I don’t know about you, but I am not a fan of winter.
Snow, ice, and windchill warnings.
Mitts, scarves, boots, and winter coats.
Everyone coughing and sneezing all over us whenever we go outside.
Those little, painful cracks that infest my hands from using so much hand sanitizer.
Winter weight gain.
I hate all of it.
But whenever I say the words “it’s snowing!”, my little girl’s face lights up like a Christmas tree, so I’m trying really hard not to dampen her spirits.
The good news is that we live in a condo, so I don’t have to spend a great deal of time outdoors, but for those rare occasions when we make the trek to my in-laws so we can enjoy a little time in their backyard, I decided to gather some good snow activities for us to enjoy.
I hope you can enjoy them too!
1. Potato Head Snowmen (Happy Hooligans)
2. DIY Snow Paint (The SITS Girls)
3. Ice Luminaries (One Little Project)
4. Blow a Frozen Bubble (What Do We Do All Day?)
5. Snowy Obstacle Course (The Inspired Treehouse)
6. Snow Jewels Winter Play (Growing a Jeweled Rose)
7. Snow Volcano (Science Sparks)
8. Snow Rainbow (Pinterest)
9. Tic-Tac-Snow (Parents)
10. Build a snowman…upside down!!!
If you and your little ones enjoyed this collection of outdoor snow activities for kids, please share it on Pinterest!
If you’re looking for more fun, engaging, and educational kids crafts, activities, and boredom busters to help you have more fun with your kids, check out my Fun With Kids board below!