Looking to focus on your personal development this year and start living your best life? We’re right there with you, and today we’re sharing our best personal development tips for women, whether you want to improve your career, relationships, self love, finances, health, or all of the above. These tips will help you live more intentionally and work toward becoming your ideal self!
What Is Personal Development?
Personal development, also known as self improvement, consists of activities designed to improve your talents, potential, health, career, and wealth. It’s a process of transformation whereby a person adopts new ways of thinking to develop new behaviours and attitudes.
In order to achieve personal growth, you need to set goals, look toward those goals, and design the best strategy to reach those goals. This will likely consist of changing up your current routine and lifestyle to start becoming the person you want to be.
Personal development is making a conscious effort to improve yourself, and allows you to become the best version of yourself. There are a number of ways to advance your personal development, from listening to podcasts, to reading books, to visualization and manifestation.
4 Best Personal Development Podcasts
1. Mindset Magic and Manifestation Podcast
This podcast, by Mikayla Jai, is all about manifesting the life of your dreams. She’s a spiritual mentor and personal development influencer, and teaches her listeners exactly how she manifested her dream life of luxury travel, multiple six-figure earning businesses, and so much more (under the age of 25). From her foolproof rituals, to manifesting more money, unlocking success and happiness, she shares it all in this podcast.
2. The Happiness Lab
The Happiness Lab is a podcast by Dr. Laurie Santos, who has studied the science of happiness and shares insight on exactly what we can do to make our lives better. From advice on building the life you want, to eating and fitness tips, to surprising things you can do to make yourself happier, she takes listeners through the latest scientific research and shares inspiring stories that will change the way you think about happiness, and life in general.
3. Morning Rae Podcast
Morning Rae, by Allana Blumberg, will inspire you to live your best life. From morning routines, to work/life balance, productivity, health, and wellness, she shares her best tips to live better in every part of your life. From episodes on managing your finances, to how to deal with rejection, managing anxiety, and so much more, it will feel like you’re getting advice from your best friend every time you listen!
4. On Purpose with Jay Shetty
On Purpose with Jay Shetty invites listeners into conversations that are designed to make you feel happier, healthier, and more healed. He interviews some of the most insightful people in the world, and truly makes you think about how you can level up your life. His interviews with experts, celebrities, and thought leaders will help you grow your mindset and build better habits so you can go through life’s ups and downs with more ease and grace.
4 Best Personal Development Books
1. Atomic Habits by James Clear
If you’re looking for easy ways to build good habits and break bad ones, this is the book for you. The author offers practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to change your habits and master tiny behaviours that lead to incredible results. Whether you want to quit smoking, lose weight, change careers, or achieve any other goal, he shares stories, tips, and science to give you a proven system that will take you to new heights!
2. Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski
This book explains why women experience burnout differently than men and provides a simple, science-based plan for women to minimize stress, manage emotions, and live a more joyful life. The authors (who are sisters) are here to end the cycle of overwhelm and exhaustion, and empower you to create positive change in your life.
3. Mind Shift: It Doesn’t Take a Genius to Think Like One by Erwin Raphael McManus
This book is based on the author’s realization that so many of us have “near-life” experiences. We almost pursue our dreams, we almost make a choice that changes everything, and if we want to live without regret, we need to make a mind shift. We need to switch our limiting beliefs to ones that help us move forward to living our full potential. In this book the author shares twelve mental frameworks that have helped some of the most accomplished people on earth create internal structures for success.
4. Professional Trouble Maker: The Fear Fighter Manual by Luvvie Ajayi Jones
This is a transformational and hilarious book about how to tackle fear and step into a life that goes beyond your wildest dreams. The author walks us through what we must get right inside ourselves so we can do the things that scare us. It’s all about how to live boldly in spite of all the things we fear, told with wit, humour and warmth.
10 Personal Development Tips for Women
- Create a vision board to channel positive energy and create a visual representation of your goals to look at everyday.
- Self-reflect consistently and be honest to yourself about what you can change in order to be better – in your job, relationships, fitness journey, eating patterns, etc.
- Create a morning and nighttime routine to boost your healthy habits.
- Read for at least 15 to 30 minutes each day, whether it’s fiction or non-fiction.
- Look up words you don’t know to improve reading comprehension and become more sophisticated in your writing and speech.
- Sort what isn’t serving you from what is serving you, so you know what (and who) to spend your time and energy on.
- Meditate everyday to slow down, focus your mind, and learn how to cope with stressful situations when they arise.
- Avoid negative, toxic thoughts and replace them with positive, productive thinking.
- Be curious and ask questions if you’re not sure of something. Continued learning is one of the best ways to grow and become your best self.
- Don’t underestimate the power of consistency. Showing up everyday a little bit better will lead to significant changes in the future.
Personal development is so important to create your best, most fulfilled, and happiest life. We hope you love these tips, podcasts and books!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy these personal development tips for women? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more self improvement tips? Make sure to follow our All Things Women Board on Pinterest!