When I was out walking around the mall with my daughter the other day, I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror as I was chasing after her, and I stopped dead in my tracks.
What HAPPENED to me?
I used to spend time making myself look pretty in the mornings, I was up-to-date on fashion trends, and I always had manicured nails.
But motherhood has changed all of that.
Not because I don’t WANT to look good, mind you, but because I simply don’t have the time or the energy these days.
Am I alone on this one?
Well that’s good.
Because misery loves company.
And you’ll enjoy this funny list of the 10 ways I’ve changed since I became a mom.
1. My boobs are smaller than they were in 7th grade.
2. I no longer get my hair cut every 6-8 weeks. Instead, I wait until my split ends are AT LEAST an inch long before heading to the salon.
3. Even though I am full of fabulous tips to help YOU get back into a regular exercise routine, I often trade my workouts for a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Sometimes 2 boxes.
4. I’ve ditched my expensive shampoos, conditioners, & straightening balms for my husband’s Head and Shoulders shampoo. And I don’t even have dandruff.
5. I’ve become one of those annoying women who feels cold all the time.
6. I very rarely go to the salon to get my eyebrows waxed. And when I do, I make sure to ask the beautician to do something drastic. Like shave them all off. Or dye them black.
7. I’m jealous of women who drive minivans.
8. I’ve cooked all but 5 of the meals I’ve eaten in the last 2 years myself.
9. I spend at least 90% of my day in my pajamas.
10. The first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is: “Do-do-do-do Dora! Do-do-do Dora! Do-do-do Dora! Do-do-do Dora!”
How have YOU changed since you became a parent?