Who doesn’t love cookies? If you’re craving a warm, freshly baked cookie but don’t want to make an entire batch, single serve cookies are the answer!
Single serve cookies are exactly what they sound like—small, portioned cookies made for one person. Unlike traditional recipes, they are designed to provide a quick and easy way to satisfy your cookie cravings without the time and effort needed for a large batch. Baked to perfection in just a matter of minutes, they require minimal ingredients, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth in a pinch.
And best of all, single serve cookies can be customized to suit your preferences. From classic chocolate chip to decadent peanut butter, and everything in between, you can experiment with different flavors, mix-ins, and toppings to create your perfect cookie. The possibilities are endless. You can add nuts, dried fruits, or even a swirl of Nutella to create a unique treat every time. Plus, they make an excellent base for dessert creations like ice cream sandwiches or cookie crumbles!
Find your favorite with these 11 satisfying single serve cookie recipes.
How to Make Single-Serve Cookies
We’ve gathered a list of our favorite tips, hacks, and must-have products to enhance your single-serve cookie experience, along with a basic recipe you can use to get started.
1. Use softened butter – Softening the butter before creaming it with the sugars ensures a smooth and well-incorporated dough every time. Use room temperature butter to help your dough mix more easily and to create a better texture in your cookies.
2. Cookie scoop or ice cream scoop – A cookie scoop or ice cream scoop is a great tool to have on hand when making single-serve cookies. Using a cookie scoop ensures that your single-serve cookie is perfectly rounded, resulting in even baking.
3. Experiment with flavors – Single-serve cookies are a great opportunity to try out new flavors and combinations. Try incorporating spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom, or add a dash of espresso powder for a subtle coffee flavor. Don’t be afraid to get creative and add your favorite extracts or flavorings.
4. Small mixing bowls – Having a set of small mixing bowls allows you to portion out the ingredients accurately and mix the dough efficiently. Look for bowls that are microwave-safe for added convenience.
5. Silicone baking mats – These reusable mats are great for single-serve cookies as they provide a non-stick surface and help with even baking. They also eliminate the need for parchment paper and are easy to clean.
6. Adjust baking time – Keep a close eye on your cookie while it bakes. Since single-serve cookies are smaller than traditional ones, they require less time in the oven. Start checking for doneness around the 8-minute mark and bake for a few minutes longer if needed.
7. Microwave option – If you’re in a hurry and don’t have access to an oven, you can even make single-serve cookies in the microwave. Simply shape the dough into a cookie shape and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Cook on high for 40-60 seconds, checking for doneness at regular intervals. The texture will be softer than oven-baked cookies, but it’s a quick and convenient alternative.
8. Microwavable mugs or ramekins – For microwave-baked single-serve cookies, having microwave-safe mugs or ramekins with a suitable size is essential. They provide the perfect vessel for your quick cookie fix.
Basic Single-Serve Cookie Recipe
Making single-serve cookies is a straightforward process that doesn’t require extensive baking skills. Get started with this basic recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruits, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Avoid overmixing, as it can result in a tougher cookie.
- If desired, fold in your preferred mix-ins. Chocolate chips are a classic choice, but feel free to get creative!
- Shape the dough into a single cookie, about 2 inches in diameter. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave enough space between the cookies, as they will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is slightly soft. Remember, the cookies will continue to cook as they cool, so it’s better to underbake them slightly for a chewy texture.
- Allow the cookie to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm or wait until they have cooled completely for a firmer texture.
11 Satisfying Single Serve Cookie Recipes
Now that you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time to have some fun with one of these satisfying single serve cookie recipes.
- One Big Chocolate Chip Cookie | Cooking Classy
- One Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie | Sally’s Baking Recipes
- Single-Serve Peanut Butter Cookie | Chocolate Covered Katie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie for One | Good Life Eats
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe | One Dish Kitchen
- Giant Double Chocolate Cookie For One | Just So Tasty
- One Giant Sugar Cookie | Sally’s Baking Recipes
- XXL Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Brownie Cookie | My Happy Place
- Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie | Homemade in the Kitchen
- Recipe for One Oatmeal Raisin Cookie | Cooking Classy
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie for One | Bellewood Cottage
Single-serve cookies offer a delightful way to enjoy the comforting taste of freshly baked treats without the need for a full batch. Their instant gratification, and customizable nature make them a unique and special treat for any occasion. So, the next time you’re craving a warm, gooey cookie, don’t hesitate to whip up a single serving of cookie heaven with one of these 11 satisfying single serve cookie recipes.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved this list of single serve cookie recipes, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more tasty dessert recipes, please follow our Food board!