There are lots of adorable crafts you can make with a simple sock that don’t require a single stitch. Kids can create no-sew sock crafts including dolls, puppets, animals, toys, and so much more. They require no special skills, and kids can make them by themselves or with minimal help from an adult.
These 20 no-sew sock crafts are the perfect activity, allowing your kids to express themselves in fun ways.
9 Craft Supplies to Invest In
- Poly-fil stuffing – The more that you add, the firmer your sock craft will be. Be sure to pay attention to the instructions to find out the best amount of stuffing to add to each section.
- Small rubber bands – Tiny rubber bands or hair ties can help to secure your poly-fil in different areas and keep it from shifting. You can find plenty of options online or at your local dollar store.
- Twine – If you don’t have any small rubber bands or prefer to use something else to secure your sections, consider using some twine. Simply wrap the twine around your sock a few times to create a secure base before knotting it.
- Fabric markers – Add lots of details to your sock like eyes, a mouth, or even whiskers with a fabric marker. It won’t smudge or rinse off if your project gets wet.
- Googly eyes – A pair of google eyes can bring your sock craft to life and give it personality. They come in a variety of styles and colors to help you find your perfect peepers.
- Hot glue gun – Grab a hot glue gun to secure all those important details to your sock. Look for one that has different temperature settings. Lower temperatures mean that your glue sticks will not only melt slowly, but also be safer for small hands.
- Craft scissors – High-quality craft scissors are a must. Sharp edges will help you cut smoothly through any type or thickness of sock as well as any accessories you may be using to decorate it, reducing frayed and shredded edges.
- Colored felt – Felt can be cut into a variety of different shapes and sizes to create important features like noses or beards. It can also be used to craft accessories like hats or scarves.
- Mini pom poms – These tiny pom pom balls make the perfect eyes for your no sew sock craft. They come in lots of colors and attach easily using a little hot glue.
3 No Sew Sock Craft Tips
- Pick the right sock – Each craft requires a different size or texture of sock. If you’re using a pair of old socks, check them ahead of time for holes or worn areas. The larger the sock, the easier it will be to create a wide variety of projects. You can keep a bag or basket handy to collect those lost socks that always seem to accumulate in your laundry room.
- Fill your sock easily – If you need to fill your sock with something loose like rice or dried beans, you’ll want to try this trick. Start by stretching the opening of your sock over a large cup. Then pour in your rice or beans until you reach the required amount.
- Try a different stuffing – And if you’re in a pinch or you can’t find poly-fil, try using a different type of stuffing you probably have lying around your house. An old pillow can give you plenty of usable, soft stuffing. Simply cut the corner off the pillow and pull out stuffing as you need it. If the stuffing is flat, you can use your fingers to fluff it back to life. Cotton balls also work well to stuff smaller areas of your sock craft. Or you can find a bag of shredded memory foam online.
20 No Sew Sock Crafts Kids Can Make
- No Sew Sock Worms | One Little Project
- No-Sew Sock Bunny | HGTV
- Sock Gnomes | Gluesticks
- No Sew Sock Bear | Theresa Cottone
- No-Sew Sock Santa Craft | Easy Peasy and Fun
- No Sew Sock Octopus | CraftBits
- Easy Feather Boa Sock Puppet | One Little Project
- No Sew Sock Dog | Dynamic Dad
- No-Sew Sock Snowman | Art Beat
- No Sew Sock Puppets | Mas & Pas
- No-Sew Sock Witch | All Free Crafts
- No Sew Sock Pumpkin Craft | Meaningful Mama
- DIY No Sew Sock Penguin | DIY Joy
- No-Sew Silly Shark Sock Puppet | Kids Activities
- Reindeer No-Sew Sock Puppets | All Free Kids Crafts
- DIY No-Sew Stuffed Sock Animals | Handmade Charlotte
- No Sew Sock Owls | Sun Hats & Wellie Boots
- No Sew Eye Pillows | Mosaic Kids Yoga
- No Sew Sock Dresses | Brandys Happy Home
- No Sew Sock Bean Bags | Be a Fun Mum
Finally, a use for those extra socks! Find a fun new way to use them with these 20 no sew sock crafts you can make with your kids.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved this list of no sew sock crafts, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more kids activities, please follow our Kids Activities board!