One of my favorite parts of the holidays is that they give me an excuse to take my 4-year-old to our local craft store so we can stock up on the supplies we need to transform our home into a holiday-inspired wonderland. There’s just something so incredibly wonderful about surrounding myself with decorations made by my sweet bear, and I love watching the excitement mount in her eyes as we make different masterpieces to show off to her grandparents and aunts and uncles on the big day.
Now, one thing you’ve probably figured out about me is that, while I love to do fun things with my daughter, I am absolutely terrible at coming up with my own ideas.
And I may or may not have decorated our dining table with this turkey centerpiece one year.
The good news is that the wonderful world of Pinterest has offered me so many amazing options since that embarrassing experience, and after spending an hour or so searching through all of the awesome DIY Thanksgiving decorations for kids other people have perfected, I have so many amazing Thanksgiving-inspired boredom busters to keep my daughter and I occupied on cold weather days when it’s too miserable to walk to our local Starbucks for my pumpkin fix.
Here are 25 of my faves.
1. Corn Sun Catchers (Sow Sprout Play)
2. Thanksgiving Footprint Turkey with Tissue Paper Stained Glass Wings (Meaningful Mama)
3. Refrigerator Jack-O-Lantern (Anything for an m&m)
4. Thanksgiving Fingerprint Tree (Apartment Therapy)
5. Painted Acorns (Home Stories A to Z)
6. Thankful Handprint Pumpkin (The Melrose Family)
7. Turkey Napkin Rings (Rae Gun Ramblings)
8. Handy’ Thanksgiving Wreath (Education)
9. Easy I am Thankful Pumpkin (The Moffatt Girls)
10. Thom The Turkey Tulle Wreath (Baby Rabies)
11. Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Magnet (This Girl’s Life)
12. DIY Thanksgiving Table Runner (Hometalk)
13. Corn Wreath (1 Pure Heart)
14. The Thankful Tree (The Thrifty Couple)
15. Paper Pumpkins (DIY Inspired)
16. DIY Fall Leaves Garland (A Beautiful Mess)
17. Fall Mason Jar Craft (Sugar Bee Crafts)
18. Indian Corn Thanksgiving Favors (Shaken Together)
19. Thanksgiving Table Decor For Kids (The Ruche Blog)
20. Pottery Barn Inspired Fall Leaf Art (Our Creative Life)
21. Paper Loop Turkey (Free Kids Crafts)
22. Terra Cotta Pot Turkey Craft (Crafty Morning)
23. Halloween Patchwork Pumpkin (The Butcher, The Baker, & The Craft Maker)
24. Pilgrim Hat Crayon Cups (Lil’ Luna)
25.Thanksgiving Name Card DIY Kids Craft (Or So She Says)
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked these DIY Thanksgiving decorations for kids, please share them on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Kids board on Pinterest where we share all kinds of fantastic arts, crafts, and activities to keep you and your little ones entertained!