If you’re looking for new and exciting activities for kids to beat the boredom blues on bad weather days, this collection of drinking straw crafts for kids is a great place to start. There are so many fun ideas in this list, including great science experiments and fine motor activities, which makes these crafts educational as well as fun!
We’re particularly excited to try numbers 4 and 10!
1. Straw Blown Paintings (The Imagination Tree)
2. Straw Rockets (The Pleasantest Thing)
3. Balloon Rocket Experiment (What Do We Do All Day?)
4. Make Your Own Kerplunk Game (Meri Cherry)
5. Friendship Bracelets (Kidlutions)
6. Building Activity for Kids: Straws and Paper Towel Rolls (Frugal Fun for Boys)
7. DIY Duck Call (All for The Boys)
8. Straw Javelin Throw (Toddler Approved)
9. Singing Straws (Handmade Charlotte)
10. Drinking Straw Maze Toy Craft (Preschool Crafts for Kids)
11. Homemade Hawaiian Leis (Crafting Chicks)
12. No Suck Bubble Pipe (Twodaloo)
13. Bowl of Worms (Instructables)
14. Water Drop Races (What Do We Do All Day?)
15. Soda Straw Weaving (Kid At Art)
16. Paper Straw Christmas Ornaments (Simple As That)
17. Racing Pom Pom Balls (Frugal Fun for Boys)
18. Drinking Straw Sensory Tub (I Can Teach My Child)
19. Flowers From Drinking Straws (KROKOTAK)
20. Fireworks Craft for Kids Using Straws (Crafty Morning)
If you’re looking for more fun, engaging, and educational kids crafts, activities, and boredom busters to help you have more fun with your kids, check out my Fun With Kids board below!