Tape crafts are a fun, colorful, and easy way to get creative!
This go-to crafting tool will allow you to design and create endlessly with all of the beautiful, bright colors and patterns.
Now it’s time to be inspired by these 20 tape crafts for kids of all ages!
4 Tips for Crafting with Tape
Crafting with tape couldn’t be easier. However, there are 4 tips you should know before you get started.
- Keep your tape sticky – When using tape, it just makes sense to keep the surface sticky. Avoid cutting your tape until just before you need to use it and be sure to grip it just at the ends.
- Choose the right marker – Most tape surfaces are slick. Therefore, not all markers will work when it comes to writing or drawing on your tape. Choose a permanent marker, as it dries quickly and won’t rub off easily.
- Remove tape right away – If you’ve painted over your tape, don’t wait for it to dry completely before removing it. Gently removing the tape while the paint is still wet will help you achieve cleaner lines.
- Storing your tape – Keep those tape rolls organized and easy to grab by storing them in a creative way, such as a pegboard, mug rack, or paper towel holder.
8 Tape Craft Essentials
Ready to get creative? Make sure you grab these 8 tape craft essentials first.
- Assortment of different types of tape – Grab as many different varieties of tape as you can, including washi tape, painters tape, and duct tape. The more colors and patterns the better!
- Markers – If you want to write or draw on the tape you’re using, make sure to have some permanent markers on hand.
- Magnets – Many tape crafts are lightweight and by sticking on a few small magnets you can display your latest creation on your fridge.
- Scissors – You can always tear your tape, but a sharp pair of scissors will create a clean line every time.
- Glue – Depending on your project, you’ll want to have the right glue on hand, whether it’s a glue stick, white glue, or a hot glue gun.
- Craft sticks – Craft sticks are the perfect base for wrapping your tape around.
- Ruler or measuring tape – If your project requires equal lengths of tape, a ruler or measuring tape will help you get the right length.
- Fun embellishments – The more the better! Grab some googly eyes, pipe cleaners, pom pom balls, glitter, ribbons, or whatever your heart desires.
8 Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Duct tape isn’t just for those home-repair projects around the house. You may be surprised to find that it’s a fantastic crafting tool.
- Notebook Covers – Fiskars
- Water Bottle Holder – Sarah Jane’s Craft Blog
- Tote Bag | Little Birdie Secrets
- Duct Tape Sword & Shield | 30 Minute Crafts
- Cuff Bracelets | Happy Hooligans
- Bottle Cap Checkers | Angie Holden
- Duct Tape Drum | Minne Mama
- Homemade Bookmarks | Happy Hooligans
5 Painters Tape Crafts for Kids
Have some leftover painters tape lying around? Grab a roll and you’re ready to try some of these painters tape crafts!
- Painters Tape Canvas Art – Eighteen 25
- Paint Resist Skeleton – The Artful Parent
- Cardboard Canvas – Preschool Tool Kit
- Large Scale Art – The Artful Parent
- Tape Art Monogram – Childhood 101
- Striped Metallic Bracelet – Project Kid
7 Washi Tape Crafts for Kids
Washi tape has grown in popularity over the years. And it’s easy to see why. Take a peek at some of these simple, colorful washi tape crafts.
- Colorful Washi Tape Butterflies | Artsy Mama
- Craft Stick Dolls | MollyMooCrafts
- Washi Tape Flowers | The Benson Street
- Washi Tape Ribbon Wands | The Simply Crafted Life
- Washi Tape Spinning Drums | Julep
- Washi Tape Pencils | Passion for Savings
- Washi Tape Stickers | Red Ted Art
Kids of all ages can get in on the craft tape fun. Choose your favorite project, and use your imagination to create some amazing tape crafts for kids!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this collection of tape crafts for kids, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more kids activities, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of great ideas we find each day!