This tropical summer fruit will transport your taste buds! Fragrant and sweet, with an almost buttery flavor and a smooth texture, papaya is delicious on its own or as an ingredient in a snack or meal. And because it is both sweet and savory, it’s the perfect addition to just about any recipe. From smoothies and salads, to stir fry’s and muffins, we’ve got you covered with 35 simple and healthy papaya recipes.
9 Health Benefits of Papaya
Papayas are not only incredibly delicious, but they’re also used to treat a variety of ailments. Here are 9 healthy reasons to add this fruit to your diet:
- Papaya contains a digestive enzyme called papain that helps to aid with protein digestion
- It’s full of healthy fiber which can help with weight loss as well as reduce cholesterol levels
- It’s been used to help ward off and fight infections
- Papaya call help ease menstrual pain
- It’s rich in antioxidants, which helps against damaging free radicals
- It’s a great source of Vitamins A & C and can help boost your immune system
- Papaya is high in minerals like calcium, iron, chlorine, phosphorus, and potassium
- It has been shown to help with diseases that are related to the heart and blood, and may help to control blood pressure
- Eating papaya can help to relieve constipation
How to Choose & Cut a Papaya
The best time to buy papayas is during their peak season which is from Summer to early Fall. It’s important that you check for ripeness first, otherwise your papaya may be bitter.
You can tell it’s ripe if it gives back a little when you gently press down near the stem. The skin is also more yellow than green, with shades of red and orange.
Papaya is best eaten right after you slice it, so make sure not to prep it too far ahead. If you have leftover papaya, you can store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You can learn how to cut a papaya with this fun to watch video:
Papaya 101 | Everything You Need To Know | Clean and Delicious
8 Breakfast Papaya Recipes
- Papaya Smoothie | The Spruce Eats
- Papaya Jam | Manu’s Menu
- Breakfast Papaya Bowl | Monica Nedeff
- Papaya-Banana Smoothie | Food Network
- Papaya Juice Recipe | Foodviva
- Turmeric Papaya Smoothie | Cooking LSL
- Grilled Breakfast Papaya | Waitrose
- Tropical Smoothie | Yummly
8 Lunch Papaya Recipes
- Mexican Papaya Salad | Feasting at Home
- Tamarind Pork Meatballs With Papaya Salsa | Olive
- Spicy Papaya Guacamole | Food Network
- Papaya Salsa With Avocado | Clean & Delicious
- Roasted Papaya With Brown Sugar | Martha Stewart
- Papaya Bruschetta | Allrecipes
- Green Papaya Salad | Eating Well
- Papaya Salsa | The View From Great Island
9 Dinner Papaya Recipes
- Seared Scallops With Spicy Papaya Sauce | Allrecipes
- Strawberry Papaya Salad | Taste Love and Nourish
- Chicken and Papaya Stir Fry | Food & Wine
- Issan Papaya Salad With Fried Pork Belly | Food Network
- Papaya-Stuffed Chicken and Basmati Rice | Allrecipes
- Papaya Avocado Salad | Food Network
- Thai Green Papaya Salad | Whisk Affair
- Rainbow Spring Rolls with Papaya Noodles | Root and Revel
- Chicken With Papaya Soup | Salu Salo Recipes
10 Dessert Papaya Recipes
- Papaya Gelato | Fork and Beans
- Brazilian Papaya Cream | Olivia’s Cuisine
- Papaya Mousse | Simple Sumptuous Cooking
- Papaya Bars | Monica Swanson
- Papaya Lime Cheesecake | Unconventional Baker
- Papaya Coconut Muffins | Skinnytaste
- Papaya Coconut Hamantaschen | What Jew Wanna Eat
- Tropical Papaya Boats | Minimalist Baker
- Papaya Cake with Crumb Topping | Rainbow Nourishments
- Papaya Popsicles | Yummly
Enjoy this tropical fruit anytime by trying one of our 35 simple and healthy papaya recipes!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you these healthy and simple papaya recipes, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for healthy recipes, please follow our Food board!