If you and/or your kids are allergic to eggs, and you’re on the hunt for simple and easy homemade eggless cake recipes, this post is just what you need! We’ve curated the best of the best, including a range of different types of cakes for every palate and dietary need. Whether you prefer something simple like vanilla or chocolate cake, or want something extravagant like red velvet, banana, or mango cake, these recipes are healthy, easy, moist, and delicious!
7 Egg Substitutes for Baking
Eggs are often a key ingredient in desserts because they are binding, help baked goods rise, and add favour, moisture, richness, and fluffiness. Thankfully, there are lots of easy ways you can substitute eggs in recipes, and we’re excited to share our favorites below!
- Applesauce. Applesauce is an incredibly easy egg substitute as you can buy it already made at your local grocery store. Remember that if you use sweetened applesauce, you may need to adjust the amount of sugar/sugar substitutes you use. 1/4 cup of applesauce will replace one egg.
- Mashed banana. Mashed bananas make baked goods dense and moist, making them the perfect egg substitute for rich desserts like cakes and brownies. The only drawback is that your desserts may have a slight banana taste to them. Similar to applesauce, 1/4 cup of mashed banana will replace one egg.
- Ground flax seed + water. If you’re baking heavier desserts like waffles, muffins, and breads, this is a great egg substitute to try. You can buy flaxseed already ground, or grind them yourself with a food processor. 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water will replace one egg.
- Vinegar + baking soda. This egg substitute is great for cakes and cupcakes as it tends to make desserts light and airy. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of vinegar to replace one egg.
- Yogurt or buttermilk. If you have yogurt or buttermilk on hand, 1/4 cup of either will replace one egg.
- Pureed silken tofu. Like ground flax seed and water, silken tofu can make baked goods dense, so this is a great egg substitute to use if you’re baking muffins or cakes. 1/4 cup of pureed silken tofu replaces one egg.
- Nut butters. Perfect for brownies and cookies, 3 tablespoons of your nut butter of choice replaces one egg.
21 Eggless Cake Recipes
Foulproof Vanilla Cake | The Big Man’s World
Chocolate Crazy Cake | Sweet Little Bluebird
Eggless Red Velvet Cake | Mommy’s Home Cooking
Best Eggless Cheesecake | Great Secret of Life
Marble Cake | Hebbars Kitchen
Sponge Cake | The Indian Claypot
Devils Food Cake | Yummy Tummy
Gingerbread Cake | Dassana’s Veg Recipes
Cherry Almond Cake | Blend with Spices
Carrot Cake | Swasthi’s Recipes
Depression-Era Chocolate Cake | Our Heritage of Health
Lemon Blueberry Cake | The Big Man’s World
Mango Loaf Cake | Aromatic Essence
Lemon Crazy Cake | Sweet Little Bluebird
Flourless Lemon Poppyseed Cake | The Big Man’s World
No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake | Cooking with Karli
Banana Walnut Cake | A Small Bite
Black Forest Cake | Swasthi’s Recipes
Vanilla Pastry Cake | A Small Bite
Tiramisu | The Unlikely Baker
Biscoff Cake | Baked By Clo
If you or someone you love has an egg sensitivity or allergy, that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy traditional cakes and treats. I hope you enjoy this collection of eggless cake recipes as much as I have!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this collection of eggless cake recipes, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious recipes to try, please follow our Food board where we share all kinds of yummy ideas we find each day.