I’m not sure how or when or why, but I’ve recently developed a love for cooking and have spent a lot of time over the last few weeks trying to find the perfect side dishes to go with all of the different meat and fish concoctions I’ve been testing out.
And it’s been a lot of fun.
But all of this time in the kitchen is cutting into my gym time, which isn’t good for my bum and thighs, so I decided it was time to find some healthy salad recipes that won’t take hours to prepare but will still keep my husband and me full for the night so we don’t end up polishing off a bag of chips while catching up on Netflix.
I haven’t had a chance to try all of these yet, but they all look delicious so I couldn’t resist sharing them with all of you!
1. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad (Creme de la Crumb)
2. Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers and Avocado in a Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette (Once Upon a Chef)
3. Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad (Gimme Some Oven)
4. Pear, Pomegranate and Spinach Salad (Cooking Classy)
5. Chicken Taco Salad (Life in the Lofthouse)
6. Pineapple Spinach Salad (The Food Charlatan)
7. Southwest Pepper Jack Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa Dressing (Carlsbad Cravings)
8. Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad (skinnytaste.com)
9. Kale Salad with Warm Cranberry Vinaigrette (Gimme Some Oven)
10. Cranberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Chicken and Orange Poppy Seed Dressing (Cooking Classy)
11. Caprese Avocado Salad (Damn Delicious)
12. Skinny Chickpea Summer Salad (Skinny Mom)
13. Cucumber Tomato Salad (The Blond Cook)
14. Thai Chicken Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce (My Kitchen Escapades)
15. Broccoli Apple Salad (The Recipe Critic)
16. BBQ Chicken Salad (Damn Delicious)
17. Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad (Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom)
18. Grape, Avocado and Arugula Salad (Gimme Some Oven)
19. Apple Pecan Feta Spinach Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette (Cooking Classy)
20. Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad (Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
Did you know I spend a lot of time pinning FANTASTIC recipes on Pinterest? It’s true! Check out my Chance of Food board below for some meal-planning inspiration!