When I first sat down to write my original 10 things I like about having my period post last year, I actually didn’t think I would be able to pull it off. I mean, what sane person enjoys any of the horrible things Aunt Flo brings with her when she comes for her monthly visit?
But by some grace of god, I did it.
And since today is one of those magical days when my hormones are perfectly aligned and nothing, not even my winter depression, can put me in a bad mood, I decided I’d try and come up with 10 more things I like about having my period.
And I think I did a better job than last time.
1. With a steady stream of Midol and Advil coursing through my bloodstream to keep my hormone levels in check and my cramps at bay, I can drink as much wine as I want and not worry about having a wine hangover.
2. My husband, bless his heart, is smart enough to spend a few extra hours at the office 7 nights a month, which means I get a free pass from making dinner.
3. I feel justified in trading my skinny jeans and stylish tops for yoga pants and sweat shirts.
4. I don’t have to trim the hedges, shave my legs, or wear underpants that floss my bum.
5. The words “I’m out of tampons” gives me the perfect excuse to leave the house ON MY OWN. And it might explain why I have a year’s supply of feminine products stashed away in this cupboard:
6. It makes me feel less guilty about letting Dora the Explorer, Sesame Street, and our iPad babysit my child.
7. After an awkward encounter during a tampon change several months ago, the words “I have my period” guarantees my husband will do his best to let me pee without an audience for 7 consecutive days.
8. Peanut butter and Nutella straight out of the jar. At the same time.
9. For approximately 3 days a month, my boobs are big enough to fill my A cup bra.
10. My fear of coughing and losing a tampon makes me feel justified in taking a week off from all of the activities I hate, like mom-and-me swimming lessons and going to the gym.
If you like to laugh as much as I do, you will LOVE my Chance of Laughter board on Pinterest!