I have a confession to make: I kind of want to sell our condo and buy a house.
Not because we’re planning on shaking up our lives with a new baby.
Or because I’m desperate to have people over for barbeques every weekend.
Or because I want to spend my winters shoveling snow.
None of that really appeals to me.
But with only a month or so left of gorgeous weather, I secretly wish I had a backyard my 3-year-old and I could spend our days eating popsicles and enjoying all of the summer activities I’m dying to try in.
Of course, once the weather cools down and the glamor of sitting in the sun all day is replaced with raking leaves and shoveling snow, I will not want a house, so for the next 4+ weeks, I will just have to rely on some of you to invite us over so my daughter can enjoy these fantastic water activities for kids I found on Pinterest.
(Pssst… I’ll bring some adult popsicles to make it worth your while.)
1. Make one of these awesome Water Blobs I found over on Clumsy Crafter. It looks like so much fun!
2. Rescue some empty plastic water bottles from your recycling bin and give this DIY Water Wall by TINKERLAB a try.
3. Host a massive water balloon fight with all the neighborhood kids. Not sure how to prepare ahead of time and keep all those water balloons intact? Don’t worry! A Slob Comes Clean has it all figured out.
4. Set-up this Water Balloon Piñata by Paging Fun Mums in your backyard. My daughter would go CRAZY over it!
5. Make your own sprinkler. Not sure how? Housing a Forest has you covered!
6. Don’t have any balloons kicking around but need a fun activity for the afternoon? Then why not try this Sponge Ball Water Fight idea by Create Craft Love??!
7. Get creative with your water table using this fantastic roundup of cool ideas by Fantastic Fun and Learning!
8. Grab the water guns and have a blast with this Cup Race game I found over on All For the Boys.
9. Get out the paint brushes and foam alphabet mats and try this Alphabet Water Tracing activity by Artsy Momma.
10. Enjoy some of these fabulous beach games in your backyard (no sand required!) by Moms & Munchkins!