You’ve found our list of the 38 best non-toy Christmas gifts for kids under 5!
We’re helping you think beyond the traditional Christmas gifts and instead choose something even more special.
If you’re ready for some inspiration, check out some of our very favorite gift ideas for the littlest ones on your list.
5 Things to Consider When Buying Gifts for Kids Under 5
- Create traditions – You can start creating magical memories of Christmas at an early age. One of the best ways to do that is by creating holiday traditions that you do together year after year. Give them an experience that they can always look forward to as they get older.
- Provide a little comfort – With everything going on in the world, a gift of comfort is always a good choice. Give them a place to snuggle, a cozy spot to read or daydream, or a way to sleep better at night.
- Practical doesn’t have to be boring – While some non-toy Christmas gifts are practical, it doesn’t mean they have to be boring. In fact, non-toy gifts can be those that a child uses almost every day, making them more meaningful.
- Add to their space – Consider buying them something that they can add to their space, whether it’s their bedroom, playroom, or even their bathroom. Kids love to make a space their own, so if a gift allows them the opportunity to decorate their space and add a personal touch, they’re sure to be excited.
- Gift for the age they’re at – Kids at this age are changing almost every day – it can be hard to keep up. So when it comes to buying them gifts, you want to think about where they are developmentally as well as what their current interests are.
27 Best Non-Toy Christmas Gifts for Kids Under 5
- Pillowie – These adorable plush friends are not only a pillow – they also hide a cozy blanket inside! With three fun animals to choose from, kids can use them for nap time, play time, car rides, or travel.
- My First Library Box Set – This set of 10 colorful board books introduces little scholars to a wide variety of subjects. Great for toddlers, it includes books about numbers, letters, birds, wild animals, shapes, colors, farm animals, and more.
- Travel Car Seat Tray – This car seat travel tray is perfect for long car rides and will help keep them busy for hours. It comes in two fun colors and has plenty of pockets and holders for everything from snacks and a water bottle, to a tablet and toys.
- Soft Landing Sweet Seat – This is a small cozy chair just for the little ones. There are so many cute animals to choose from, the cover washes easily, and it even has a big pocket for books and toys.
- Wildkin Nap Mat and Pillow – Kids can drift off to sleep snuggled up in this nap mat. It comes with a pillow, it’s soft and washable, and easily wraps up and secures for travel to school or sleepovers.
- LittleHippo Alarm Clock – This sweet smiling clock is also a nap timer, sound machine, and an alarm clock. It works great as a sleep trainer, teaching kids when to get up and when to go to bed.
- Kids Pop Up Tent – Give them a fun spot to hide away. This pop up tent is lightweight and portable, and it’s a great spot for play time, drawing, having big adventures, or cozying up for a nap.
- Educational Wall Decals – Encourage learning and bring pops of color to their bedroom, playroom, or just about anywhere. Choose from a wide variety of decals including letters, colors, numbers, and more.
- Sunny Patch Buggy Camping Chair – This is a fantastic little chair with a big smiling face. Kids can have their own place to sit at sporting events or camping and the chair even has its own cup holder.
- Hurricane Tots Toy Chest – Give them a place to store away all of their favorite toys and games. This toy chest comes in two different designs, is sturdy and lightweight, and is safe for little fingers.
- Personalized Growth Chart – Keep track of all their growth milestones with this growth chart!
- Wooden Train and Activity Table – This wooden activity table will last them for years to come. They can play with cars and trains, or use it as a drawing surface for crafts and imaginative play.
- Little Passports Early Explorers – Geared for kids ages three to five, this subscription box teaches children culture, history, language, geography, and science. It’s a monthly adventure in your mailbox!
- Pete the Cat Book Set – Featuring a loveable cat, this book series is popular for good reason. This set of full-color books teaches young kids sounds and sight words while they rock out with Pete the Cat.
- Preschool Watch – This watch helps teach preschoolers the concept of time. It comes in six fun designs and uses colored hour markers and animal symbols to give them a visual way to know what to expect and when.
- Hooded Bath Towel – Give them a hooded towel that they can wrap themselves up in after bathtime. They’re nicely oversized, come in fun patterns, and also work well as a cover up or beach towel.
- Personalized Step Stool – Give little legs a boost with this personalized step stool. Made out of sturdy wood and non-toxic paint, kids can use it to brush their teeth, reach items on a shelf, or have a place to put on their shoes.
- PureBaby Sound Machine and Projector – Little ones can gently drift off to sleep with soothing gentle sounds. It works well for naptime and bedtime, is easy to clean, and projects stars onto the walls or ceiling.
- School Memory Book Album – Give them a place to hold on to all of their school memories. Kids and their parents can collect pictures, achievements, report cards, and other important mementos from preschool to 12th grade.
- Peanutshell Toddler Chore Chart – This positive, motivational reward system helps to teach kids responsibility and discipline and also can encourage good behavior. They’ll stay motivated to gather stars and earn rewards each week.
- Stephen Joseph Kids’ Umbrella – Little ones can stay out of the rain with an umbrella sized just for them. The handle is made for small hands, has a loop closure for storage, and hangs easily on any hook.
- Zac Designs 5-Piece Dinnerware Set – They’ll love to receive this 5-piece dinnerware set featuring their favorite characters. It comes with a plate, tumbler, bowl, and fork and spoon.
- My First Reading Club Subscription Box – Kids will love opening the mailbox each month to discover something in it for themselves. This monthly subscription box sends out three to four books geared toward your child’s age and reading level.
- Highlights High Five Magazine Subscription – The Highlights family of magazines have been a favorite of children and parents alike for decades. High Five magazine is made just for children ages 2-5, and engages them with puzzles, stories, recipes, and crafts.
- Kids Educational Play Mat – This play mat is large enough to provide plenty of room for crawlers and toddlers alike to play, and it’s non-slip and easy to clean!
- Lambs & Ivy Woodland Forest Mobile – For the littlest ones on your shopping list, this sweet, soft mobile from Lambs & Ivy is a great choice. Smiling faces and soothing sounds will keep them entertained as well as help them drift off to sleep.
- BeeGreen Toddler Apron – This 2-pack of toddler aprons has playful patterns, adjustable straps, and a large front pocket. It makes a great gift for budding chefs, bakers, and artists to help keep them tidy and hold their gear.
11 More Gifts to Make Meaningful Memories
Gifting an experience can give a child a beautiful memory they’ll always treasure. Check out our list of 11 giftable experience ideas for kids under 5:
- Tickets to their first ball game
- A trip to the circus
- Passes to a local zoo or aquarium
- Tickets to a kids concert
- On-on-one trip to their favorite local eatery or sweet spot
- A class at a local art center
- Movie tickets
- Tickets to a kids stage show or ice show
- Carnival or fair passes
- Membership to a local children’s museum
- A trip to a splash pad or water park
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved our list of Christmas gifts for kids under 5, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more holiday gift ideas, please follow our Christmas board!