Rotisserie chicken is a wonderful thing, and a popular choice for many shoppers, helping you get a real meal on the table in a flash. It gets its name from how it’s cooked, on a rotisserie or on a rotating pole inside a hot oven. You can find them ready to go in most large grocery or big-box stores.
What makes rotisserie chickens taste the way they do is their secret ingredient – salt. The birds are typically injected, or brined, with a special saline or salt solution before cooking, along with other flavorings or sweeteners, giving them a unique taste and texture. It’s hard to resist the crispy skin or the wonderful aroma of the roasted meat.
The great thing about having rotisserie chicken on hand is it makes it easy to whip up a last-minute meal quickly and easily. You’ll always have inspiration on hand with our list of 17 leftover rotisserie chicken recipes.
4 Easy Steps to Prepare Your Rotisserie Chicken
When you bring your chicken home from the store, be sure to take some time to prep it before putting it in the fridge. The chicken is much easier to take apart when it’s warm. These 4 steps will help you find every last piece of meat and get the most out of your rotisserie chicken. You’ll thank us later.
- Start by cutting through the skin on one side, removing the drumstick and thigh. Then do the same on the other side.
- Next, remove the wings on each side at the joints.
- Then, pull back the skin using your hands and find the backbone of the chicken. Using a knife along the breastbone, separate the meat from each side. You can also separate it using your hands.
- Finish up by removing the extra chicken pieces from the top and bottom of the chicken. You can save the carcass if you’d like to make your own chicken stock.
You can find a great detailed video showing you how to do each step right HERE.
17 Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
When you already have cooked and ready-to-eat rotisserie chicken on hand, complicated or time-consuming recipes suddenly become more manageable. The proof is in these 17 leftover chicken recipes.
- Shredded Chicken Tacos with Chipotle and Avocado | The Daily Meal – Who doesn’t love tacos? Shredded rotisserie chicken gets a smoky, fiery sauce that makes for one flavorful meal.
- Easy Rotisserie Chicken Nachos | Simply Delicious – Spicy, cheesy, and crispy, these rotisserie chicken nachos can be put together without any hassle. They make the perfect late-night meal or weekend snack to share with friends.
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup | Two Peas & Their Pod – Comforting and creamy, rotisserie chicken makes for a unique twist on the traditional pot pie recipe. It’s a meal kids and adults will love.
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza | Girl Heart Food – Tonight, skip that pizza delivery and put together a BBQ chicken pizza in minutes. Taste it, and you’ll see why we love it.
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken and Potato Casserole | Make Your Meals – Using ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or pantry, this chicken and potato casserole features tender vegetables and a creamy sauce.
- Coconut Curry Chicken | Taste & Tell – Leftover rotisserie chicken gives this recipe texture and flavor. With just one pot, you’ll have a meal ready to dish up in minutes.
- Rotisserie Chicken Tamale Casserole | Jo Cooks – Easy to make at home, these tamales have tons of flavor, minus all the work of traditional tamales. With loads of cheese, chicken, and sauce, it’s a true comfort meal.
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich | Food.com – Grab those rotisserie chicken leftovers to create a sandwich that will tickle your taste buds, with crispy bread and melty cheddar cheese.
- White Chicken Chili | Once Upon a Chef – A great alternative to most chili recipes that use beef, hearty white chicken along with beans and veggies is both filling and flavorful in just minutes.
- Rotisserie Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole | Bunny’s Warm Oven – Crunchy breadcrumbs and a chicken broth gravy make this casserole deliciously comforting. It’s a no-fuss meal your whole family will love.
- Chicken Pasta Primavera Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette | The Daily Meal – Make this colorful pasta salad for a quick lunch or dinner. Fresh vegetables and a creamy vinaigrette give it just the right flavor.
- Chicken Mushroom and Spinach Lasagna | Little Broken – If you love lasagna, you’ll want to try this fresh and flavorful twist on a classic. In less than 30 minutes, it will keep you coming back for more.
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles | Dinners, Dishes, & Desserts – For those that love the flavor of a chicken pot pie, you need to whip up this noodle version. It has all the veggies and chicken you love, along with a creamy sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Pimento Cheese Pizza Bagels | A Spicy Perspective – Who knew pizza could taste like this? With only seven simple ingredients, this recipe is a no brainer.
- Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas | Shibley Smiles – Nothing satisfies a craving for something salty and savory quite like a cheese quesadilla. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Fried Rice | Kitchen Stories – A unique way to use up that leftover rotisserie chicken, this fried rice is better than take out. You’ll love the fragrant herbs and fresh veggies combined with juicy chicken and sesame seeds.
- Loaded Alfredo Pasta with Chicken and Vegetables | Eat This Not That – Fettuccine noodles tossed with rotisserie chicken and creamy alfredo sauce come to life with cremini mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes.
These 17 simple and delicious leftover rotisserie chicken recipes will have you wondering why you never tried it before.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you enjoyed this collection of these leftover rotisserie chicken recipes, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious recipes, please follow our Food board!