Whether you’re considering getting your first tattoo, or are inked already, a tiny tattoo is the perfect choice. Tiny tattoos are pretty, simple and can be easily hidden. They’re perfect for the minimalist and can be placed pretty much anywhere on your body. There are certain things to consider when getting a tattoo, such as which design to go for and where it will look best. We’re answering all your tattoo questions here. Take a look at 10 tiny tat designs for women to inspire your next tattoo.
How to Choose a Tattoo Design
- Gather inspiration – watch your favourite movies, go to a museum, make a list of your favourite things, and listen to songs you love to spark inspiration.
- Ensure it makes you happy – do you get joyful thinking about your tattoo design? It’s a good sign you’re going to love it for a long time.
- Take advantage of social media – social platforms like Instagram and Pinterest are full of tattoo inspiration. Search and scour them and look for designs you love.
- Think ahead – ask yourself if this is something you’ll be comfortable with down the road. Try to select a design you’ll be happy with forever.
How to Choose a Tattoo Location
- Consider your design – some designs look better in certain places.
- Think about your day-to-day life – is visible art something you’re comfortable with, or do you want it to be easily hidden, or out of sight entirely?
- Try it out – cut out a printed version of the design and move it around different areas of your body to see what you like best.
- Look at inspo photos – take a look at Pinterest or Instagram to see where others placed their tiny tattoo and see what you’re drawn to.
- Consider the pain scale – some areas of the body are more painful to get inked than others, so if you don’t have a high pain tolerance, get your tattoo somewhere that won’t hurt as much.
8 Things to Consider Before Getting a Tattoo
- Choose a reputable tattoo studio or artist with a robust portfolio and lots of reviews.
- Popular studios and artists usually book up quickly and have a waiting list, so take timing into account.
- Consider your pain tolerance (a tiny tattoo is perfect if you have a poor pain threshold).
- If you’re prone to skin allergies, consult your dermatologist first.
- You may need a few touch-ups, depending on the location of your tattoo (ones on the hands fade more quickly).
- Aftercare is super important as infections can be serious. Follow the instructions from your tattoo artist and keep your tattoo out of the sun as much as possible.
- Bring a friend along to hold your hand to help with the pain.
- Take your time to think about what you want for your tattoo- it’s a permanent decision so make sure you’re ready for the commitment!
10 Tiny Tat Designs for Women to Inspire You
1. Citrus Tattoo
This lemon-shaped tattoo is so lovely, and is the perfect minimalist, tiny tattoo. It works perfectly on the wrist, but you could also get it on your hip, ankle, or foot.
2. Tiny Number Tattoo
Think of a number that’s meaningful to you in some way. It could be the birthday day of you or someone special to you, the age something meaningful happened, or your lucky number.
3. Zodiac Symbol Tattoo
This tiny Scorpio tattoo on her ring finger is perfectly hidden in plain sight. Choose your zodiac sign or the sign of someone you love for a meaningful tat that you’ll love forever.
4. Favourite City Tattoo
Whether it’s the city you live in, or one you’ve visited that stole your heart, pay homage to it with a tiny tattoo. No matter where you are in the world, it will bring back memories from that special place.
5. Motivating Quote Tattoo
Sometimes the best tattoos are the ones that motivate you or remind you that you’re capable of anything. Find a little saying that’s meaningful to you and that pushes you when you’re feeling down.
6. Single Initial Tattoo
While initial necklaces are all the rage, take it a step further by getting a tattoo of a single initial of someone who’s important to you. It could be yourself, or a person or pet that means a lot in your life.
7. Tiny Airplane Tattoo
Do you love to travel? This tiny airplane is so cute and is super significant if you’re a jet setter. It could also be meaningful if you’re someone who’s anxious to fly and is overcoming that fear.
8. Love Heart Tattoo
If you want something simple, a tiny love heart may be the way to go. You can get it anywhere on your body, although one of the most popular places to get this design is on one of your fingers. It symbolizes inner peace and love, and can also signify a commitment to another person.
9. Simple Flower Tattoo
You could choose any flower for your tattoo, but we love the simplicity of this one. For a tiny flower tattoo, you’ll want to keep the design as basic as possible and focus on the size and placement. We think the side of the wrist or behind the ear is perfect.
10. Tiny Tattoo Cluster
If you want something a little more show stopping, consider getting a bunch of tiny tattoos covering one of your hands (or both). This is such a cool girl look that goes so well with rings and painted nails.
A tiny tattoo is the best way to start your journey into tattoos. Let these designs inspire you, whether it’s your first or tenth tattoo!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this round up of tiny tat designs for women? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more inspiration? Make sure to follow our All Things Women Board on Pinterest!