Breakfast is better on the grill. It may not be the first thing you think about when choosing a morning meal, but believe it or not, it’s always a good time to barbecue – and die-hard grilling lovers will agree.
You don’t need to wait until dinnertime to start grilling. The morning offers a dose of sunshine and fresh air, and breakfast made on the grill feels heartier and satisfying – whether you’re grilling at home, at a tailgate party, or at a campground.
If you want to try it for yourself, these 25 delicious BBQ breakfast recipes are sure to please grownups and kids alike.
14 Breakfast BBQ Essentials to Invest In
Make the most of your breakfast grilling by investing in some of these essentials:
- Skewers – You’ll want to stock up on both metal and wooden skewers to grill up pieces of bread, meat, fruit, or veggies.
- Thermometer – If you’re grilling up any type of meat, you’ll want to have a meat thermometer on hand to ensure you’ve reached the right temperature.
- Aluminum foil – Aluminum foil made for the grill will help avoid rips, help small foods from falling through, and lock in any liquids, preventing them from spilling.
- Dutch oven – A Dutch oven allows you to make eggs and potatoes as well as biscuits, pancakes, and more.
- Cast iron pan – Having a cast iron pan or cast iron griddle on hand will help you cook up anything from bacon and eggs to French toast and pancakes.
- BBQ grill mat – These flexible grill sheets act as a griddle for your barbecue, giving you a nice, flat, surface. Plus, they’re easy to clean.
- Pizza or baking stone – This versatile stone can be used on the grill as well as your oven to cook up a pizza or a batch of biscuits.
- Steel bacon rack – Avoid all that bacon grease with this steel bacon rack.
- Grill top – If you don’t have a barbecue, you can grill right over a campfire with this grill top.
- Silicone tools – If you’re using a grill sheet or mat, you can avoid damaging it by using silicone barbecue tools.
- Metal tools – A good set of metal barbecue tools will help you baste, flip, or skewer.
- Grilling mitts – These grilling mitts are a must when it comes to cooking on the grill, protecting your hands from high temperatures.
- Cutting board – A great cutting board can be used for grill side prep as well as serving.
- Percolator – Brew a perfect cup of joe right on your grill top with this durable, enamelware percolator.
10 Breakfast Foods You Can Cook on the BBQ
When it comes to barbecuing, there are many different breakfast foods you can cook on the barbecue instead of your stovetop or oven. Expand your cooking horizons by barbecuing some of these popular breakfast foods on your grill:
- Eggs – A breakfast basic, you can grill up a batch of scrambled or fried eggs, an omelet, or even a frittata, right on the grill.
- Breakfast Sausage Links and Patties – Sausage cooks up perfectly on a grill. Just make sure to rotate it regularly to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Hash Browns – If you love your hash browns nice and crispy, a grill will help you get them nice and brown every time.
- Breakfast/Country Style Potatoes – A cast iron pan or griddle on your barbecue will give your potatoes a delicious, smoky flavor.
- Bacon – You can make a batch of bacon on a grill using a pan or rack.
- Pancakes – All you need is a griddle top or cast-iron pan to make a stack of pancakes on your grill.
- French Toast – Like its cousin the pancake, French toast can be made easily on a barbecue grill using a cast iron skillet, griddle, or metal skewer.
- Ham Steaks – Ham steaks are easy to cook up right on the grill, no pan or mat needed.
- Bagels, English muffins, or Toast – Who needs a toaster when you can get that same crispy outside on your grill?
- Coffee – Coffee lovers, rejoice! You can get your morning dose of caffeine right on your grill.
25 BBQ Breakfast Recipes To Try This Summer
- BBQ Breakfast Bomb | Chefclub
- Camping Breakfast Sandwich | The Adventure Bite
- Breakfast on the Grill | Food Network
- French Toast on a Grill | Fresh off the Grid
- Mexican Breakfast Molletes | Blackstone
- Campfire Donuts | Must Have Mom
- Foil-Packet Potatoes and Sausage | Taste of Home
- Quick and Easy Campfire Apple Crisp | Fresh off the Grid
- Pizza Stone Grilled Breakfast Sandwich | Food Network
- Beer-Can Breakfast Burgers | Barbecue Bible
- Eggs on the Grill | Allrecipes
- Banana Bread Pancakes | Fresh off the Grid
- Blueberry-Cinnamon Campfire Bread | Taste of Home
- Grilled French Toast Kebabs | Food Network
- BBQ Brisket Breakfast Tacos | Traeger
- Epic Grilled Breakfast Charcuterie Board | The Reluctant Entertainer
- Dutch Oven Dutch Baby | Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Grilled Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Zucchini Boats | Food Network
- Grilled Bacon and Eggs Chipotle Breakfast Pizza | McCormick
- Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich | Fresh off the Grid
- Grilled Breakfast Tacos | Food Network
- Cinnamon Monkey Bread Foil Packets | Gimme Some Grilling
- Campfire Cinnamon Rolls | Dessert Now Dinner Later
- Cast Iron Frittata | Fresh off the Grid
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches | Food Network
Combine barbecuing with breakfast with these 25 BBQ breakfast recipes.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you enjoyed this list of delicious BBQ Breakfast Recipes, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more tasty recipes, please follow our Food board!