Simple, quick and tasty, keto pancakes and waffles are a delicious way to fill up and lose weight at the same time. Waffles and pancakes may not be the first foods that come to mind when you think of weight loss, but when you whip them up keto style, you’ll be surprised at the results! These keto breakfast recipes will make you love mornings and keep you satisfied until lunch. Made with ingredients ranging from coconut and almond flour, to sweet potato, peanut butter and banana, these keto pancake and waffles recipes are sure to make you swoon!
What is the Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a high fat, low carb diet plan where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. When you take away carbohydrates from your body and overload it with fats, your body burns ketones as the primary energy source, rather than glucose. When glucose is used as the primary energy source, fat is stored and that’s why you end up gaining weight. The keto diet turns this system on its head. When you lower your intake of carbs, your body is forced into ketosis.
It usually takes three to four days for your body to get into ketosis since you have to use up your body’s store of glucose. Since healthy fats and proteins make you feel full faster, most people on the keto diet limit their caloric intake to about 1,500 calories a day. It also takes more energy to burn fat and protein than carbs, so you end up burning more calories than before you were on the keto diet.
Pssst. Does this sound too complicated?
Click HERE to get keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Foods You Can Eat on the Keto Diet
Coconut Oil and Butter
Nuts like Almonds, Macadamias, Peanuts and Hazelnuts
Full Fat Dairy Products like Cream Cheese, Cheese, Sour Cream, Yogurt
Green Vegetables including Arugula, Broccoli, Spinach, Kale and Bok Choy
Berries like Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries and Blackberries
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
Fried Foods like French Fries, Fried Chicken
Why is Breakfast So Important for Weight Loss?
When I was younger, I used to skip breakfast. I wasn’t a huge fan of breakfast foods and just didn’t think it was that important. Luckily, as I grew older, I learned just how important it is to eat a healthy, well balanced breakfast. And it’s even more important if you’re trying to lose weight. Eating breakfast stimulates and boosts your metabolism, and studies have shown that eating a meal in the morning boosts your metabolism more than eating that very same meal in the evening.
A nutritious breakfast fuels your body so you can get through the day, keeping you satisfied and more energized until lunch. When you’re sleeping, you’re essentially fasting, so your body looks for fuel when you wake up in the morning. If you skip breakfast, you’re more likely to snack mindlessly throughout the day, and binge at lunch and dinner. All these activities can lead to weight gain.
Keto breakfast recipes are high in healthy fats and protein, helping you burn fat, and increasing your energy levels at the same time. The high fat, low carb combo gets your body into ketosis, and helps you lose weight. Some of the most delicious ketogenic recipes are breakfast recipes like low carb waffles and pancakes. They’re healthy and mouth-watering all at once and they can help you drop those unwanted pounds! Take a look at 30 of the best keto pancake and waffle recipes for weight loss below!
Oh! And if you’re looking for keto diet cookbooks to add to your library, the Keto in Five bundle has 120 delicious recipes – 30 each for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert – with up to 5 net carbs per meal. Each recipe consists of only 5 ingredients and 5 easy steps, making them SUPER simple to make (and enjoy)!
15 Keto Waffles We Love (And So Will You!)
1. Almond Flour Waffles | 2 Cookin’ Mamas
2. Savory Sweet Potato Waffles | A Saucy Kitchen
3. 4-Ingredient Keto Waffles | Yummy Inspirations
4. Flourless Peanut Butter Waffles | Cotter Crunch
5. Coconut Flour Pancakes | Low Carb Yum
6. Crispy Sweet Cinnamon Keto Waffles | The Kitchen Magpie
7. Chocolate Almond Flour Waffles | Skinny Fitalicious
8. Coconut Flour Cinnamon Roll Waffles | Feast Society
9. Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich | Fit Mitten Kitchen
10. Keto Paleo Almond Flour Waffles | Wholesome Yum
11. Molasses Banana Bread Waffles | Rise, Shine, Cook
12. Fluffy Low Carb Vanilla Waffles | The Big Man’s World
13. Almond Butter Blueberry Waffles | Ambitious Kitchen
14. Sweet Cashew Waffles | Amazing Paleo
15. Flourless 4 -Ingredient Banana Waffles | Easy GF Recipes
15 Low Carb Pancakes to Indulge In
1. Healthy Fluffy Low Carb Pancakes | The Big Man’s World
2. Almond Cream Cheese Pancakes | Sugar Free Londoner
3. Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes | Low Carb Yum
4. Pumpkin Pancakes | Yummy Inspirations
5. Gingerbread Pancakes with Date Syrup | Elephantastic Vegan
6. Keto Marco Cakes | Keto Connect
7. Carrot Cake Pancakes | The Roasted Root
8. Easy Almond Flour Pancakes | Wholesome Yum
9. Healthy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pancakes | The Big Man’s World
10. Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese Pancakes | Fit Views
11. Lemon Blueberry Pancakes | Every Last Bite
12. Keto Hot Cocoa Pancakes | Fit Views
13. The Ultimate Jumbo Low-Carb Chocolate Protein Pancake | Mouthwatering Motivation
14. Blueberry Banana Cinnamon Pancakes | North South Blonde
15. Fluffy Zucchini Bread Pancakes | The Big Man’s World
These keto pancake and waffle recipes are scrumptious and ideal if you’re looking to lose weight. Add them into your keto breakfast rotation and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved this post on keto pancakes and waffles, make sure to pin this post on Pinterest!
And if you want more keto recipes, make sure to follow our Health Board on Pinterest!