They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But do you know why? A good breakfast fuels you for the day ahead. It fills you up so you don’t feel hungry and distracted throughout the morning, and keeps you from feeling irritable and tired. A healthy breakfast ensures you don’t fill up on quick, high-sugar snacks before lunch, helping you keep your waistline in check. If you’re on (or thinking of doing) the keto diet, you may be wondering what to eat for breakfast. Eggs are a great source of protein and is a popular ingredient on the keto diet, but if you don’t like eggs, have an allergy to eggs, or want to switch it up, there are plenty of different options. These delicious keto breakfast recipes without eggs will fill you up and fuel your day.
What is the Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low carb diet that forces your body into a metabolic state called ketosis. Ketosis is a natural process in the body that helps us survive when food intake is low. During ketosis we produce ketones in the liver to be used as energy and fuel throughout the body, including the brain. It pretty much turns your body into a fat-burning machine!
Pssst. Does this sound too complicated?
Click HERE to get keto-approved meals plans sent straight to your inbox.
Ketones are produced when you eat minimal carbs and very moderate amounts of protein. On the keto diet, your body is fuelled almost entirely on fat. Your insulin levels drop and fat burning escalates. Optimal ketone levels are beneficial for weight loss, health, and also offer mental and physical performance benefits. On the keto diet, you’ll be less hungry and also have a steady supply of energy.
How Does the Keto Diet Help You Lose Weight?
The keto diet restricts your intake of carbs and sugars, and alters your eating habits so you’re consuming healthy, whole foods. When your body enters ketosis, it depletes your stored glucose (glycogen), and your body starts to look for an alternate fuel source (fat). When you don’t eat foods containing carbs, your body burns both the fat you eat and your body’s fat, leading to a significant loss of stored body fat. Your body releases fat and burns it for energy, and voila, you lose weight. When your body burns fat it produces ketones, and without ketones, you’re not in ketosis. The keto diet helps to promote and maintain ketosis, so following the keto diet is key to success.
Why is Breakfast Important for Weight Loss?
Eating breakfast has a number of benefits for your health, including the fact that is helps you lose weight. Breakfast kick starts your metabolism, which helps you burn more calories, and helps keep you full and satisfied until lunch. Without eating a good breakfast, you run the risk of mindless snacking throughout the morning on bad-for-you high calorie and high-sugar foods.
Skipping breakfast can throw off your body’s rhythm of fasting and eating. Breakfast helps replenish your body’s blood sugar, which is crucial for your muscles and brain to work their best. When your body isn’t fueled from food, you’ll feel low on energy and may overeat later in the day. Breakfast feeds your body the vitamins and nutrients it needs to function properly and at its best. It’s important to keep your appetite in check for the day, and a healthy breakfast is the best way to start you off.
25 Keto Breakfast Recipes without Eggs
Now that you know the facts, you can take your breakfast journey into your own hands! Here are 25 low carb breakfasts without eggs, and if you’re looking for MORE keto-approved recipes for weight loss, the Keto in Five bundle has 120 delicious recipes – 30 each for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert – with up to 5 net carbs per meal. Each recipe consists of only 5 ingredients and 5 easy steps, making them SUPER simple to make (and enjoy)!
1. Low Carb Green Smoothie Bowl | Yummy Inspirations
2. Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Bake | Kalyn’s Kitchen
3. No Nuts Keto Granola | Healthful Pursuit
4. Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausage | Peace, Love and Low Carb
5. Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie | Diet Doctor
6. Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Porridge | Low Carb Maven
7. Butternut Breakfast Meatballs | Real Simple Good
8. Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding | Low Carb Yum
9. Low Carb Acai Bowl | Grass Fed Girl
10. Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse Recipe | Yummy Inspirations
11. Baked Spiced Low Carb Granola | Peace, Love and Low Carb
12. Orange Blueberry Chia Pudding | DJ Foodie
13. Egg-Free Paleo Breakfast Bowls | Zen Belly Catering
14. Kale, Sausage and Pepper Skillet | Primal Gourmet
15. Blueberry Streusel Scones | The Healthful Pursuit
16. Low Carb Chia Pudding | Diet Doctor
17. Low Carb Keto Cinnamon Rolls | Ideal Silhouette
18. 5 Minute Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Bites | Whole New Mom
19. Paleo Grits with Savory Sausage and Mushrooms | I Heart Umami
20. Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins | Practical Stewardship
21. 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Waffles | Tasteaholics
22. The Ultimate Keto Bagel | The Nourished Caveman
23. Low Carb Ham and Cheese Stuffed Waffles | Beauty and the Foodie
24. Coconut Macadamia Bars | Low Carb Yum
25. 5 Minute Low Carb Smoothie Bowl | Tasteaholics
If you’re looking for delicious and filling recipes for breakfast without eggs, here are 25 keto options to satisfy you! Try a new one every morning to start everyday on the right foot!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved these keto breakfast recipes without eggs, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you want more awesome keto recipes, please follow our Health Board on Pinterest!