room to write, activities and games, and journal prompts. Good for up to four trips, it’s a place for them to capture memories and makes a wonderful keepsake.
- Magnetic Dry Erase Chore Chart – Older kids will learn responsibility and discipline with this fun chore chart. They can choose their own goals and rewards and mark off their chores once they’re done.
- My First Reading Club Subscription Box – Kids will love opening the mailbox each month to discover something in it for themselves. This monthly subscription box sends out three to four books geared toward your child’s age and reading level.
14 More Gifts to Make Meaningful Memories
Gifting an experience can give a child a beautiful memory they’ll always treasure. Check out our list of 14 giftable experience ideas for boys 6-8:
- Tickets to their first ball game
- A trip to the circus
- Passes to a local zoo or aquarium
- Tickets to a kids concert
- A coupon for a one-on-one outing
- Gift card to their favorite local eatery or sweet spot
- Class at an art center or pottery painting shop
- Movie tickets
- Trip to the arcade
- Passes for laser tag or mini golf
- Tickets to a kids stage show
- Carnival or fair passes
- Membership to a local museum
- Water park tickets
We’re so excited to bring you this list of the 40 best non-toy Christmas gifts for boys 6-8. Have fun making memories!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved our list of Christmas gifts for boys 6-8, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more holiday gift ideas, please follow our Christmas board!