The only exciting thing I remember about St. Patrick’s Day when I was a kid is having green Sprite at my Girl Scout meetings (which I only did for 2 years), so the holiday never really resonated with me.
Well, not until I went to college, but that’s a post for another time.
Anyway, it turns out I was severely deprived as a child because there are HEAPS of fun St. Patrick’s Day food ideas for kids out there that my mother failed to make for me.
The good news?
I’ve put together a list of my most favorite ones so no child every has to suffer like I did.
1. Start the day off with the perfect St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast, which I found over at Chicfluff.
2. Try this awesome Rainbow Pudding recipe by Make:.
3. Does it get any better than these Rainbow Waffles by Gimme Some Over (featured on Tablespoon)? You can do this with pancakes, too!
4. Get out the pretzels, Hershey’s Kisses, and M&Ms and try these Twisted Shamrocks by VT Pinspiration!
5. For the Rice Krispie lovers, check out these Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats by Raspberri Cupcakes.
6. Mmmmmmmm. These Shamrock Cupcakes by Easy-Cake-Decorating.com look DECADENT!
7. For the sugar-haters, try this awesome fruit- and rainbow-inspired St. Patrick’s Day Treat by Our Life With 9 Kids.
8. I’m pretty sure I could eat this ENTIRE tray of Irish Cream Push Pops by Hoosier Homemade.
9. How about these cute Lucky Rainbow Jello treats by Glorious Treats?
10. For the pizza lovers, give these Shamrock Pizzas by Nummy Kitchen a try!
Wow. The mere thought of making these St. Patrick’s Day food ideas for kids makes my mouth water. A lot. So much for my diet!
If you liked this list of St. Patrick’s Day food ideas for kids, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of fabulousness!