If you know me well, you’re probably aware that I’m extremely uncoordinated, cry at sappy movies and commercials, love drinking wine, and spend RIDICULOUS amounts of time on Pinterest searching for anything from makeup tutorials and hair tips to yummy recipes and cocktail ideas to parenting advice and kids activities.
It’s my go-to place for EVERYTHING, and while I often find exactly what I’m looking for within moments of typing in my keywords in the search bar (and almost always go off on at least 25 tangents while sorting through the search results), I’m always disappointed with the lack of Canada Day crafts and activities for kids I find each year.
I feel like there are 400 million 4th of July activities, but once you start looking for red-and-white ideas involving maple leaves, it’s game-over.
Of course, my daughter doesn’t particularly enjoy doing crafts, and I’m not always a huge fan of the tantrums that threaten to ensue every time I suggest we get out the markers and construction paper, so I always let this lack of Pinterest Canadiana slide.
But this year is different.
You see, we just moved into a new home in a fabulous neighborhood, and as it’s the first time my daughter has experienced the joys of living in a house instead of a condo in the summertime, I simply have to teach her a little patriotism and insist we decorate our front porch in as much red and white as possible on July 1st.
So I searched high and low and rounded up 25 crazy fun Canada Day crafts for kids that I think my fellow Canadians are going to love.
But before I get to those, I wanted to tell you about 3 fabulous kids activities books I recently stumbled upon: 101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever! by Holly Homer and Rachel Miller, The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments by Holly Homer, Rachel Miller, and Jamie Harrington, and 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids by Asia Citro. Each of these are filled with boredom buster ideas to keep you and your little ones from climbing the walls, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with them.
And now for those Canada Day crafts…
1. Canada Day God’s Eye (Happy Hooligans)
2. Mountie Craft (DLTK’s)
3. Inukshuk Treats (HubPages)
4. Flag Foot Stamp (Twin Dragonfly Designs)
5. Canada Day Flip Flops (Happy Hooligans)
6. Canada Day Wreath (DLTK’s)
7. Canada Day Streamer Wands (One Time Through)
8. Canadian Beaver Puppet (Walmart Live Better)
9. Fireworks Ring (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
10. Canada Day Windsock (One Time Through)
11. Handprint Flag (Meet the Dubiens)
12. Noisemaker Craft (Family Crafts)
13. Red and White Pinwheels (Canadian Living)
14. Canada Day Sun Visor (Activity Village)
15. Canadian Flag Coloring Page (Artists Helping Children)
16. Canada Day Magnets (Canadian Family)
17. Leaf Rubbings (First Palette)
18. Canada Flag Pebble (Enchanted Learning)
19. Coffee Can Drum (DLTK’s)
20. Stained Glass Canadian Flags (Two Big, Too Little)
21. Canada Paper Quilt (First School)
22. Sugar Cube Igloo (HubPages)
23. Beaver Paper Crown (Artsy Craftsy Mom)
24. Handprint Beaver (Sweet and Lovely Crafts)
25. Canada Day Lantern (DLTK’s)
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this collection of Canada Day crafts and activities for kids, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of great ideas!