Elegant and refined, martinis are a true classic that are hard to resist. The perfect before-dinner drink, you can never go wrong with a traditional martini made with gin and dry vermouth. But why stop there? Enjoy a martini with vodka or as a sweet dessert drink. You can choose from a range of flavor options – from watermelon and white chocolate to pumpkin and pineapple.
Whether you’re a master mixologist or a martini newbie, you’ll love this list of 33 of our favorite homemade martini recipes that are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a gathering of friends, or just a night in.
9 Martini Making Essentials to Invest In
The classic martini is all about quality and simplicity. You want to make sure to pay attention to the ingredients, tools, and techniques you use. These 9 martini making essentials are worth investing in.
- The perfect martini glass – Look for a glass that is well balanced, lead free, and sturdy. A thin, smooth rim will enhance each sip and make it easy to add your favorite garnish.
- Coupe or small tumbler – This type of glass makes for easier martini drinking. A wide, shallow bowl and weight of the glass makes for good stability. These glasses are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- A cocktail shaker – The only bar equipment you’ll need is a classic cocktail shaker. Stainless steel is the best choice for properly chilling your drink. And be sure to look for a built-in strainer.
- Bar spoon – Create the perfect stirred martini with a stainless-steel mixing spoon. Feel like a professional every time with a bar spoon that effortlessly mixes and blends your martini.
- Jigger – A jigger is great to have on hand for making martinis or any other cocktail. This measuring cup helps you measure spirits perfectly every time.
- A jar of olives – Not just for garnish, these green olives will add color and flavor to your classic martini. These little beauties are hand stuffed with pimentos and are free of sweeteners, colors, or flavors.
- Lemon twister – Get the perfect twist of lemon every time with this lemon peeler and zester tool. It has a soft, comfortable grip and can be easily tossed into your dishwasher.
- Glass rimmer – Grab a glass rimmer to add colored sugar, chocolate, cinnamon, or coconut shavings to your martini.
- Ice maker – It may feel a little “extra”, but this countertop ice maker can make two different kinds of ice cubes in just minutes. Quiet and super user friendly, you’ll have ice cubes ready to go whenever you’re craving a martini.
How to Make the Perfect Homemade Martini at Home
Making a martini at home is easier than you may think. Follow these 5 tips to help make the perfect martini every time.
Freeze your glasses – Keep your martini chilled from the first sip to the last. Place your martini glasses in the freezer about 15 minutes beforehand to help keep your drink cold.
Shake vigorously – When a recipe calls for shaken, not stirred, it’s important to make sure your ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and the ice has a chance to chill your drink thoroughly. Do so by shaking your cocktail shaker vigorously, back and forth, at least 40 to 50 times.
Stir gently – If you’re making a classic martini or one that is mostly liquor, stirring is the best method. Gently stirring helps to marry the flavors of your ingredients.
Know your garnish – It’s easy to overpower your martini with a garnish. A garnish should complement your cocktail, not be the star of the show. Add sugars, fruit, chocolate, or olives sparingly. It’s always easy to add more if you need to.
Find the perfect vermouth – The type of vermouth that you choose matters when it comes to enhancing the flavor of your martini. Don’t be afraid to explore different brands, including unknown names, because you may end up finding your favorite. Be sure to write the date that you open the bottle, as vermouth only has a shelf life of around three months.
33 Homemade Martini Recipes for Every Occasion
So many options to choose from! These 33 delicious homemade martini recipes will have you sipping pretty in no time.
- The Classic Martini | Delish
- Easy Pineapple Martini | Coastal Wandering
- Cranberry Martini | Tastes of Homemade
- Peaches and Cream Martini | Sweet & Savory Meals
- Pecan Pie Martini | Berly’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Truffle Martini | Food.com
- Fresh Strawberry Lemon Drop Martini | Christina’s Cucina
- Nilla Wafer Martini | Mix that Drink
- Classic Vodka Martini | Spend with Pennies
- Perfect Mexican Martini | A Couple Cooks
- Smoky Martini | Liquor.com
- Pear Elderflower Martini | Kitchen Swagger
- Pumpkin Pie Martini | Noble Pig
- Classic Dirty Martini | A Couple Cooks
- Raspberry Martini | The Littlest Crumb
- Blood Orange Martini | Rachel Cooks
- Strawberry Martini | Splash of Taste
- Snickers Chocolate Martini | No Spoon Necessary
- French Martini | Food Above Gold
- Spiced Caramel Apple Martini | The Chunky Chef
- Mistletoe Martini Cranberry Christmas Cocktail | Mix that Drink
- Fresh Watermelon Martini | Creative Culinary
- White Chocolate Martini | Pint Sized Baker
- Sparkling Raspberry Martini | System of a Brown
- Orange Bitters Martini | Allrecipes
- Ouzo Martini | Food.com
- Cucumber Martini | A Couple Cooks
- Easy Lemon Drop Martini | Inspired Taste
- Pomegranate Martini | Evolving Table
- Espresso Martini | Preppy Kitchen
- Chocolate Vodka Martini | Love in my Oven
- Key Lime Martini | A Communal Table
- Orange Martini | Crazy for Crust
No matter what your mood, you’re sure to find your favorite with our list of 33 simple homemade martini recipes.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved our list of homemade martini recipes, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious drink recipes, please follow our Food board!